GUILTY MA - Two women & two kids stabbed to death, Winchester, 14 June 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AND.............the saga continues with another defense attempt to semi-delay this process! Back when Esquire Regan got involved with this case, she declared that "mental health" issues were a paramount piece of this "puzzle" and NOW she's attempting to block the prosecution from getting Tommy the fourth's Bridgewater State HOSPITAL for the criminally insane psych. eval.
Smart & careful judge here, going to "think" about the issues & rule at a later date.
Speaking of dates, trial date is SET for 10/2/2012! :rocker:

http://winchester.patch.com/article...of-accused-winchester-murderer-trial-date-set

My take: Honorable Joseph Walker will grant limited access (beyond the declaration that TM IV is sane for trial) SINCE Ms Denise Regan, J.D. decided to make her proclamation in court during an earlier hearing (ah yes, "getting it on the record").

More delays. His attorney tried to have the courtroom cleared and the information in the hearing impounded, than withdrew the motion less than a week later.

Delays upon delays. The judge will finally rule this Wednesday on the motion to suppress evidence seized by police in the initial search of the house. She has indicated she favors the prosecution's argument.

http://winchester.patch.com/articles/mortimer-attorney-withdraws-impound-motion

Okay, now I'm really confused! According to this article, dated February 17, 2012,

http://www.wickedlocal.com/winchest...ress-evidence-in-Mortimer-trial#axzz1odeID7dS,

Judge Leila Kern already denied the defense request to exclude the confessions and other evidence found at the home by first responders. She filed this order last November.

Judge Kern retired on February 16th, so Judge Walker is now presiding over the case.

:seeya: Hi Joe! Esquire Regan TRIED or wanted to try to deny the public (read: especially fourth estate!) the right to be present when she disclosed certain info about TM the IV. IMHO, she was trying to bolster her attempt to display that good ole TMIV had "snapped" without going the declared "insanity defense" in toto which requires notification to the State and release of mental health records (AND usually all medical records!). She "removed" her motion to keep the courtroom closed 'cause the newspapers et al ('specially the Winchester Star & parent corporation) were heading to the FOI route, legal standing of the public, State regulations & guidelines et al and then release of info would FLOW!:rocker:

Information (ie evidence) gathered at or near the time of the primary notification to emergency responders is IN! :rocker: The house was an active emergency response scene FIRST (and then a "crime scene") 'cause Tommy boy was missing and may have been injured or WHATEVER by an unknown assailant. Warrants to search WERE obtained with lightening speed but the principle of "in sight" material allowed for some items to be collected prior to the warrant execution.

There were observable (nope, not going to elaborate :blushing:) "clues" present (will be presented in the courtroom!) that Tommy took off to parts unknown and the concept of "unknown assailant" crashed & burned wicked early in the case/evaluation/investigation!

Finally, a trial date!

http://homenewshere.com/daily_times...cle_64638ff0-6a0b-11e1-8a9e-0019bb2963f4.html

WOBURN - A trial date has been set for Thomas Mortimer, IV, accused of murdering his two children, wife and mother-in-law in their Windsong Lane home in June of 2010. That date is scheduled for Oct. 2, 2012, according to the Middlesex District Attorney’s office.

A final pre-trial hearing is set for Sept. 14, 2012.

:seeya:Just a quick up-date: http://winchester.patch.com/article...not-use-ira-account?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001

Seems like good ole Thomas will NOT be able to "protect" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:his retirement fund! Oh but why should he worry, he's PROBABLY :please:going to "retire" to Walpole or Bridgewater. :jail:

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061145536

BTW: Here's a point Fla. might want to visit a la "Casey Anthony":
"The SJC rejected those arguments, finding that the disposable net monthly income of the person’s spouse or significant other and the person’s parents can be considered if they live at the same residence and contribute substantially toward household expenses"......And we heard via the matriach that the :jail:convicted felon:jail: made household "contributions"

GUILTY PLEA!

Mortimer pleads guilty and faces life without parole.

Finally, justice.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061165039&=breaking

Just back from the court....4 life sentences! NO PAROLE possibilities!

