MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM. This was posted in another thread, but I hope you'll forgive me if I respond to it here, as this has to do with the KR trial.

As I'm sure you're aware, the state's theory of the case was not that KR "accidentally" ran over JK, but rather than she backed into him on purpose at a high-rate of speed. They could have just charged her with manslaughter, but they chose to make it a murder case, even though they had very little evidence of intent.

As for links between the KR and SB, here are some obvious ones:
  • Many of the same agencies were involved including Canton PD, MSP, Norfolk District Attorney's Office, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
  • Many of the same cops were involved, and both cases involved misdeeds by a LEO
  • When the LEO misdeeds were uncovered, the commonwealth just quietly sat on the evidence and did nothing until it became public knowledge and they were forced to act.
  • An incomplete investigation was done which missed obvious physical evidence indicating the scene wasn't what it initially appeared
  • Both cases involved missed tech evidence that would have inculpated a police officer had it been discovered
  • Even as new evidence came to light indicating that the cases were more complicated than originally thought, the commonwealth refused to reexamine them.
  • The FBI /US Attorney is investigating both cases because they believe that public integrity has been compromised
I'm sure there is much more, which will be revealed in the weeks and months to come.

But one thing in particular I'd like to point out. In SB's case, the ME ignored the broken hyoid bone and physical description of the crime scene which were indicative of a murder. In the KR case, the ME claims that there were no signs of a physical fight (ignoring the various wounds to JK's hands and face) and have refused to admit that the scratches on his arm were caused by an animal. Although at trial, they simply refused to give any explanation.

I think we can look at the autopsy photos and the holes in JO's jersey and our eyes tell us what should have been obvious to the ME, just as the circumstances and manner of SB's death should have been obvious and yet the ME got it wrong.
(It's cool how you moved my post here, I want to know how to do it.)

The first thing I posted in KR's thread was something along the lines of "the events reconstructed through collective alcoholic haze", and this is how I still view it. Now, i don't live in MA and may not be privy to the intricacies of behind-the-scenes politics of Norfolk county, so maybe KR's case will yet surprise me.

The same community and many cops are involved in both cases, you are right. SB's case testifies to low morals of many policemen as well. (Twenty years since the Boston diocese scandal, and such an odd deja vu.) So, i bought popcorn, but not ready to discuss the scratches on JOK's arm because I honestly don't know what to make of them. Either way.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I think it takes exceptional arrogance to compare yourself, even by analogy, to those brave soldiers who died in the tens of thousands as if being accused of the crime of drunk driving is morally equivalent to dying in battle. Its totally preposterous, tone-deaf, and stunningly narcissistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it takes exceptional arrogance to compare yourself, even by analogy, to those brave soldiers who died in the tens of thousands as if being accused of the crime of drunk driving is morally equivalent to dying in battle Its totally preposterous, tone-deaf, and stunningly narcissistic.
Once again,
She disparaged no one, especially not the soldiers who died in that insane war.
So what if she's arrogant, assuming you are even correct? What possible relevance does it have to her innocence or guilt?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back