Identified! MA - Provincetown, Race Point, 'Lady in the Dunes' WhtFem 27-49, UP11840, Jul'74 - Ruth Marie Terry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have done some research and think that the lady in the dunes could be Carlene Brown who disappeared from Rawlins, WY. On July 4, 1974. Take a look and tell me what you think.

I have done some research and think that the lady in the dunes could be Carlene Brown who disappeared from Rawlins, WY. On July 4, 1974. Take a look and tell me what you think.
Welcome to Ws. Sabella, thanks for the suggestion!
Funny, she somewhat resembles the woman who worked as an extra in the Jaws film, imo speculation.
Carlene Brown – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since 07/04/1974
  • Missing From Rawlins, Wyoming
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 01/14/1955 (64)
  • Age 19 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'3, 100 - 120 pounds

carlene_brown_1.jpg

Funny, she somewhat resembles the woman who worked as an extra in the Jaws film, imo speculation.
  • Age 19 years old

carlene_brown_1.jpg

The body was found in late July, 1974 and Carlene was reported missing on July 4 from Wyoming. That doesn't leave much time for her to go all the way to Cape Cod and be murdered.

Jaws was filmed at different locations but mostly in Martha's Vineyard. Do we know the scene with the lady in the blue bandana was filmed on Cape Cod?

New to site and decided to give Lady in the Dunes thread a look. I'm just stumbling around getting to know some of the tools you guys use and threw some ideas into NamUs. I second an earlier post that Barbara Jean Aleksivich looks like a maybe.
Original

* Bath, NY (birthplace of Golden State Killer!)
* Age 24
* Height: 5'6"
* Weight: 140
* Last seen leaving Bath Elks Club in October 1973

Otherwise, Frankie McGraw seems like a really close resemblance and has arrest history. Was she ruled out?

New to site and decided to give Lady in the Dunes thread a look. I'm just stumbling around getting to know some of the tools you guys use and threw some ideas into NamUs. I second an earlier post that Barbara Jean Aleksivich looks like a maybe.
Original

* Bath, NY (birthplace of Golden State Killer!)
* Age 24
* Height: 5'6"
* Weight: 140
* Last seen leaving Bath Elks Club in October 1973

Otherwise, Frankie McGraw seems like a really close resemblance and has arrest history. Was she ruled out?

Hi and welcome @Manwel. Frankie was ruled out as far as I remember, but I don't have the source directly. It must be uptreath somewhere. I can't check the rule-outs in Namus myself, if they are made public at all.

Hi and welcome @Manwel. Frankie was ruled out as far as I remember, but I don't have the source directly. It must be uptreath somewhere. I can't check the rule-outs in Namus myself, if they are made public at all.

The list on Namus is very incomplete. It only shows about four or five names.

I feel like we should update the Wikipedia with that! There's a section where they ruled out a few people. Easy place to track that for those of us who keep tabs on some of these. I only ever heard of her thanks to the My Favorite Murder podcast which covered the Joe Hill news. I think what makes her so intriguing is you feel like you should be able to match a missing person with the face. It feels like you're always on the brink of finding her. I think that's largely what has attracted interest in Zodiac or even JonBenet—everyone feels like they are just one detail away from the truth. That can be very compelling and motivating. Hopefully it comes with results for all someday.

• Age 19 years old

carlene_brown_1.jpg

Sure wish we could get Joe Hill on this thread wouldn't that be something!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bslnlaw
Back