MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. The only connection that I think could be possible is that VMs perp was inspired after hearing of Karina's murder.

Right tho and that would still be a connected copy cat case tho.

I really believe the 2 murders are completely unrelated. If they are, I'll eat my hat but I would be anything that this is a local man, late 20's to 30's, working a blue collar job. He is very familiar with the area. Familiar enough to know about the cart roads. If he didn't grow up in Princeton exactly, he lives close enough that he grew up going to the mountain and 4 wheeling wit
h friends in the woods regularly. He would be categorized as a disorganized offender. He has likely been accused of sexual assault or even rape before. He didn't have enough time or plan enough to dispose of her body in a manner that made her difficult to find. She was only 100 yards in. I would bet that he is of low to average intelligence. Based on the fact that the fire didn't really catch, he didn't take the time or know enough to properly build a fire. He probably used something small like a lighter. Just my 2 cents though, honestly, I don't want to be right. Isn't it more appealing to think there is only 1 bad guy out there they need to catch? :(

I think your profile is unfortunately pretty spot on, at least given the info we have to date. :(

Right tho and that would still be a connected copy cat case tho.

You think? I see it differently. I think it's something he's thought about doing for a long time but just decided to go through with it after hearing about Karina. I think that's the explanation for the timing of it.

Because I googled the Google office where I assume VM worked in NY is .5 miles from the Highline and Chelsea Pier.

Yes I understand that. But how does that put both victims within .5 miles of the highline? It puts Vanessa with .5 miles of it. KV did not work for Google. Vanessa did.

Still not seeing any DNA updates. I'm thinking CBS was incorrect? Seems like it would be big news. The top story of channel 5 news is that DNA is being tested. You'd think they'd update that story as soon as there were any results.

Still not seeing any DNA updates. I'm thinking CBS was incorrect? Seems like it would be big news. The top story of channel 5 news is that DNA is being tested. You'd think they'd update that story as soon as there were any results.

Who knows but this morning the reporter who was in Princeton, said the police thought they had a good lead on a POI but it was a dead end and they are now basically back to square one. Again I don't remember the exact wording but there was no confusing what they said.

Also, it looks like only WCVB Boston (channel 5) had a source inform them of this POI and DNA sample. Every article I've found on this development mentions WCVB reporting it.

Does anybody know how usual it is that DNA found at a sex crime scene matches with the LE database?

It seems to be a bit conspicuous that in both actual cases there is no match with the database (provided they have found viable DNA)

Maybe it's not big news because it wasn't seen as that significant. I remember when they looked at Jesse Matthews DNA to compare it in the Alexis case there was never really a big story confirming it was negative....they just kind of dropped it.

Yes I understand that. But how does that put both victims within .5 miles of the highline? It puts Vanessa with .5 miles of it. KV did not work for Google. Vanessa did.

We've already established that VM's wetsuit photo was taken in the same town (howard beach) that KV is from. That puts them within miles of each each other. Let's wait for the FBI to cross referemce each others geo locations via cell towers and GPS and really wait for the data to come in...

Does anybody know how usual it is that DNA found at a sex crime scene matches with the LE database?

It seems to be a bit conspicuous that in both actual cases there is no match with the database (provided they have found viable DNA)

I don't know, but in VMs case at least, it doesn't surprise me. I feel like the perp has a criminal record but for nothing they'd have his DNA from. Just feel like he's been in trouble with the law before. I do think he probably has a history of violence/rape but he's gotten away with it/it wasn't reported.

Because I googled the Google office where I assume VM worked in NY is .5 miles from the Highline and Chelsea Pier.

My point is knowing the distance between Google office and both Chelsea pier and the Highline only tells us the Vanessa could have frequented this places. It doesn't however put KV within .5 miles of those places or within .5 miles of Vanessa. That information only tells us something about Vanessa and nothing about Karina, or their potential connection to each other.

My point is knowing the distance between Google office and both Chelsea pier and the Highline only tells us the Vanessa could have frequented this places. It doesn't however put KV within .5 miles of those places or within .5 miles of Vanessa. That information only tells us something about Vanessa and nothing about Karina, or their potential connection to each other.

That's great!

Maybe it's not big news because it wasn't seen as that significant. I remember when they looked at Jesse Matthews DNA to compare it in the Alexis case there was never really a big story confirming it was negative....they just kind of dropped it.

From my standpoint, it's huge news that they have a POI. If WCVB still has it up as their main story, they'd want to update that.

We've already established that VM's wetsuit photo was taken in the same town (howard beach) that KV is from. That puts them within miles of each each other. Let's wait for the FBI to cross referemce each others geo locations via cell towers and GPS and really wait for the data to come in...

Not exactly. The photo was at Rockaway Beach, KV was found in Howard Beach. They are not the same neighborhood and are about. 30 minute drive by car away from each other, or across a body of water as the crow flies.
image.jpg

From my standpoint, it's huge news that they have a POI. If WCVB still has it up as their main story, they'd want to update that.

Yes but if that POI proved to not be connected via DNA they wouldn't want to bring attention to the person who they had been fingering.

I agree with you, I want to hear more. I'm just thinking of other reasons it might not have come out as much. When they said it on the news they didn't really make a big deal about it, it was more like "well they thought they had a solid lead and collected DNA but that lead turned out to not go
Anywhere" kind of thing....
Also I dunno
Maybe cause it's the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads