MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I understand why the "human hair witness" had to admit she made a big mistake. Lally covered it at the beginning of her testimony.
According to the defense the hair is not of John Okeefe DNA, in fact the hair is not even human. Will be interesting if Lally brings an expert to say differently.

This snip is from defense motion where the hair is dealt with
affidavit of counsel in support of defendant's motion to modify conditions of releaseView attachment 507786
I hope KR sues the prosecutor's office, the PD, and the individuals who conspired to bring about this sham trial!! This is beyond absurd.

There's no question Karen was feeding him info she was getting from her attorneys who were getting information from the FBI. He eventually admitted this, and most of the information he relayed has very much dovetailed with what we're hearing during the trial.

There is no law against her doing this. And I don't blame her one bit. She's been railroaded by LE and the DA and literally no news outlet in Boston would touch the case beyond dutifully repeating whatever the state troopers told them. When you're fighting for your life sometimes you have to make do with the bottom of the barrel. Her story sure did get out.
I give her credit for being resourceful!

@KristinaRex

NEW info in #KarenReadTrial: Defense attorney Alan Jackson anticipates his case will take only four days, and trial will end before July. ALSO: will Trooper Michael Proctor testify? Jackson doesn't know. MORE info on #WBZ at 6 tonight

4:33 PM · Jun 3, 2024

DEDHAM - The Karen Read trial continued Monday with witness testimony from police and forensic experts about physical evidence collected at the scene of the Massachusetts murder case.

Read is accused of hitting and killing her Boston police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe with her SUV and leaving him to die in the snow in January of 2022 in Canton. The defense argues that he was actually killed during a fight and dragged outside.

Massachusetts State Police lieutenant testifies in Karen Read trial​

The first witness called by the prosecution Monday was Massachusetts State Police Lt. Kevin O'Hara. He has been team commander for the agency's Special Emergency Response Team since 2014.

Full article at link...

I hope KR sues the prosecutor's office, the PD, and the individuals who conspired to bring about this sham trial!! This is beyond absurd.
It's horrifyingly scandalous and heads need to roll.JMO

Has anyone considered that Brian Higgins may have been in love / infatuated with KR, and he that he wanted JO out of the way. Hatred boiled to the surface. MOO
KR was the one that reached out to Higgins outta the blue and started hitting on him. She was still in a relationship with John when she was text-flirting and calling Higgins “hot.” He repeatedly asked her what she wanted and she wouldn’t answer. Of course he was flattered and kept replying but he was also skeptical. After John died, Higgins never responded to KR.

KR has repeatedly said “I hit him.” She’s guilty. These conspiracy theories are just that - theories. They are not evidence. Testimony from several people who heard KR saying “I hit him” IS EVIDENCE.

JMO

Defense attorney Alan Jackson anticipates his case will take only four days, and trial will end before July.
That's a big surprise. I'd expected a couple of weeks at least, especially with their line up of expert witnesses: the medical examiner, tech expert and accident reconstructionists.

It may also be the clearest indication yet that KR won't be testifying, since that alone would take a full day if not more.

Wow! Great hypothesis. I get a bit irritated when I hear what a saint JO was but he had to be fed up with her jealousy or other perceived shortcomings, right? We can't blame the victim here but he was just as drunk as she was (if not more, he started earlier).
Nobody but Karen Read knows exactly what happened in the moments just before and after the murder. I suspect something that escalated quickly and alcohol played a huge part in it.

KR has repeatedly said “I hit him.” She’s guilty. These conspiracy theories are just that - theories. They are not evidence. Testimony from several people who heard KR saying “I hit him” IS EVIDENCE.

I'm assuming you've watched the trial to date? And you think the jury is gong to convict her on that "EVIDENCE"?

Really?

JO bled profusely from a head wound in back of head. The blood soaked his outer hoody and through to his T-shirt. The blood ran down to his jeans. For blood to pour down from head to clothing, wouldn't JO have been standing or sitting? Where did blood pool after it flowed through clothing?

