MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she really say Colin wasn't in the house when JO was there or is this a typo?

Alli McCabe says “Colin Albert wasn’t in the house” when JO was there and breaks down when she describes the harassment she says she and her family have received.

Did she really say Colin wasn't in the house when JO was there or is this a typo?

Alli McCabe says “Colin Albert wasn’t in the house” when JO was there and breaks down when she describes the harassment she says she and her family have received.

"Colin wasn't in the house when John was there".
And cue the tears, because she knows she effed up.

Has it been brought up about COLIN's look about him of being in a fight? WELL HE WAS, but not sure of it's been timelined. Oh boy, hence the huge coverup for him. That age, getting into it with an older and known neighbor, prev and knowing he's a cop and no thinking of consequences would be a drunk teen or age group 'thing to do', then beat feet. Afraid after of big trouble for it once he became 'lucid' about it , then a 'few hours later to hear JO died due to it. ALL of them would spring to the circle the wagons. No minds of their own/ conscience as all 'in' with the group, till one is not and understandably be watching his or her back forever. They've heard the stories.
The photo of Colin and his healing knuckles was a social media post, so I don't think it's allowed here.
I don't have a date of when that photo was taken, either.

I'm still confused about "harassment" being discussed in court. Does the jury know who was harassing who? Just mentioning "a blogger" and crying on the stand doesn't give me any useful information.
Also, I'm assuming the prosecution is referring to a blogger harassing the Alberts, and not the Alberts/McCabes harassing others?

The photo of Colin and his healing knuckles was a social media post, so I don't think it's allowed here.
I don't have a date of when that photo was taken, either.

I'm still confused about "harassment" being discussed in court. Does the jury know who was harassing who? Just mentioning "a blogger" and crying on the stand doesn't give me any useful information.
Also, I'm assuming the prosecution is referring to a blogger harassing the Alberts, and not the Alberts/McCabes harassing others?

She's talking about Turtleboy, of course, and his fandom. I know jury members aren't supposed to know much about the case, but at least some probably will know what she's talking about.

But I think she started crying because she said the wrong thing. "Colin wasn't in the house when John was there". Um.

I also think this young lady is likely innocent of manipulating screen shots. Her parents on the other hand have means, motive and opportunity. JMO. More to come.

Colin says he was drinking Bud Light's the night of Jan 28. Started at his friend Mike's house. Was there a few hours. Then went to Uncle Brian's house on Fairview.

Colin ALbert says he believes his close friend Allie McCabe gave him a ride from Mike's to Uncle Brian's house. He thinks he got there around 10:30 or so. He has a midnight curfew

Colin says he drank more bud lights but says he wasn't intoxicated or falling down drunk. No one at the party was. Says he never went to the basement or upstairs.

Colin says he was at the house "probably like an hour and a half." He says he believed he left at 12:10.

Colin says he took screenshoys of his convo with Allie about getting picked up around midnite 1-28-22. The Jury sees those.

View attachment 503759

The funny thing about the screenshots is that no iPhone iMessage has a comma after the year so why does theirs. Unless…

She's talking about Turtleboy, of course, and his fandom. I know jury members aren't supposed to know much about the case, but at least some probably will know what she's talking about.

But I think she started crying because she said the wrong thing. "Colin wasn't in the house when John was there". Um.

I also think this young lady is likely innocent of manipulating screen shots. Her parents on the other hand have means, motive and opportunity. JMO. More to come.

I think Allie McCabe was for the most part an effective witness for the prosecution. She seemed fairly straightforward and not overtly hostile like some of the other commonwealth witnesses. She really didn't seem to me like she was lying and she stood up well to Yannetti. I'm not sure how much the Life360 data on cross landed.

Also, I didn't take her statement to mean John was definitely in the house, which she wouldn't have known firsthand anyway. I think she just meant that Colin wasn't there when John and Karen arrived at the property. People don't always speak perfectly when they are under stress. I disagree that some small misstatement means she's party to a coverup. Just like I disagree with the folks who parse KR's "I hit him" or "Did I hit him" as absolute, damning proof of her guilt with no further investigation needed.

And I do think her tears were genuine. Whatever people may think of the Alberts & McCabes, they have undoubtedly been severely harassed and much of it has fallen on the younger members of the family. I'm sure it's been quite traumatizing and has made the last couple of years hellish.

Now, having said all that...I was a little surprised that the prosecution only introduced screenshots of the text messages which as the defense points out can easily be manipulated by simply changing the time on one's phone. No tech skills are required. Any other way to hack text times is a lot more involved and requires more expertise.

It would have been a slam dunk--and would have cut the defense off at their knees--if they had introduced a Cellbrite extraction. Or even some kind of affidavit from a tech expert stating that the times are accurate. I know Allie was under no legal obligation to turn her phone over and in fact she's switched phones in the interim. Still had she had produced more than just a simple screenshot it would have greatly helped in removing the veil of suspicion from Colin.

Colin Albert, a key witness in the controversial and closely-watched Karen Read murder trial, took the stand Wednesday afternoon to testify about what he remembers about the events on the night that Boston Police Officer John O'Keefe died.

Albert is the son of Canton Select Board member Chris Albert and his wife Julie Albert, and the nephew of retired Boston Police Officer Brian Albert, who owned the home where O'Keefe was found on the morning on Jan. 29, 2022.

It can also be interrupted: Colin got picked up & he wasn’t there at the time JOK arrived at the house. moo

@TedDanielnews

Alli McCabe says "Colin Albert wasn’t in the house" when JO was there and breaks down when she describes the harassment she says she and her family have received.

3:41 PM · May 15, 2024

The State has no case. All I've seen so far is inconsistent stories, lies, coached witnesses & perjury. Time will tell...
Agree with most of what you stated. Will add, no evidence of who killed John O'Keefe. It's too bad that there will be no justice served. Contamination at its finest. moo

I think I am slowly coming to my thoughts on this case. I am not married to the idea of KR being innocent, I'd like to make that very clear, though I do lean heavily on the side of NG.

I think the crux of the matter is the shoddy police work. Period. Many, if not most, key witnesses were not interviewed until many months, if not a year, after the incident and their testimonies eerily contradictory. We've all watched Forensic Files, right? Eyewitness is shakey enough, and now we're interviewing way after the fact? And some details are just coming up at that point? Huh?

I eagerly await Proctor's testimony.

The snow plow operator who saw nothing. The crime scene was almost laughably insecure so that even with a credible source, imo the forensic testimony (blanking on her name, plz forgive me) fell flat because she could only speak to her own best practices and whats that worth if the source is questionable?

I hurt so badly for the victim's family. But I think their anger should (mostly) be directed at the state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member