MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"rsbm. I don't know what this means. Are you suggesting that they investigated the taillight pieces for LEO DNA? As far as I know this was not done, and I don't recall any testimony to that effect."

Just the first part of your response above, Imo OP means there was no Proctor or Bukhenic DNA found in the sample taken from the back of Lexus near the tail light. That's all in the link to testimony I posted up thread. But again, irrelevant to the fact that we are talking about JOK's epithelial cells being present on back of Lexus near damaged tail light, no blood, no skin. Note no testing of other side of Lexus. As Defense pointed out there are a so many reasons why traces of JOK's DNA would be on the Lexus, such as lifting the hatch. But of course pros never had the other side of the back tested as would weaken their so called evidenced further.moo

But again, none of this negates that we are talking about the Lexus and extracted DNA sample that was compared with proctor and bukhenic NOT the pieces 'uncovered' throughout that Feb. It's incorrect to say JOK DNA was found on them. It simply wasn't.Moo

EBM moved my post outside orange box

rsbm. I don't know what this means. Are you suggesting that they investigated the taillight pieces for LEO DNA? As far as I know this was not done, and I don't recall any testimony to that effect. Can you provide a link?

There is really no other explanation for how matching glass pieces that were found both at the scene and on KR's bumper. The glass was not the same as what John was carrying.

I recall that you and I had this discussion previously, where you insisted that the glass could not be determined to be from the same source until I pointed you back at the testimony to show that the glass shards matched both physically and in chemical composition. I'm not going to rehash all that, but I will point you to our previous discussion:

If there's another explanation for how this same piece of glass came to two different locations without it being planted, I am all ears.
Excellent points!

Sure. But so far, 9 (8?) jurors weren't convinced and these are the sort of details insurance companies take note of when deciding what to do with a case.

Which is not to say this isn't a risk for Paul O'Keefe. If he has a good offer on the table to resolve the wrongful death suit against Read, does he risk it to a jury who may see those arm injuries and decide they weren't made by an SUV, or does he take the money and run? There is definitely risk for him as well.

Another wild card is the fact that there are dram shop defendants as well. Seeing as there is good amount of testimony that Read did not appear to be intoxicated at either bar, do they settle or do they hold their ground? Especially the Waterfall - do they hold their ground or try to settle? And if they hold their ground, I can see everyone who was in the bars that night being called to testify.

But the fact remains that the vast majority of these types of cases settle short of trial.
What a terrible position for the bars to be in that night.Your patrons include entire families of LEOs, who should each be VERY well acquainted with the dangers of drinking too much and drinking and driving. But this family wants to place the blame on everyone but the LEOs who were there that night. moo

^^rsbm

^^^^^^^^^^^UPADATE & IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reading from attached pages 1 and 2 above by reporter Kristina Rex from the subject Wrongful Death Claim dated 8/26/24, it's now confirmed that JOK did NOT legally adopt his minor niece and nephew (Kaylee and Patrick) who'd resided with the decedent for eight years prior to his death.

In other words, for relevant standing, legally, K & P are only JOK's surviving niece and nephew, and not his children. (In my initial post, I incorrectly believed JOK adopted the minors as his legal children which would have excluded his parents and siblings from any presumed award from the suit).

Pursuant to MA law, given JOF had no surviving children, his parents and siblings are in-fact Plaintiffs to the wrongful death suit, and claims to any economic portion of a presumed Wrongful Death award by his surviving niece and nephew, are as beneficiaries of the estate of JOK's sibling, Kristen, their mother. (Kristen is identified in the suit as JOK's sister, and the daughter of each their parents).

This is further made clear on page one where JOK's mother Margaret (MOK) is separately named a Plaintiff as the grandparent and guardian for the niece and not for both of the minor children. MOO

ETA: attach image
View attachment 528478
Why, during the trial, in interviews outside of court (and possibly in court) did we hear over and over that he adopted the 2 children?

What a terrible position for the bars to be in that night.Your patrons include entire families of LEOs, who should each be VERY well acquainted with the dangers of drinking too much and drinking and driving. But this family wants to place the blame on everyone but the LEOs who were there that night. moo
Plus they were bar hopping!

Why, during the trial, in interviews outside of court (and possibly in court) did we hear over and over that he adopted the 2 children?
I agree-- I was left with that impression. Nonetheless, the Plaintiffs obviously couldn't lie to the Court when the Personal Rep for JOK's estate filed the WDC action against KR and Co-defendants. JMO

The post was that there is no evidence that he was hit by a car and the FBI proved it didn't occur.

Both of those are false- there is evidence he made contact with the tail light- his DNA was found in the tail light extract. There is evidence it happened in front of that house; multiple different police officers witnessed finding the tail light pieces under the snow. There is evidence from the FBI that it would take a lot of force to do this. There is also evidence the pieces were not planted: no law enforcement officer's DNA was found in the DNA profiles.

Law enforcement officers always have the ability to plant evidence since they are always the ones collecting it and storing it. Asserting that it is possible law enforcement planted evidence without any evidence that they did is not reasonable doubt, otherwise it would be impossible to convict anyone of anything. That is essentially what the defense did.

Amazingly, more pieces of tail light were collected as evidence and sent to the lab than were needed to piece together the entire tail light by the lab tech. Extra pieces that were not a part of the original tail light.

Considering the source I'm not surprised. Certainly not an unbiased news site over there. JMO
Exploitive 'rag', why would anyone show it here>pretty meaningless in the not even big picture. KR's trial and the corruption now shown, is the big picture, oh, and along with the justice to eventually, completely shown. Well it was, now the little bit extras left. Wheels are turning and turning on this case from the AG downnn.

Exploitive 'rag', why would anyone show it here>pretty meaningless in the not even big picture. KR's trial and the corruption now shown, is the big picture, oh, and along with the justice to eventually, completely shown. Well it was, now the little bit extras left. Wheels are turning and turning on this case from the AG downnn.
Weird and petty behavior came right to mind of the posters, but MOO for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back