MA - Remains of 4 infants discovered in apartment, Boston - 17 November 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People have been performing selfabortion for as long as humans have existed. There are a large number of ways people try, some ways are more effective than others, and all have a very high risk of death or infection for the pregnant person compared to medical abortion, which is performed by medical professionals in sterile conditions and as a result comes with a relatively low risk of injury. Desperate people do desperate things.
Yeah, the high risk of death and/or infection, along with any complications that could happen was why I was thinking one might suspect another person being there to help or assist in what might have been one or more abortions. Could very well be one desperate Women who did not have complications all 4 times, either way, I hope they find her or anyone else involved.

Yeah, the high risk of death and/or infection, along with any complications that could happen was why I was thinking one might suspect another person being there to help or assist in what might have been one or more abortions. Could very well be one desperate Women who did not have complications all 4 times, either way, I hope they find her or anyone else involved.
They haven't publicly named anyone, but the list of possible gestational parents for these infants is potentially as low as one name.

"The Boston Herald reported that the unit listed in the police report has been owned by the same woman since the early 1980s, but it is unclear if she lives there. She’s in her 60s, the Herald said, and the newspaper has been unable to reach her or her family members for comment." From: Remains of 4 infants found in South Boston home earlier this month

I don't think there's any information out there about how old the remains are, but if they've been frozen continuously, there's no reason they couldn't have been stored that way for decades.

Or, they could be more recent, and the flat could be owned by one person and lived in by another. Four pregnancies, barring twinning, suggests this has been going on for years. Perhaps over a decade. Pregnancies can come on the heels of each other, but they could also have been years apart.

MOO

Investigators learned that the apartment was owned and occupied by Alexis Aldamir, 69, who likely began living there as early as April 1982, according to the DA’s office. Officials located Aldamir in a residential health care facility and obtained a DNA sample through a court order, concluding that Aldamir was the mother of all four babies.

Investigators learned that the apartment was owned and occupied by Alexis Aldamir, 69, who likely began living there as early as April 1982, according to the DA’s office. Officials located Aldamir in a residential health care facility and obtained a DNA sample through a court order, concluding that Aldamir was the mother of all four babies.
Thanks for that article. I read another one earlier that was so incredibly vague.

Just when you thought this case couldn't get any stranger. From the article:
A newly available court document reveals the connection between the two cases: Alexis Aldamir, the mother of the four infants, served on the jury that convicted a Mattapan street gang leader of fatally shooting a state prosecutor in 1995. A search of Aldamir’s East Broadway condo turned up a manila folder filled with newspaper clippings from Jeffrey Bly’s 1999 trial in the shooting death of Assistant Attorney General Paul McLaughlin, the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office wrote in a previously impounded October 2023 court filing.

Ten of the 12 articles were dated during the trial and two were published after the verdict, according to the court document, which was first reported by The Boston Globe. Statements from Aldamir’s family and records from her former employer corroborated her jury service, prosecutors said.

(the Globe article will undoubtedly be paywalled)

Excerpts taken from a long article about her life:

To some, she seemed to be inseparable from her mother, who lived on the floor above her. One former resident recalled a story from their then-landlord, who claimed Aldamir said a ghost roamed the basement. The resident described her as strange. But people who knew her at different times from the 1980s through 2015 said she was a capable adult, who held a job and took care of herself.

As a child, Aldamir claimed she could speak to the deceased baby as well as to ghosts, her other brother told Boston police on the day he discovered the baby remains

When she was 19 in the early 1970s, Aldamir discussed having tubal ligation surgery, which would have left her unable to become pregnant, her brother told investigators

In a separate interview with investigators, Aldamir’s sister-in-law recalled a conversation from about 2016 when Aldamir became upset and “crying that she never had children,” Chaves wrote.

In 1977, Aldamir changed her birth name, Debbie Joyce Harrelson, and became Alexis Aldamir, court records show. In documents filed in Hampshire Probate and Family Court, Aldamir devoted two words to explaining why she wished for the change: “professional reasons.”

1723495966555.png

1723496003043.png

View attachment 524137

View attachment 524138
Paywalled for me but certainly makes me curious.

What I can see of your post states: 4 Babies found dead in freezer and "co-workers never knew the mother of five to be pregnant".

YET
In a separate interview with investigators, Aldamir’s sister-in-law recalled a conversation from about 2016 when Aldamir became upset and “crying that she never had children,” Chaves wrote.
Did she adopt? Is there a fifth deceased baby somewhere? Or did she actually have another child (and have they confirmed that child's safety)??

Paywalled for me but certainly makes me curious.

What I can see of your post states: 4 Babies found dead in freezer and "co-workers never knew the mother of five to be pregnant".

YET

Did she adopt? Is there a fifth deceased baby somewhere? Or did she actually have another child (and have they confirmed that child's safety)??
Odd that it's paywalled for you when I can see it and I'm not a subscriber. Whenever an article appears paywalled I try refreshing the page and the block usually goes away. If it doesn't I click on the X to make it go away so I can read the article.

Anyway, in answer to your Q's....

She gave the surviving child, which was girl, up for adoption after she was born in 1982.

Odd that it's paywalled for you when I can see it and I'm not a subscriber. Whenever an article appears paywalled I try refreshing the page and the block usually goes away. If it doesn't I click on the X to make it go away so I can read the article.

Anyway, in answer to your Q's....

She gave the surviving child, which was girl, up for adoption after she was born in 1982.
I am in Canada and we are getting used to news being blocked here.

And thank you for the answer! Mystery solved.

View attachment 524137

View attachment 524138
Interesting in that the 1973 Amherst High School yearbook picture of Debbie Harrelson mentions her having transferred / moved from Yorktown, Virginia at that time. With her age of ~69 now (and known as Alexis Aldamir) that would have made her age then ~18. There is the brother’s statement indicating her desire at 19 to have a tubal ligation. Almost begin to wonder circumstances of that transfer / move?

And IMO multiple articles refer to her as a mother of five. Yet it seems four (4) have since been found dead in that freezer? Still confused as to whether there might have been others as well? Disturbingly sad story. MOO

Aldamir is a name from...Tolkien.
TA - Third Age, i.e. when The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy take place.

I suspect a mental illness case here. The babies were likely born in the late 1970s to the early 1980s, with 1982 marking the end by her giving the last baby up for adoption.
Did the babies have the same father or different ones? Did the father(s) know about the pregnancies?
Was she in a relationship back then or just having ONS?

I guess she had some undiagnosed mental illness that likely around 1982 got medically managed, which enabled her to make an informed decision regarding her last baby, hold a job and care for her mother.

So many open questions.

Jmoo

Just when you thought this case couldn't get any stranger. From the article:
A newly available court document reveals the connection between the two cases: Alexis Aldamir, the mother of the four infants, served on the jury that convicted a Mattapan street gang leader of fatally shooting a state prosecutor in 1995. A search of Aldamir’s East Broadway condo turned up a manila folder filled with newspaper clippings from Jeffrey Bly’s 1999 trial in the shooting death of Assistant Attorney General Paul McLaughlin, the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office wrote in a previously impounded October 2023 court filing.

Ten of the 12 articles were dated during the trial and two were published after the verdict, according to the court document, which was first reported by The Boston Globe. Statements from Aldamir’s family and records from her former employer corroborated her jury service, prosecutors said.

(the Globe article will undoubtedly be paywalled)

The whole story is really amazing, isn't it?
Same mother, same father.............. and no one knew. None of her coworkers, none of her family.
How does that happen. I guess she was rather heavy.... but still, how do you hide it.
And one child was put up for adoption in 1982.... wonder if this child has ever investigated her biological parentage.
Whew.

I suspect a mental illness case here. The babies were likely born in the late 1970s to the early 1980s, with 1982 marking the end by her giving the last baby up for adoption.
Did the babies have the same father or different ones? Did the father(s) know about the pregnancies?
Was she in a relationship back then or just having ONS?

I guess she had some undiagnosed mental illness that likely around 1982 got medically managed, which enabled her to make an informed decision regarding her last baby, hold a job and care for her mother.

So many open questions.

Jmoo

One article referenced one mother and one father for all four.
He died in 2011. They did not give his name however.

Interesting in that the 1973 Amherst High School yearbook picture of Debbie Harrelson mentions her having transferred / moved from Yorktown, Virginia at that time. With her age of ~69 now (and known as Alexis Aldamir) that would have made her age then ~18. There is the brother’s statement indicating her desire at 19 to have a tubal ligation. Almost begin to wonder circumstances of that transfer / move?

And IMO multiple articles refer to her as a mother of five. Yet it seems four (4) have since been found dead in that freezer? Still confused as to whether there might have been others as well? Disturbingly sad story. MOO
She gave the last one up for adoption in 1982

I am in Canada and we are getting used to news being blocked here.

And thank you for the answer! Mystery solved.
Ohhhh... it's a country thing. Interesting!

And you're very welcome. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back