MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caitlin is trying so hard to distance herself from her little emt buddy. I am weary of these lying alberts.JMOO
I can't figure A NORMAL reason to. If McClaughlin heard KR say that, then she did, nothing to do with Caitlin either way, right? Also shows verbal evidence that KR DID say she hit him, which helps the prosecution. It's embarrassing to hear C. Alberts responses regarding knowing K. McLaughlin.

If you're of a certain mindset... I'd be careful with your evaluations of 'drunk' - because a certain someone is going to be shown to have been drunk drunk drunk.

I can't figure A NORMAL reason to. If McClaughlin heard KR say that, then she did, nothing to do with Kaitlin either way, right? Also shows verbal evidence that KR DID say she hit him, which helps the prosecution. It's embarrassing to hear K. Alberts responses regarding knowing K. McLaughlin.
was even worse when mcclaughlin was trying to say she didn't associate with CA.

Following along with live tweets, not watching so can someone clarify for me? Julie Nagel saw the SUV while she was inside waiting for her brother but when she walked outside to talk to her brother, it was gone. Like KR had already left and was driving back to O’Keefe’s house. Is that correct?

I can't figure A NORMAL reason to. If McClaughlin heard KR say that, then she did, nothing to do with Caitlin either way, right? Also shows verbal evidence that KR DID say she hit him, which helps the prosecution. It's embarrassing to hear C. Alberts responses regarding knowing K. McLaughlin.
Because they weren't good friends. They went to high school together. They had some mutual friends. Because of this, they crossed paths from time to time.

If they were actually buddy buddy, they defense would have no problem calling witness after witness to testify to them hanging out on weekends and doing whatever else together.

I think the defense and defense-aligned folks harping on this, just shows how weak of a defense they actually have. And I'm curious... why? Aren't we here for the actual victim in this case... John O'Keefe? Prosecution witnesses are hostile (and I'll agree sometimes unnecessarily so) to the defense attorney because he's implying they are all murderers!

Why is this so hard to understand?

CW offers their own witnesses' bio
Defense gets to make them all out to be liars?
Got it! moo
They've got two years worth of discovery. Interviews, statements and even sworn evidence in the previous grand jury hearing to work with. The foundation is there for the defense to question the CW's witnesses this way.

You know, I said before that I thought Caitlin Albert was believable as a witness. But her calling her boyfriend to pick her up at 1:45 AM when he had to be up early is super-weird.

I don't know quite know what to make of it. The defense wants to suggest that her parents sent her away because of what happened that night. Maybe or maybe not, but just add it to the oddities in this case.

Edit - Also, Tristan's lack of memory is a bit strange. This wasn't a memorable event for him?
There had to be a reason I think. She, being with him for years, she must know how it is for a plower. I don't know his regular job, but lots put on a plow or plow for usually a landscaping co. that also plows. A good way to make some dollarbucks in Winter. THEY are always exhausted and need every bit of sleep they can get. My brother, and so many others over the years and now. It would take SOMETHING for a gf or wife to call and say, can you come pick me up knowing this. Desperate or ill. There had to be a plan of how CAITLIN was going to get home or stay over after going to the Alberts after party previously. Of course it was a conversation previously.

What do you mean by this?
The “got it!” makes it sound sarcastic.
Are you saying the defense shouldn’t point out omissions/inconsistencies?
Thanks in advance!
No sarcasm intended. ;) Thank you for asking.

It's how I see it. The witnesses are the state's witnesses (called by the state, not the defense)

Yet, these same witnesses (especially the last one) are helping the defense.

All placed reasonable doubt, all apparently, may not have been truthful, at times, why?

Did the most recent witness outright lie? Appears her testimony would be discredited.

This is all my opinion.

If you're of a certain mindset... I'd be careful with your evaluations of 'drunk' - because a certain someone is going to be shown to have been drunk drunk drunk.
Oh oh oh!
Please tell us more!
Is it BA driving his family in a police vehicle after not eating and drinking since early afternoon???
Or is it BH who drove around like super Mario that night, even went to work drunk.

Her boyfriend had to shovel snow early the next morning. Meanwhile, she has a white collar job with the DA's office. It's likely she didn't have to work the next day as it was a Saturday. So would it have mattered if she was snowed in? She was at her family home, after all. Probably by mid-day/early afternoon the road conditions would have improved enough that Tristan could have picked her up in the Jeep after his work was done.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why she felt the need to deprive her boyfriend of rest right before he had to do manual labor the next morning. And to question if she's being completely honest in her answer.
Exactly, I wrote similar a second ago. Common sense. She knows she wouldn't of been snowed in. The roads would of been being cleared as we know Lucky, the plower was out at that time o night/morn. They go all night and all knew about the storm and have been through them plenty before. I def do NOT buy the 'I didn't want to get snowed in' It was so late as it was, why not get a ride home from the Waterfall if conerned that much. Her bf with his own plow or a co. he worked for, would of gotten her in the a.m. He didn't drive the plow/pick up to get her I know, but her jeep.. Amazing she works for a D.A. office, unbelievable.

They've got two years worth of discovery. Interviews, statements and even sworn evidence in the previous grand jury hearing to work with. The foundation is there for the defense to question the CW's witnesses this way.
What I am saying is all the CW has shown (thus far) the jury is their witnesses’ history - they can drink, where they live, they dont know much, can't remember much, etc.

The defense is tearing it up!

The poor jury.. I commend them for their civic duty. This is a tough one.
moo

Because they weren't good friends. They went to high school together. They had some mutual friends. Because of this, they crossed paths from time to time.

If they were actually buddy buddy, they defense would have no problem calling witness after witness to testify to them hanging out on weekends and doing whatever else together.

I think the defense and defense-aligned folks harping on this, just shows how weak of a defense they actually have. And I'm curious... why? Aren't we here for the actual victim in this case... John O'Keefe? Prosecution witnesses are hostile (and I'll agree sometimes unnecessarily so) to the defense attorney because he's implying they are all murderers!

Why is this so hard to understand?
They’ve gone on multiple trips over the years and were at a baby shower 6 months before O’Keefe’s death. They are clearly much closer than “I went to high school with someone with that name.” Which is why it’s so bizarre they’re trying to distance themselves so hard. It’s more of an indictment on the prosecution than the defense, IMO.

The judge wouldn’t allow the photos to be shown to the jury so I’m unsure why you’d expect the defense could bring up witnesses to testify about the friendship lol.

There had to be a reason I think. She, being with him for years, she must know how it is for a plower. I don't know his regular job, but lots put on a plow or plow for usually a landscaping co. that also plows. A good way to make some dollarbucks in Winter. THEY are always exhausted and need every bit of sleep they can get. My brother, and so many others over the years and now. It would take SOMETHING for a gf or wife to call and say, can you come pick me up knowing this. Desperate or ill. There had to be a plan of how CAITLIN was going to get home or stay over after going to the Alberts after party previously. Of course it was a conversation previously.
I would have texted one word to her and a kiss emoji: UBER

I absolutely LOVED Yanetti calling Jennifer McCabe "Investigator McCabe" when he was questioning the last witness. JMcC, Who somehow had the mysteriously obtained Screenshot of the witness' text conversation to her brother Ryan regarding the convenient time leaving the Albert home narrative.
LOL, he even got in there, that JmcCabe had somehow deleted that screenshot from her phone. This corrupted cover-up cannot get anymore in your face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golden123