MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had not read that article. It has some interesting info in it that I don't recall reading anywhere. It says, all her clothing was taken except for one sneaker and her earbuds and phone are missing. Has this been confirmed?

I'm not doubting that at all, I was curious if the app was running and lets say someone forces you into a car if it will still show where you are at. I don't own a cell phone and my experience with apps is minimal. I have a tablet but haven't had it long.

Good question. If she was in fact using the app at the time of her jog, then yes, it would show that. It'll allow you to analyze your runs and see your average speed at any given point in your route, as well as the precise path you took. I've driven to a park for a walk and used my app. When I forgot to stop the clock, I accidentally had my drive home included in my walk data. So we can hope they've checked her account since she does have one and seems to have used it quite a bit.

Ive been wondering the same. Ive also been trying to determine if she was really out running. This article, http://m.telegram.com/article/20160809/NEWS/160809342, and others I have read suggest she went for a walk not a run.

If she was out for a run, why would a rapist take the time to remove her shoes and socks and light her feet on fire. Very odd. Im not saying youre wrong that it was to prevent her from running away, but it would just seem like the last thing someone would do to prevent her from escaping.

I would think tying her feet together would be a quicker option. Also, I dont think most rapists run around with a blow torch or a jar of gasoline to burn their victim.

Plus, if you were going to burn a body with gas, wouldnt you throw the fuel on the person, not just light the feet, head and hands?

What if he only had a small amount of lighter fluid? Then would it be likely he'd burn her hands to hide evidence, and then head and feet in hopes burning her from both ends would be sufficient in starting a big enough fire? I'm betting he wasn't bright enough to know otherwise.

It might still track. If she was tracking her run, regardless of her privacy settings and if they don't have her phone, you can still login to the standard site to see the logs.

Yes. They'd be able to log into her account for that.

Just a note about the earbuds, this article also states police looked for her shoes, cell, and earbuds. They also found a burned shoe nearby. Very, very odd. Maybe he did burn her feet so she couldnt run.

http://m.telegram.com/article/20160809/NEWS/160809342

Sometimes burning of feet and/or hands can be a method of torture, or done to elicit info from a victim. I read that burning doesn't destroy DNA completely, and many victims are identified from their dental records if a visual ID can't be made. jmo

What if he only had a small amount of lighter fluid? Then would it be likely he'd burn her hands to hide evidence, and then head and feet in hopes burning her from both ends would be sufficient in starting a big enough fire? I'm betting he wasn't bright enough to know otherwise.

Yea, I could see that being a possibility, especially if he was mentally challenged.

Have they confirmed she was actually raped?

Maybe he was in the woods burning things and she went to investigate. For some reason I have an image of a crazed pyro maniac in my head.

Just a note about the earbuds, this article also states police looked for her shoes, cell, and earbuds. They also found a burned shoe nearby. Very, very odd. Maybe he did burn her feet so she couldnt run.

http://m.telegram.com/article/20160809/NEWS/160809342

Yes! I remember seeing those three words together before. Not sure if it was that article or another one someone linked in the last thread. Thank you for linking that because I thought I was losing it but could not remember what article I read it in.

It might still track. If she was tracking her run, regardless of her privacy settings and if they don't have her phone, you can still login to the standard site to see the logs.
The power of a subpoena or SW in a murder case is amazing

I just made my first post to Web Sleuth's on page 2. Can someone please confirm that it worked? I am freaked out about this. I literally drove down Brook Station Road with my kids at 2:40 on that day. It gives me chills that I was so close to something so horrible. I have racked my brain and talked to my kids about what they saw and we have come up with nothing. No Jogger, Struggle, or anything strange. Can't recall if their was a car in that area. If have friends and family in Princeton and we all love the outdoors. He needs to be caught soon.

You should absolutely call the police even if you saw nothing because maybe some saw your car and then it is extremly important for the police to know that it was you and your kidds in that *advertiser censored* colored *advertiser censored* car, and not the killer.
Also it is of importance to police to know what there was NOTHING to be seen in that location and timeframe.
One of police most important tool in their investigation is a very precise timeline, and in that timeline place vehicles and persons etc and by that they can rule in and rule out people, cars etc and also have better chance to detect whether someone is lying when questioned.
And I read that police asked that anyone who had been in that specific are between 1 and 3 PM to please contact police.

You should absolutely call the police even if you saw nothing because maybe some saw your car and then it is extremly important for the police to know that it was you and your kidds in that *advertiser censored* colored *advertiser censored* car, and not the killer.
Also it is of importance to police to know what there was NOTHING to be seen in that location and timeframe.
One of police most important tool in their investigation is a very precise timeline, and in that timeline place vehicles and persons etc and by that they can rule in and rule out people, cars etc and also have better chance to detect whether someone is lying when questioned.
And I read that police asked that anyone who had been in that specific are between 1 and 3 PM to please contact police.
I didn't mention it, but I did call the tip line. It may be the lamest tip of all time! But maybe it could help confirm a timeline.

Very good points!

I just made my first post to Web Sleuth's on page 2. Can someone please confirm that it worked? I am freaked out about this. I literally drove down Brook Station Road with my kids at 2:40 on that day. It gives me chills that I was so close to something so horrible. I have racked my brain and talked to my kids about what they saw and we have come up with nothing. No Jogger, Struggle, or anything strange. Can't recall if their was a car in that area. If have friends and family in Princeton and we all love the outdoors. He needs to be caught soon.

I'd imagine it's possible. Do you think they've checked out all neighbors? They did say the person of interest is familiar with the area so I assumed it was a local, but even more specifically, maybe a neighbor.

But VERY risky bussines to kill your neighbors daughter :(

But VERY risky bussines to kill your neighbors daughter :(

He may not have looked at it this way, he may have looked at it as, with his familiarity with the area it was the perfect plan. He could either jump her from behind or because they new each other lure her. He could walk to the spot of abduction and back home threw the woods without any chance of anyone seeing him. He could have even picked the perfect spot where he could see the traffic both ways to assure he had at least 20 seconds or so to get her into the woods without any chance of anyone seeing. Hey may have planned this out hundreds of times in his head and was convinced it was the perfect plan.

Is that house adjacent to the path where Vanessa was found?
Iv'e not been able to figure out exactly where she was found or if the police have a suspected path of how she got from the road to the spot? Can anyone help with that? The house in the information from the police log is across the street from Vanessa's mom's, between 90-110. I don't know how specific I can be in here.

You would think a sexual predator would want the women alive, right? But he could not have sexually assaulter her right their on the road. So I think the plan was to get her deep into the woods alive rather than dump her there. I'm wondering if he may have had a gun, but didn't want to actually use it. Instead threaten her with it to get her deeper into the woods. A gun could be traced and a fired shot would be heard. When it was time to end it, instead of using the gun he starting strangling causing her to fight back.

We cannot sleuth people who are not named by LE as POI (person of interest) or suspect.

Please don't post addresses or personal info of random people that you are sleuthing.
Do the police usually try to protect the identity of of the POI's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody