MA - Sandra Birchmore, Stoughton, 4 Feb 2021 *former police officer arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Angelique Pirozzi, a cousin of Birchmore, told the Globe after hearing of Birchmore’s arrest: “We are grateful that the arc of justice has bent toward Sandra. We however remain shocked and saddened by how hard it was to get to this place. Justice is not blind, particularly when law enforcement is involved, and this isn’t the end but the beginning of finally getting justice for Sandra.”

Julia Perlin, who was 6 or 7 years old when she met Birchmore, had a message for her friend: “Sandra, we can’t bring you back, but we’re fighting for you.”

She said she “knew my friend would have never killed herself or harmed her unborn baby. I feel that he’s getting what he finally deserves. And at the end of the day, everything was about getting justice for Sandra.”

A police officer is shown at the scene of a shooting in Stoughton, Massachusetts, Thursday, April 1, 2021. (NECN)

A police officer is shown at the scene of a shooting in Stoughton, Massachusetts, Thursday, April 1, 2021

A news conference onFarwell's arrest is expected at 1:45 p.m. at the Moakley Federal Courthouse in Boston.

The sheer amount of planning he put into this is absolutely insane.

She told friends he was investigating her closet and bathroom and she didnt know why.

When he murdered her, he hung the strap on the closet door.

Thanks so much for the link.
I know SB wasn't a child but "that poor poor child" keeps running through mind reading this.
Witness 7 was her therapist and it appears it had been long term so are we told anywhere that this therapist knew the backstory of SB being groomed since she was 12 and raped for the first time at 15 and as a mandatory reporter did not report it?
I just can't believe that SB was subjected to emotional, physical and sexual abuse by this mentally deranged evil man for years while so many people knew about it and didn't do squat.

That LE didn't run with this, like straight to Farwell?
Unbelievable.

Page 31

Finally, family members found a necklace that belonged to Birchmore lying on thefloor of her bedroom. This necklace consisted of a thin gold chain with a pink flamingo charm.

"The family members observed that the necklace’s chain was broken, but not at the clasp. Therewas also a large clump of hair on the chain. From my review of the crime scene photos, I observedthat, while the strap was still around Birchmore’s neck, the necklace was broken and hanging fromthe left side of her neck. The necklace’s charm was on the right side of her abdomen."

View attachment 527534

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the link.
I know SB wasn't a child but "that poor poor child" keeps running through mind reading this.
Witness 7 was her therapist and it appears it had been long term so are we told anywhere that this therapist knew the backstory of SB being groomed since she was 12 and raped for the first time at 15 and as a mandatory reporter did not report it?
I just can't believe that SB was subjected to emotional, physical and sexual abuse by this mentally deranged evil man for years while so many people knew about it and didn't do squat.

That LE didn't run with this, like straight to Farwell?
Unbelievable.

Page 31

Finally, family members found a necklace that belonged to Birchmore lying on thefloor of her bedroom. This necklace consisted of a thin gold chain with a pink flamingo charm.

"The family members observed that the necklace’s chain was broken, but not at the clasp. Therewas also a large clump of hair on the chain. From my review of the crime scene photos, I observedthat, while the strap was still around Birchmore’s neck, the necklace was broken and hanging fromthe left side of her neck. The necklace’s charm was on the right side of her abdomen."

So, who moved the necklace? And why?

So, who moved the necklace? And why?
First thing that comes to mind is it was ripped off her neck along with her hair that was covering her neck.
The necklace sure should have made her apt. crime scene even not knowing the timeline of when her family found the necklace.

Does anyone know what's going on with the medical examiner that said it was a suicide?
Or Farwell's brother, the other officer or the recruiting officer?
The FBI did say it was an ongoing investigation.
Besides the criminal federal charges I can see a huge civil case being filed and rightly so.
Oh, and state charges, the FBI investigation documents are now back with the state LE,

I wish they would have named the initial ME, who listed MOD as suicide. Boy did they get that wrong ! ( IMO )

ETA: IIRC, the family had hired Dr Michael Baden this year to conduct another ME exam, and he also disputed the initial ME's claims.

OP waterslyd's Sept.24,2022 #1 post

There's so much info in here about all the officers involved.
Names, positions etc.and what their involvement was with SB.

So Robert Devine had already been "demoted" and not kicked to the curb and criminally charged like he should have been.
Curious how he "abused his power" in one of the investigations?

Sept.22, 2022
"Robert Devine was a deputy police chief in Stoughton before he was demoted to patrol officer for "abusing his power." He was also part of an after-school program at Stoughton Middle School. "The investigation determined that Devine had inappropriate contact with a female student in that program," McNamara said. '

Birchmore’s case is among at least 194 allegations that law enforcement personnel, mostly policemen, have groomed, sexually abused or engaged in inappropriate behavior with Explorers since 1974, an ongoing investigation by The Marshall Project has found. The vast majority of those affected were teenage girls — some as young as 13.

I wish they would have named the initial ME, who listed MOD as suicide. Boy did they get that wrong ! ( IMO )

ETA: IIRC, the family had hired Dr Michael Baden this year to conduct another ME exam, and he also disputed the initial ME's claims.
Where was AB's body?
Sounds like she may have been exhumed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc