MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering:
I know we can't discuss the identity of SockBoy so a Yes or No will suffice: Do the locals know or suspect SockBoy's identity?

The whole burning thing- it seems strange to me that the murderer would attempt to burn her body to inhibit recognition so I guess it was to try and destroy DNA. But I'm really wondering if he set her body on fire hoping or thinking that she'd be completely burned down to very little, or close to it - and left the area in a hurry after starting the blaze with the intent of coming back at a later date to hide/destroy her remains more thoroughly once some time had passed. If so, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a local- he could live elsewhere which would allow him to put a lot of physical distance between the site and himself. He could drive back to the area when he felt enough time had passed to finish whatever hiding he'd planned to do. (I'm just thinking out loud here).
Anything is possible. We don't have enough information to know if that fire was put out, burned out of its own accord or the perp burned those parts of her body only. There are only a select few that have that information and it is very telling as to what the intent was. The killer may not be from the area but probably was familiar enough to get in and out unseen and in a relatively short amount of time.

No idea what sock boy drives but I now wonder if he was tested because he is a level 0...
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/sea...ller-turns-to-sex-offender-registry/424316895

Knowing this guy has been speaking with authorities since the day after Vanessa was killed and that he provided a DNA sample on 8/13, one would think he would have been arrested already if he was the one who conducted this heinous crime. How long does it take for a DNA sample to be tested?

http://www.necn.com/on-air/as-seen-on/NECN_081616_carolinemarcotte_5pm_NECN-390360541.html

Knowing this guy has been speaking with authorities since the day after Vanessa was killed and that he provided a DNA sample on 8/13, one would think he would have been arrested already if he was the one who conducted this heinous crime. How long does it take for a DNA sample to be tested?

http://www.necn.com/on-air/as-seen-on/NECN_081616_carolinemarcotte_5pm_NECN-390360541.html

1-3 days is the norm in a rush case, from what I understand. This particular interview says it was tested on Saturday. Results should have been in by now.

Not to make light of the situation but the whole sockboy connotation is funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey sorry could you explain your statement for me? I know sock boy but what do you mean Level 0? do you mean you think he was tested because he is a sex offender?
It would be a possibility. That's what that video is about. The tv personality states that he somehow looked up sex offenders in a database and found [Quote:]

Part of the investigation includes taking a hard look at registered sex offenders living in the area.
The Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry shows two Level 2 sex offenders living in Princeton.
But when FOX25 widened the search to the cities and towns immediately surrounding Princeton, we found 414 registered sex offenders.
"It's disturbing. It really is distrubing," former Mass. State Trooper Todd McGhee said. he now heads up a security firm. "It's really frustrating to see this many people right here in Massachusetts, specifically in that area. We are not talking across the entire state of Massachusetts, just within that region. That's really disturbing."
There are 93 Level One sex offenders in the immediate Princeton area, meaning they are the least likely to reoffend.
There are 215 Leven Two sex offenders and 106 Level Three sex offenders -- the most likely to re-offend. [End Quote]

The story goes on to explain those numbers don't take into account people in the system but who haven't been processed yet. (I'm not 100% sure what that means). These people can't be seen by civilians researching the data but police can see who these people are. These people are known as Level 0 sex offenders.

I have absolutely no idea idea why sock boy was interviewed, but it could be one reason for showing him in his socks. There are others, we simply don't know. That's all speculation and he remains innocent as far as I know...it's all just moo..

Which also makes me curious why the prep had access to an accelerant. It's funny, some one said earlier that its quite common to drive around with a can of gas in the car while I was thinking the exact opposite.

Lawn mowing season...maybe it's a New England thing.

Just throwing out this thought ... I hope during the struggle that he left behind some strands of hair (caught on the foliage maybe) and I also hope they scour all those bushes. No doubt he had to loose a few.

Actually here in New England we have laws regulating the transport of Gasoline.
In Maine we have it in the back of our trucks all the time..of course we're going down to the wharf or fueling up the lawnmower, or now the chainsaw...it's always something..

r.e. burn mark on tree: Are there burn marks on the ground? I don't see any.

View attachment 99947

Screen Grab taken from this video and I added markers based on what he said/showed as to where the body was found and the burn marks on the tree.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/450-tips-roll-in-about-princeton-jogger-murder/422137603

Is it me, or are those the strangest burn marks ever? They appear to be only waist high on the tree, and it doesn't look like they came up the tree from the ground , but rather whoever did this was standing there burning that spot specifically.

Just throwing out this thought ... I hope during the struggle that he left behind some strands of hair (caught on the foliage maybe) and I also hope they scour all those bushes. No doubt he had to loose a few.
It seems like he must have, doesn't it? If she fought-and they seem to know she fought hard-she must have knocked him into a bush or tree branch or something..

Lawn mowing season...maybe it's a New England thing.

I understand. But I think most people driving around on Sunday afternoon with a can of gas in the car either just ran out and their lawnmower is sitting in the middle of the lawn, or they are getting ready to mow and realized they are low. I know it seems like I'm gnit picking the subject, but it's just not ideal to be tooling around with a containor of gas in the car... You drive differently, slower, so it doesn't spill all over the place. You avoid bumps and just want to get the stuff home. You go get it, and go back home... Like milk.

I guess my point, or suspicion is that the perp either had transportation with gas prepared AND intent (meaning pre planned and not impulsive), or had access to a nearby fascility with gas (meaning possibly impulsive). I still feel it unlikely that a vehical could have lurked for 45 (???) minutes in the area unnoticed...

There was a video posted yesterday I believe that had a reporter showing the crime scene and there were evidence markers in the trees. I am going to try and look for a link but if any one else knows can you post please.

jmo

Actually here in New England we have laws regulating the transport of Gasoline.

Not sure where you are located, but here in southern Maine it is very common for folks to carry gas cans in their pickup trucks. Many are landscapers, some use it for ATV's or dirtbikes, and it seems like some might carry it "just in case." Not sure what laws you are referring to. Certainly a small amount of gas can be carried legally in an appropriate container.

As an aside, I don't believe an accelerant was used in this case...

I understand. But I think most people driving around on Sunday afternoon with a can of gas in the car either just ran out and their lawnmower is sitting in the middle of the lawn, or they are getting ready to mow and realized they are low. I know it seems like I'm gnit picking the subject, but it's just not ideal to be tooling around with a containor of gas in the car... You drive differently, slower, so it doesn't spill all over the place. You avoid bumps and just want to get the stuff home. You go get it, and go back home... Like milk.

I guess my point, or suspicion is that the perp either had transportation with gas prepared AND intent (meaning pre planned and not impulsive), or had access to a nearby fascility with gas (meaning possibly impulsive). I still feel it unlikely that a vehical could have lurked for 45 (???) minutes in the area unnoticed...

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/450-tips-roll-in-about-princeton-jogger-murder/422137603

Looking at the burn marks on the tree in this video, one would think you would see the grass on the ground completely burned if a liquid accelerant was used. That burn mark looks like a blow torch was used.

r.e. burn mark on tree: Are there burn marks on the ground? I don't see any.

I know there is another photo in one of these threads of the ground singed but my screen grab was after they sifted through the dirt looking for evidence. I totally understand what you're saying though. Maybe someone can repost the other picture.

Not sure where you are located, but here in southern Maine it is very common for folks to carry gas cans in their pickup trucks. Many are landscapers, some use it for ATV's or dirtbikes, and it seems like some might carry it "just in case." Not sure what laws you are referring to. Certainly a small amount of gas can be carried legally in an appropriate container.

As an aside, I don't believe an accelerant was used in this case...

Connecticut. And its less common here. I have friends from Maine and get what you are saying, and not quite sure what the "gas vibe" in central mass is like.

But please explain why you believe so about the accelerant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member