MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The murder took place at Sudbury where he went to school. This will confirm the location

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140628/news/306299851

The kid who killed a student at Sudbury Lincoln is from Sudbury. Which is no where near Princeton.

The other story is about a Princeton kid who stabbed another 20 year old at a house in Worcester, did grow up near Brooks Station Road.

But one person as a convicted murderer on a street over from
Brooks station road, is not exactly the same thing as having lots of convicted murders in the same Princeton neighborhood.

Only one of those cases has anything to do with Princeton. And it's only vaguely in the same neighborhood.

The kid who killed a student at Sudbury Lincoln is from Sudbury. Which is no where near Princeton.

The other story is about a Princeton kid who stabbed another 20 year old at a house in Worcester, did grow up near Brooks Station Road.

But one person as a convicted murderer on a street over from
Brooks station road, is not exactly the same thing as having lots of convicted murders in the same Princeton neighborhood.

Only one of those cases has anything to do with Princeton. And it's only vaguely in the same neighborhood.

Went to school in Sudbury because the Wachusett school district was not suited for his emotional psychological problems.
Lived on Ball Hill Rd princeton.
Which puts them both in the same Neighborhood.

Went to school in Sudbury because the Wachusett school district was not suited for his emotional psychological problems.

Same part of town, yes, not exactly the same neighborhood though.

Still I agree it is kind of creepy.

I've updated a case map here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nIRq-XXrkEXpsON3jsK8fqod0u0&usp=sharing
It now includes cell tower location and ping, Mt Wachusett (location of motorcycle accident victim), location of aerial shot of police vehicles. I've also included links to footage of the crime scene (warning:disturbing images) and the aerial photo.
With regards to that aerial shot I do believe the police set up an exclusion zone after the body was found. It often happens in cases like this to limit access by car and apart from crime scene vehicles other patrol cars will park at the perimeter and walk in. These cars seem to be about 300 yards north of the cart path.

This is really helpful - thanks. Not sure if you want to add, but one of the photos showing police searching the road shows guardrails on either side and a large metal pole in the background. It appears to be near the Ball Hill Rd / Brooks Station intersection. Photo 18 from the slideshow here: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/08/vanessa_marcotte_press_confere.html

I thought I read that the police found evidence 1/2 mile south of where her body was found but now I can't locate that article - that would be heading towards her house/Ball Hill rd intersection.

That is very interesting indeed. I would love to know if the person responsible for the Sunbury incident is out of custody. If so the proximity and disposition of this character makes me a little queasy.

So you just made me think of something, why not check out the Mass Sex Offender website for registered offenders in Princeton. There were no hits in Princeton, but every other town in the area has at least one offender. Maybe Princeton really does not have a registered offender in their town, but is it possible authorities blocked out a possible suspect or suspects so the general public can't look them up?
I really don't think they would do that.

That is very interesting indeed. I would love to know if the person responsible for the Sunbury incident is out of custody. If so the proximity and disposition of this character makes me a little queasy.

The person that did the Sudbury murder has lots of very disturbing interests and a history of Forensics studies.

He was sentenced to life.

Which is now illegal in Massachusetts. (for a juvenile)

Holy crap! I just saw on the news the Odgren is currently out on bail because he's appeing his conviction!!!!

Like literally it just popped up on evening news.

I had started to write that the law apparently states a minimum of 20 yrs but a max of 30 for bail to be considered......and as I was writing it that news story came up on TV!

Which is now illegal in Massachusetts. (for a juvenile)
From what I can gather, the law disallows "life without parole" but these juvenile offenders will still serve "life".
These rulings don’t guarantee lower sentences or parole for juvenile offenders. For first degree murder, it can take 20 to 30 years for anyone to see the parole board, Dohan said, while it could take 15 to 25 years for second degree murder.
http://www.wbur.org/news/2015/06/15/massachusetts-law-juvenile-murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member