MA - Sandra Birchmore, Stoughton, 4 Feb 2021 *former police officer arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone here know exactly WHEN and WHY the FBI started their investigation into this case? Were they invited in?

It still is baffling to me. It feels like deja-vu .
Corrupt and inept local LE. MA-SP " assisting" in the investigation. And a County DA who has blinders on.

This deranged predator continually raped and ultimately murdered SB and her child, and yet he (and others) remained free to walk among us? Until yesterday?

What in the Sam Hell is going on in MA ?
Yes shotgun^^^!….. one has to ask.

And IIUC two additional questions IMO are (and not directed at you):

1) why are there no state of MA charges in this matter for this ‘detective’ and others apparently involved with this; and when are those charges coming? And;

2) who in Stoughton police department apparently tipped Farwell to the information SB supposedly relayed to the department?

IMO those charges are still needed……. and the latter individual surely needs investigation as well. Hard not to believe that providing that information to the ‘detective’ didn’t in part lead to this sad outcome.

As to your latter question asked…….. I don’t know. But I think I have crossed this state off of my ‘bucket list’. If in the area I think am driving around it. Absolutely shocked at the depravity in this case. And this on the heels of following another high profile MA case. This poor dear child SB. :( SMH. MOO

This is from last night, but I don't think it has been posted yet.

It's clear that the Canton PD, Stoughton PD, Massachusetts State Police and Norfolk County DA's office all dropped the ball here. But no one has more questions to answer than the medical examiner who ruled SB's death a suicide.

Michael Morrissey's term is up in 2026. Assuming he doesn't resign soon in disgrace, as he should, over how this and other cases were handled by the state police and Norfolk County DA's office, he'll finally be primaried. I don't see him surviving this insanity.

I'm stymied as to how state police couldn't find the material the FBI cites in their Motion for Detention. And anyone who saw that video of a hooded, masked up Farwell leaving Sandra's apartment shortly after her phone stopped moving and heard what her friends had to say about the relationship knew what happened to her. How did they just turn a blind eye to a cold blooded killer with a badge and a gun?

Related to this, why didn't the Keystone Canton cops learn how to process a crime scene? This happened in 2021.
I'm just blown away on how from the bottom up to the top down in the Canon police dept.and state police there was no one who said,"Whoa Nelly" on SB being declared a suicide victim.

ESPECIALLY after the Sept.2022 investigation was concluded and the presser was held.

This is from last night, but I don't think it has been posted yet.

It's clear that the Canton PD, Stoughton PD, Massachusetts State Police and Norfolk County DA's office all dropped the ball here. But no one has more questions to answer than the medical examiner who ruled SB's death a suicide.

Medical examiners are not criminal investigators and some are heavily influenced by the information investigators provide to them.

And dropping a ball is usually accidental. I doubt there were any accidents here. There is a video of Farwell in a hood and a mask leaving Sandra's apartment 5 - 10 minutes after her health app has her phone stop moving and after she never texts her friends again.

This wasn't a complicated case.

Last edited:
Medical examiners are not criminal investigators and some are heavily influenced by the information investigators provide to them.
Yeah, that's kind of what I mean about having questions to answer.

I'm very interested in knowing who discussed this case with the ME, what exactly they were told, and how that may have influenced the autopsy results. Presumably the ME would know that a fractured hyoid bone is more indicative of murder by strangulation rather than suicide but they apparently discounted it in their report. And also, why wasn't the fetal tissue DNA tested?

I'm very interested in knowing who discussed this case with the ME, what exactly they were told, and how that may have influenced the autopsy results. Presumably the ME would know that a fractured hyoid bone is more indicative of murder by strangulation rather than suicide but they apparently discounted it in their report. And also, why wasn't the fetal tissue DNA tested?

All very good questions.

I'd also like to know how the State Police didn't get/didn't properly interpret/or disregarded 32,000 texts from Farwell to Birchmore, some of which are the most horrific things I've ever read. Because apparently deleted texts can be obtained via Cellebrite.

All very good questions.

I'd also like to know how the State Police didn't get/didn't properly interpret/or disregarded 32,000 texts from Farwell to Birchmore, some of which are the most horrific things I've ever read. Because apparently deleted texts can be obtained via Cellebrite.

Exactly !!
Didn't anyone in the MA SP know, that if they saw 'delete these' conversations, they might be considered suspect? Let alone to looking all the way back to the origination of the relationship. What were these guys doing???? They had her phone, and I believe they had his also.

It screams ineptness, and corruption and cover-up to me !!
Who was in charge of the investigation, prior to the FBI coming in? Tully or Bukhenic ??? Weren't they the big dogs at MSP during that time? Just guessing here.

After her own shabby internal investigation Police Chief Donna McNamara is banging her own drum for the indictment of Matthew Farwell. Here is the result of her investigation back in 2022.
Snipped
On Friday, the Norfolk County District Attorney's office told WBZ-TV, without victim testimony "the investigation to date has not developed a prosecutable statutory rape case against any individual."
'Lies, deceit, and treachery,' Investigation finds 3 former Stoughton police officers had inappropriate relationship with young woman

And now Police Chief Donna McNamara is patting herself on her own back for the recent developments to include the arrest of Matthew Farwell. What a joke.
Snipped
“The day after Sandra Birchmore was found dead in her Canton apartment, I ordered a lengthy and aggressive internal affairs investigation, the instructions of which made it clear that no stone should be left unturned,” McNamara added. “The Stoughton Police Department has supported other agencies and worked with other agencies, including the FBI investigation that today resulted in a murder indictment that concluded that Sandra was killed.”
McNamara noted that she made it her “life’s work” since Birchmore died to ensure justice was served.

1) why are there no state of MA charges in this matter for this ‘detective’ and others apparently involved with this; and when are those charges coming? And;

2) who in Stoughton police department apparently tipped Farwell to the information SB supposedly relayed to the department?

IMO those charges are still needed……. and the latter individual surely needs investigation as well. Hard not to believe that providing that information to the ‘detective’ didn’t in part lead to this sad outcome.

As to your latter question asked…….. I don’t know. But I think I have crossed this state off of my ‘bucket list’. If in the area I think am driving around it. Absolutely shocked at the depravity in this case. And this on the heels of following another high profile MA case. This poor dear child SB. :( SMH. MOO
IIRC: It was said that a "friend" of SB's called it in to the police.
I want to know about this therapist of SBs.
In the document it says that "person 7" was SB's "long term therapist", page 20 @ line 52
Since SB had this therapist for quite awhile and IMO: I don't see SB as holding back about her relationship with MF (perfect initials for him).
I would think a therapist would be a great comfort for her to confide in.
She was still seeing this therapist while pregnant and had an appointment scheduled for soon after she was killed.
Page 20 states that Person 7 said that SB told them that MF "shoved her".
Thai's it from her long term therapist?

Therapists are mandated reporters so SB having been groomed from age 12 and raped at age 15 would fall under the mandate laws.
IMO:
I can't see SB not pouring her heart out and telling her therapist about her years with MF.

After her own shabby internal investigation Police Chief Donna McNamara is banging her own drum for the indictment of Matthew Farwell. Here is the result of her investigation back in 2022.
Snipped
On Friday, the Norfolk County District Attorney's office told WBZ-TV, without victim testimony "the investigation to date has not developed a prosecutable statutory rape case against any individual."
'Lies, deceit, and treachery,' Investigation finds 3 former Stoughton police officers had inappropriate relationship with young woman

And now Police Chief Donna McNamara is patting herself on her own back for the recent developments to include the arrest of Matthew Farwell. What a joke.
Snipped
“The day after Sandra Birchmore was found dead in her Canton apartment, I ordered a lengthy and aggressive internal affairs investigation, the instructions of which made it clear that no stone should be left unturned,” McNamara added. “The Stoughton Police Department has supported other agencies and worked with other agencies, including the FBI investigation that today resulted in a murder indictment that concluded that Sandra was killed.”
McNamara noted that she made it her “life’s work” since Birchmore died to ensure justice was served.
Same, when the letter was first published, I thought, ummm.

Check this out from today.
A real good one on the FBI's "Motion for Detention".
I just posted that link,

LIVE! More Shocking Details About Sandra Birchmore - Why Did This Take So Long?​

Last edited:

We discussed the fetal tissue part up thread (well before this news emerged). According to news articles coming out in June of this year, State police asked him to give a sample to be compared to the fetal tissue back in 2021 and he declined. Independent forensic pathologist questions whether DNA, other testing was done in Sandra Birchmore case - The Boston Globe

With the ME ruling that the death was a suicide, I doubt they had the legal standing at that particular time to require him to give a sample. However, it's different now.

I don't think this has been reported previously. The commonwealth's medical examiner was Capo Martinez. She was the one who made the determination that SB died by suicide.

I believe her full name would be Maria Del Capo Martinez.
Thanks for that info.on the ME.
This is from 2019 Massachusetts listing the doctors and number of autopsies, exams etc. performed.
Martinez is there.

2015.... SCREAM!

Stoughton Deputy Police Chief Robert Devine, left, and Tiffany Overstreet.

STOUGHTON – The duties for Stoughton Deputy Police Chief Robert Devine have been altered after an extramarital affair resulted in graphic photos of him and his alleged mistress being sent to police, the arrest of an Easton woman, and an ongoing state police investigation, court records show.

Stoughton Chief Paul Shastany said Tuesday that “modifications” have been made regarding the role of the 42-year-old Devine, who told state police he had a months-long affair with Tiffany Overstreet, 30, of Easton, that went sour, according to court records. Devine is second in command in Stoughton and acting chief when Shastany is away.

Overstreet was arrested Dec. 18 by state police and charged with three counts of violating harassment prevention orders taken out against her by Devine and his wife in October. Overstreet was arraigned in Stoughton District Court and released on personal recognizance. The case has been transferred to Dedham District Court.
'

cont

2015.... SCREAM!

Stoughton Deputy Police Chief Robert Devine, left, and Tiffany Overstreet.

STOUGHTON – The duties for Stoughton Deputy Police Chief Robert Devine have been altered after an extramarital affair resulted in graphic photos of him and his alleged mistress being sent to police, the arrest of an Easton woman, and an ongoing state police investigation, court records show.

Stoughton Chief Paul Shastany said Tuesday that “modifications” have been made regarding the role of the 42-year-old Devine, who told state police he had a months-long affair with Tiffany Overstreet, 30, of Easton, that went sour, according to court records. Devine is second in command in Stoughton and acting chief when Shastany is away.

Overstreet was arrested Dec. 18 by state police and charged with three counts of violating harassment prevention orders taken out against her by Devine and his wife in October. Overstreet was arraigned in Stoughton District Court and released on personal recognizance. The case has been transferred to Dedham District Court.
'

cont
Wonder who took the pictures, might of been the mistress herself. Bad guy all around of course.

All very good questions.

I'd also like to know how the State Police didn't get/didn't properly interpret/or disregarded 32,000 texts from Farwell to Birchmore, some of which are the most horrific things I've ever read. Because apparently deleted texts can be obtained via Celebrite.
Where did you read the texts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75
Back