MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your local insight, as I'm sure many others do, but just a small correction. The lot by the state park lot is frequently full on weekends and people do hike from the lodge. I prefer the state park entrance hikes myself but have done the lodge hikes. The bathrooms are definitely open to the public on weekends.

I didn't say you couldn't ever do hikes from the lodge, just that it's less common then starting from the state park. As I'm sure you know there are plenty of other trail head starting points along mountain road and a few other spots as well. Like I said it's just more common to hike from the state lot rather then the lodge. Regardless it's still referred to as the mountain no matter what your going there for or what part your starting from.

Make sense. I thought it was weird when they said it was reported in the police log, because I hadn't seen anything about it in the landmark police log for Princeton.

If I was in charge of the investigation I would make sure that a medical examiner took a close look at the mans arm scrapes and cuts etc
that the man claimed he got when his, quote; "motorcycle was "laid down" on Worcester Road" Sunday at 1:43 p.m. and the incident was, quote;
"classified as a minor crash" .
I mean theoretically, the man in question could be the killer and have gotten his wounds on his arms in battle with Vanessa and then "laid down" his motorcycle on purpose to obtain additional scrapes and cuts on top of the once he got from Vanessa's fight and thereby get himself an alibi for his injuries.

The whole story sound hinky to me and on top of that this "minor crash" happened exactly in the timeframe of the murder AND in the general are of the murder,
all together this seems like an unlikely coincidence.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/08/police_logs_show_there_was_a_m.html

I
If I was in charge of the investigation I would make sure that a medical examiner took a close look at the mans arm scrapes and cuts etc
that the man claimed he got when his, quote; "motorcycle was "laid down" on Worcester Road" Sunday at 1:43 p.m. and the incident was, quote;
I mean theoretically, the man in question could be the killer and have gotten his wounds on his arms in battle with Vanessa and then "laid down" his motorcycle on purpose to obtain additional scrapes and cuts on top of the once he got from Vanessa's fight and thereby get himself an alibi for his injuries.

The whole story sound hinky to me and on top of that this "minor crash" happened exactly in the timeframe of the murder AND in the general are of the murder,

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/08/police_logs_show_there_was_a_m.html

The only thing is I'm assuming the cop actually responded to the accident and saw the bike, as well as the mans arms. I'd think a cop would know what road rash looked like versus fingernail scrapes. But who knows.

Also when I was talking about it with my mom she mentioned when she heard the interview with The DA he said they speculated the guy likely has an eye injury as well.

No worries :) I totally get how tempting SM can be! We just have to tread carefully (for now) & remember that WS rules are there for a reason. I can't even count how many times I've been uber suspicious of someone from looking through SM posts and that person turned out to be completely innocent.

It's such a true statement. This is why, IMHO WS will always surpass FB and other SM sites. Too many rumors become fact way too quickly and it's a lot of wasted hours and rabbit holes to explore only to come up empty handed. We thank you for keeping this forum straight. That said, I love hearing from the locals in the area and appreciate your birds eye view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that it appears the couple seeking clean up were addressed and showed they did have a motorcycle accident, any other info. related to the 28 y/o young man going the wrong way on the Mass turnpike? They got a lot of tips, so I hope we get a presser or update on VM's very sad demise. It's likely the DNA indicated it was a male perp. unless they are still waiting on the DNA, but the rape kit indicated she was involved in a SA before being burned.

Now that it appears the couple seeking clean up were addressed and showed they did have a motorcycle accident, any other info. related to the 28 y/o young man going the wrong way on the Mass turnpike? They got a lot of tips, so I hope we get a presser or update on VM's very sad demise. It's likely the DNA indicated it was a male perp. unless they are still waiting on the DNA, but the rape kit indicated she was involved in a SA before being burned.

Can you link the info regarding the rape kit, I did not see anything confirming that yet

Can you link the info regarding the rape kit, I did not see anything confirming that yet

No, I was speculating that there would be 2 ways to determine it was a male. #1- DNA #2- rape kit.
Findings from a rape kit may come back or indicate an assault took place more quickly than DNA testing. We DO NOT have confirmation as I am posting. It just seemed like a quick determination it was a male perp.

But it states in the title it is unrelated???

Police say man with cuts at Wachusett Mountain was in motorcycle crash; 'unrelated' to Vanessa Marcotte killing

jmo :moo:

I'm finding the local coverage of this case to be incredibly disappointing. Some real piss poor reporting from the T&G etc. This should be their beat but they clearly either don't care or don't have the resources. Maybe that's harsh, I don't know. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

This case is my first experience with these forums. Do the police stay on top of them? I noticed there are often 30+ guests browsing this thread. The more serious question I guess is...would the killer browse the thread?
*shudders*

But it states in the title it is unrelated???

Police say man with cuts at Wachusett Mountain was in motorcycle crash; 'unrelated' to Vanessa Marcotte killing

jmo :moo:

That was confirmation in my strained eyes, GeeEm.

If the motorcycle accident happened at 1:45 pm, the cops wouldn't yet have been looking for Vanessa.

Her mom didn't report her missing until 4:30, right? And her body wasn't found until later that night.

No, I was speculating that there would be 2 ways to determine it was a male. #1- DNA #2- rape kit.
Findings from a rape kit may come back or indicate an assault took place more quickly than DNA testing. We DO NOT have confirmation as I am posting. It just seemed like a quick determination it was a male perp.

ETA
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/processing-rape-evidence.html
A rape kit can confirm an assault took place in 1/2 hour instead of waiting 24 hours for DNA testing.

If the motorcycle accident happened at 1:45 pm, the cops wouldn't yet have been looking for Vanessa.

Her mom didn't report her missing until 4:30, right? And her body wasn't found until later that night.

I don't know all the exact time-lines of events especially around when she was first reported missing, but IIRC- the time line of 1-3pm is the time of assault/murder. At first LE stated 1-4 but in yesterday's presser 1-3 was offered to the public.

so were the results of the rape kit in this case released ? Any new info at all ? tia

No, rape kit was mentioned and was going to be used BUT no results were shared. Again, they announced yesterday it's a male perp who would have cuts and bruises. I was just speculating that maybe the rape kit was positive, clearly indicating a male perp.

I'm finding the local coverage of this case to be incredibly disappointing. Some real piss poor reporting from the T&G etc. This should be their beat but they clearly either don't care or don't have the resources. Maybe that's harsh, I don't know. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

This case is my first experience with these forums. Do the police stay on top of them? I noticed there are often 30+ guests browsing this thread. The more serious question I guess is...would the killer browse the thread?
*shudders*

I don't think the T&G so much is failing, as Early is just keeping info pretty close to the vest. I have friends who are ADA's in Worcester as well as people I grew up with who are Wachusett area town cops, a few friends with state trooper parents out of Holden as well....but as well as I know them i still wouldn't ask any of them if they knew things about the case because I feel like that would be disrespectful to their professionalism....my guess is LE is just keeping info close and local reporters out of respect for them and the case are letting them do so.

ETA
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/processing-rape-evidence.html
A rape kit can confirm an assault took place in 1/2 hour instead of waiting 24 hours for DNA testing.

Yes but can it confirm what the person was assaulted with? By that I mean if they were "rapped" with an object rather then a penis, they could see bruising and tearing to confirm assault, but would they have info in a rape kit to confirm male?

This case reminds me a little of the Stéphanie Scott murder in Australia and I think the murderer may have a lot in common with with murderer in that case. I think that he is probably local and socially awkward. I think he has probably had disturbing fantasies for some time and so, to some extent, has planned his crime in as far as imaginings and hypothetical evasion strategies. This could be a first offense but I would be surprised if he has had a trouble-free existence until now.

<modsnip>

This case reminds me a little of the Stéphanie Scott murder in Australia and I think the murderer may have a lot in common with with murderer in that case. I think that he is probably local and socially awkward. I think he has probably had disturbing fantasies for some time and so, to some extent, has planned his crime in as far as iminagings and hypothetical evasion strategies. This could be a first offense but I would be surprised if he has had a trouble-free existence until now.

<modsnip>

Yes, I think you're on the right track with the perp. That is along the lines of what I have been formulating as a profile as well. We don't have much to go on, but the burning does stand out to me as unusual and is a clue to how the perp thinks.

<modsnip>Glad to have you here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member