If he was hit by plow and fell to ground, wouldn't the blood flow directly from head into the ground? Just wondering.There was little blood on the lawn where his body was discovered. moo
I'm right there with you Chelly, the blood should have pooled at his head while he laid on the ground, not run down the back of his hoodie. It looks like he was drug on his back (through snow) after his head started bleeding (while he was at least somewhat vertical).

And that scuff mark on KR's vehicle near the taillight looks like it came from rubbing against another car, not a person.

I give her credit for being resourceful!

Without his media coverage I don't know how public sentiment would be toward KR. He has brought to light an awareness of an injustice against Karen Read. And has disseminated information taken directly from previous hearings. Hours of hearings.He's done his homework in his own flamboyant way.

Without his media coverage I don't know how public sentiment would be toward KR. He has brought to light an awareness of an injustice against Karen Read. And has disseminated information taken directly from previous hearings. Hours of hearings.He's done his homework in his own flamboyant way.

Quite a bit was handed to him directly, as opposed to him digging things up. He had a built-in following though, and he's obnoxiously persistent.

I don't approve of the way he brought people to harass "witnesses" at their homes, or at work or school games, even though I think some of them are horrible people. If he does end up convicted and gets a prison sentence, I won't weep for him. The First Amendment does have some limitations.

As for Read, the prosecution tried very hard to connect her to witness intimidation, even getting her new phone to review communications with TB. But they were unable to find anything, and because of this I doubt she encouraged those sorts of activities.

Just wondering if anyone could tell or knows which sneaker was found in the snow, left or right? I couldn’t tell and don’t recall if anyone said.

KR was the one that reached out to Higgins outta the blue and started hitting on him. She was still in a relationship with John when she was text-flirting and calling Higgins “hot.” He repeatedly asked her what she wanted and she wouldn’t answer. Of course he was flattered and kept replying but he was also skeptical. After John died, Higgins never responded to KR.

JMO

I am still considering that the FBI determined that the injuries were not consistent with being hit by a car.
medical examiner wrote ‘the death was not the result of a fight’ on the death certificate. That is the opposite of what a death cert should do! It does not say what did not cause the death.
The evidence gathering team ‘were not given the green light’ .

Quite a bit was handed to him directly, as opposed to him digging things up. He had a built-in following though, and he's obnoxiously persistent.

I don't approve of the way he brought people to harass "witnesses" at their homes, or at work or school games, even though I think some of them are horrible people. If he does end up convicted and gets a prison sentence, I won't weep for him. The First Amendment does have some limitations.

As for Read, the prosecution tried very hard to connect her to witness intimidation, even getting her new phone to review communications with TB. But they were unable to find anything, and because of this I doubt she encouraged those sorts of activities.

Handed to him or not, he got the information out there. And if anyone needs conviction it's those that have plotted against KR and those that are responsible for what happened to JO. JMOO

JMO
Yeah I definitely can’t get past that. The evidence collection was horrible and hopefully no one tried to make her look more guilty by planting evidence. Just wish they didn’t screw up the investigation so much. Yes I am watching it unfold…..

Not that I believe a solo hair fragment survived the trauma of a 65 mile highway roundtrip in a blizzard, but I'm sure the jury hasn't forgotten that Karen's car was often housed in John's garage, just as it was the night he died.

The trivialness of this hair serves to further underscore just how weak the prosecution's case is.
Big agree. Reminds me of the Amanda Knox case, with her DNA on the kitchen knife. Of course it was, she lived there! Whether or not the hair is his, whether or not it survived the trip, I don’t think it’s relevant at all.

Who are you referring to as a sketchy outsider? Turtleboy or the defense team?

Mr. Aidan Kearney

P.S. it didn't even occur to me to think of two esteemed, famous solicitors as such, lol. Maximum that i would allow myself to think of would be if they seem "more charismatic" or "less charismatic" to me, but no one doubts either their knowledge or dedication to the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member