MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the victim was perfect for him.
Some say that the stalking kind of serial killer choose their victims very carefully, in a similar way normal people "choose" their one and only love,
that they know when the person is the perfect victim because they in their own sick murderous way kind of "fall in love" with the victim.

So what connects this one perp to both victims?

As of Aug 9/10 Police (and an FBI Profiler) continued to say they do not believe the 2 murders were committed by the same person. SOURCE

They believe each guy was attached to a certain area and not specifically to 'who' the victim was. It could have been any young female who happened by but it so happened to be these 2 women at those opportunistic times.
This seems most likely to me too. I don't think there was any real targeting. At the very most, maybe seeing them one day and returning in hopes to see the same jogger.

I don't think there's actually a connection, but if there was I'd imagine this guy having different circles of friends and knowing these women through different mutual friends. Maybe meeting each only once or twice and not really knowing them.

I have the feeling that they'll catch this person, and soon.

Tempura you had said the wetsuit picture was from a beach near Howard Beach...but how do you KNOW that?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Two women who did not know each other happened to be murdered nearly 200 miles apart, on different days, while out jogging in semi-remote areas, alone, with no one else jogging near them. It's a recipe for opportunistic pervs and sadly there are a lot of rapey pervs out there in the world. It certainly isn't the same perv committing all the jogger attacks/rapes that occur in just one year on the eastern seaboard.

I believe these crimes will be solved, solved by the very people who are devoted to such things -- NY's and Mass's finest, the homicide detectives.

Could you have heard wrong, do you think? I'm surprised there are no updates anywhere.

Nope. They said it a couple times. They said they had collected DNA of someone they thought was involved but it turned up to be negative....or something like that....I forget exactly how she phrased it.

Ok but still how does he move btw Queens and Princeton? Why pick two people so far apart?

Fetish, desirable victim.
If the two cases are indeed related I suggest we take a look at Ted Bundy's psychology he chose victims at parks in Seattle. Then he went on a road trip to Colorado then Florida.
It's much easier now to stalk potential victims via social media now.
The drive between Queens and Princeton isn't very far if they own a vehicle. Which I believe if related he does.

This seems most likely to me too. I don't think there was any real targeting. At the very most, maybe seeing them one day and returning in hopes to see the same jogger.

Too many coincidences for me not to think they are connected until this guy is caught.. So many times LE has been wrong in the beginning. Here is the current running list of coincidences, feel free to add yours if I missed any or if I got one wrong. Based off current info at the time.

1.) Age range
2.) Hair color
3.) Beauty
4.) Joggers
5.) Both fit
6.) Italian
7.) Body type
8.) Attacked at same time of day
9.) Possibly both strangled and strong armed, same MO
10.) Placed within 1/2 a mile of each other in NYC
11.) Possibly height?
12.) Possible same running app

I really only know the MA/NH area closely. But I do know that the photo from VMs Instagram of her in a wetsuit was taken close to Howard Beach where Karina was from.

Yes, that is interesting. jmo Was in taken in Rockaway ? I have friends who surf there and live there. it can be sketchy . jmo

It's not entirely impossible for a killer to move between these two locations, there's been serial killers that were truckers, and without repeating what everyone has already stated at this point and IMO the cases aren't related.

I would hope that LE would've notified the public after comparing DNA from the two crime scenes and made the public aware if there was a match. Just saying just saying

They don't always warn the public. Residents in Seattle weren't told the truth about The Green River Killer case.

Yes, that is interesting. jmo Was in taken in Rockaway ? I have friends who surf there and live there. it can be sketchy . jmo
Yes it was. Who knows how often she was there, but it could only take one trip to meet someone there from Queens who also knew Karina. Very easy to stalk someone now with social media without even getting to know them.

Let's compare the coincidences... Beautiful, female, dark hair, similar age, jogger, same time of day, both strangled?, both thin, semi close in proximity, can someone confirm each girls height?

That's around 10 coincidences and possibly more.. maybe y'all can name a few more? Seems like an awful lot of coincidences.

Both worked and jogged in NYC.

Let's compare the coincidences... Beautiful, female, dark hair, similar age, jogger, same time of day, both strangled?, both thin, semi close in proximity, can someone confirm each girls height?

That's around 10 coincidences and possibly more.. maybe y'all can name a few more? Seems like an awful lot of coincidences.

LE has stated whoever they took a DNA sample from is familiar with the area. IMO, that means a local. These cases are not connected. IMO.

I'd venture to say that just about any woman age 30 and under uses social media to a great extent. So the coincidence that both used SM a lot is akin to saying, "they both breathed oxygen!"

Both being Italian is another red herring. Huge Italian populations in NY and areas surrounding.

Both were women. Well, yeah.

Both had long hair worn in a ponytail when running. Another common thing among young women, especially those 30 and under.

Both had dark hair. This too is very common with the population of NY and areas.

Both were fit. Of course they were -- young, active female runners generally are fit. They're the ones who are most likely to be out running a few to several times a week.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Here is part of a post I posted last night that is my take on that question :

I still believe the killer is a stalker, a psychopathic stalker, and that there IS some kind of connection between Vanessa Marcotte and Karina Vetrano's case.
If it's not the same killer, then I believe that Vanessa's killer is either a Karina Vetrano killer copycat, or that the two killers are some kind of really sick
game-team-killers who planed to commit to similar murders.

I know this thoughts seems far out, so why do I believe this ?

Because IMHO it is statistically not likely that two SUCH brutal murders, two SO similar crimes happen SO few days apart, AND on top of that, both victims have SO many similarities / things in common.

Here is a copy of a Post I posted on the Karina Vetrano thread a couple of days ago:

The two victims KV and VM lived not far apart, KV in Queens and VM in New York City (VM vas just visiting her mother in Princeton, Massachusetts when she was murdered, only 2-3 hours drive from NY city) and we don't know yet where in New York City VM lived, she could, for all we know, have lived close to KV, and/or who knows if they had some social circles in common where the killer might be a part, at least in the periphery?

IF the killer is the same man in both murders, then I believe he is the kind of killer I suspect, a psychopathic sexual predator, whom in high speed is evolving into a serial killer and who sees his killings as a deadly "game", a "project" an "artwork".
And if that is the case I think it is not unlikely that he stalked both woman and eventually followed VM to Princeton, he might have gotten info about her trip to Princeton from her social media (a stalker both in real life and on the internet/social media).

Here is a copy of a post that show how much thise two victims have in common, could that really be a coincident?
Yes of course it can, but it's not very likely IMHO:

Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte have a LOT in common IMO:

Both KV and VM have:
Long brown hair
Brown eyes
athletic bodies
seem to be very petite
Italian names

Both KV and VM are:
Out jogging when murdered
Murdered within same week, Tuesday and Sunday
Murdered in broad daylight, in the afternoon
Murder scene ca 1/2 a mile from their parents homes
Left residential areas to jogg and bodies found in nature area
Both found within a few hours of their disappearance
Both raped, well, KV was gruesomely raped, both vaginal and anal (sorry to be so graphic bur we need to get ALL the facts to be able to possibly get the puzzle together)
(we still don't know for sure concerning VM, but it is indeed very likely that Vanessa was raped, or at least that, that was part of the killers plan )
Live in ca. same area Queens and NY City
Are ca. same age 30 and 27
Stunning beauties.
No boyfriends
Successful young woman
Athletic girls
Cause of death: KV strangulation... VM, still pending, but due to apparently no blood at the crime scene strangulations is a probable
cause of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member