Had been notified that the plea was offered and that testimony was NOT going to be needed......BUT nothing was set in stone until Judge Haggerty accepted his statement.

Very thankful that testimony will not be required! and for the record, the entrance of the WFD was as a "well-person" check, NOT as an investigation of a crime role/crime scene!....The defense had planned to "hang their hats" on evidence seized without a warrant.....ummmm, when one finds bodies that are decomposing actively and evidence of a "suicide set-up" aka the garaged vehicle & attached hoses, biological fluids with partially digested materials & ETOH, bloody FRYING PAN, ALL visible to the "naked eye" in plain sight....no warrant is necessary!
the local paper has a "wicked" well written story: http://www.wickedlocal.com/winchest...ives-four-life-sentences?zc_p=2#axzz28GsThbx9

Well good. But now more of my taxes will pay for him to live a good life and get a college education for nothing.Worse of all HE ges to live.:jail:

Oh wait, I think he already is college educated? Ok so now he will become a jailhouse lawyer for free. So very wrong. Oh wait again, maybe he will want a sex change operation and the tax payers will pay for that too as is the case right now with another Massachusetts inmate?
Why should my hard earned money have to pay for all this crap!

There's a point in the video where the commentator indicates that it was an emotional day (paraphrased by me) and he was so right! Emotional for just about everybody EXCEPT Thomas the IV who, IMVHO, seemed a bit "put out" that he even had to attend the session! Hardened investigators were re-living the experience and it showed on their faces.....TM,IV not so much, voices cracked as the FACTS were read into the court proceedings....TM,IV almost disdain that this recitation was occurring but the devastation of family & friends that Deborah vocalized was palpable and tho years ago, still fresh and TM,IV at least had the "grace" to lower his head. While his parents did have time to let this outcome "sink-in" prior to entering the court, they appeared almost catatonic during most of the process, movements were wooden & stiff and they FLED ASAP. (yeah, traffic on 128, the Pike & 84 was going to be an issue)...SARCASM on my part!
Members of the public safety service of this town were not excited to be ready to relive that day in court, holding those memories are/were difficult even tho they are/were professionals (remember, this is a quiet "bedroom" community ~8 miles north of Boston)!

Wow. Just catching up on this one. Sounds like he hit her with a frying pan first and then stabbed her to death...just so sad on so many levels. RIP family and ROT in jail TM IV

Wow. Just catching up on this one. Sounds like he hit her with a frying pan first and then stabbed her to death...just so sad on so many levels. RIP family and ROT in jail TM IV

:furious: You got it! and that's exactly what the first responders noticed as a critical "clue"....along with the condition of the vehicle in the garage and the vomitus present (all details that couldn't be made public until the case was adjudicated!)....and details that NOBODY wanted to relive, including and "mostly" the positions & horrific brutality of the victims within the home.:furious: Most of these first responders had never been in such a crime scene, THANK GOD!, but there was amazing strength in a united front of persons seeking the same goal, finding the perp :jail: who butchered this family and absolutely no sense of "ego", they wanted ANY & ALL professional input from ANY available sources to achieve that goal!
I'm wicked proud of the folks of my home town (albeit from M A N Y years ago!) and also wicked biased regarding my "pals" on the WFD/WPD!:rocker::rocker:

Now that there is going to be no trial, hoping you can fill in the missing details for us Joypath!

So what is the story with the vomit? Did he throw up after realizing what he did? It doesn't really matter now, but surprised he was charged with 1st degree for killing his wife-if he picked up a frying pan and hit his wife out of a rage from a fight over the check, one would think that is 2nd degree murder and not premeditated. The others I could see 1st degree since he likely killed them as a result of the initial killing. Too bad the grandmother couldn't escape...I'm sure her shock at coming down the stairs and seeing the scene prevented a quicker exit. The grandmother and son must have come downstairs upon hearing the ruckus only to be murdered themselves...the boy at his young age would not have know to run outside upon seeing his grandmother attacked... Any other details you can divulge now that it's over?
-
and no way will that house ever sell...imagine living there knowing what happened...(although I'm not seeing it listed anymore)..maybe it sold cheap?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back