MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@SueNBCBoston

McCabe says she did not think Alley was involved in any way at the time.Now asking about the statement K Roberts made that J McCabe overheard that left her horrified.Your next text was “I love it”

10:54 AM · May 22, 2024
J McCabe asks to see the texts.
Jackson has to find it.
We have certainly established under oath that Kerry Roberts talks non-stop.
J says her response was to her husband texting
- she could write a book.

10:56 AM · May 22, 2024

@JHall7news

JACKSON finishes - Lally does a lengthy redirect..including some statements about being harassed by Karen Read supporters who say she should kill herself, terrible mother, etc.

10:52 AM · May 22, 2024

So the FBI investigation things aren't allowed to be brought up by defense, but we can bring up KR supporters harassing her and giving her headaches (which has literally ZERO to do with KR's innocence or guilt)

JMO

JM tells ADA Lally that people have been "harassing" her family since 4/23.JM: “I’m a witness that’s all I am, I’m not on trial and people are terrorizing me”.She says Trooper Proctor alerted her that a rolling rally was coming to her home and Lally said police put up "pole cameras" to record the rally @TedDanielnews
snipped.

Interesting that the police have cameras for the rally.

If only they had body cams or if they had made video recordings of their interviews, this would be a completely different trial.

@BienickWCVB

McCabe says in July a blogger organized a "rolling rally" to go to various witnesses houses. 50-75 came to house. "They screamed, they yelled," she said. "They just caused an absolute raucous outside."

10:47 AM · May 22, 2024

McCabe reiterates that Read asked to Google about hypothermia. Says Read was shaking her hand and she was cold. Says she also has MS. Lally points out that if she'd made the search at 2am in her bedroom, Read would not be there.

10:47 AM · May 22, 2024
I’m not saying that what the rallyers did was right. Let the court decide. But the irony is that it sounds like the Albert’s et al have been bullying others in the town for years. Now they know how their victims feel.

@SueNBCBoston

You heard a statement that horrified you during the police interview:
-Kerry said something like “John really loved Amy, Karen was just a babysitter with benefits”

10:39 AM · May 22, 2024
who is Amy....??? I am getting the impression that long before this murder the O'Keefe family for their own reasons did not like Karen and her relationship with their son and grandchildren?

I’m not saying that what the rallyers did was right. Let the court decide. But the irony is that it sounds like the Albert’s et al have been bullying others in the town for years. Now they know how their victims feel.

IMO, it's a real risk for the prosecution for their witnesses to keep saying the general public is accusing them of having murdered John.

I mean, the shoe does seem to fit...

who is Amy....??? I am getting the impression that long before this murder the O'Keefe family for their own reasons did not like Karen and her relationship with their son and grandchildren?
Before the trial that's what I thought too. That the family disliked Karen and wanted John to come to his senses and move on.

Yet that's not what JO's brother and sister-in-law said during their testimony. They said that the couple had a good relationship and fought no more than average. Karen and Erin (the SIL) actually seemed pretty close.

This is really the first we're hearing otherwise. Although it does seem more like gossip as it's coming from Jen McCabe and Kerry Roberts.

No idea who Amy is.

Jen McC's claims and cries of harassment is deflecting from her guilt.

I recall very vividly the crowds of nay sayers and disbelievers at the home of Cindy and George Anthony, in 2009. The people and social media were very involved with that as well. It happens, and there is no need to call attention to yourself, unless you need it.

She is a "Mean Girl" from Canton, proven today on the stand.
'I love it '.......

MOO

Jen McC's claims and cries of harassment is deflecting from her guilt.

I recall very vividly the crowds of nay sayers and disbelievers at the home of Cindy and George Anthony, in 2009. The people and social media were very involved with that as well. It happens, and there is no need to call attention to yourself, unless you need it.

She is a "Mean Girl" from Canton, proven today on the stand.
'I love it '.......

MOO
And more recently, the parents of Brian Laundrie experienced much the same treatment

My patience for her personality is at 0. I'm impressed with how patient Alan Jackson is with her.
Same, her obstructiveness was irritating and exasperating. Just glad she's off the stand. She dug her own hole but I really did not enjoy watching her do it. A person would not want to be on her bad side as KR no doubt discovered. moo jury will struggle to feel sympathetic.

Prior to the start of jury selection, Judge Beverly Cannone read the full list of possible witnesses aloud, just in case any of the potential jurors know any of them. The list included over 150 names, though Cannone said not all of them will likely be called.

Here's the full witness list, which includes dozens of police officers, firefighters, medical personnel, Canton residents and even Norfolk District Attorney Michael Morrissey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18