MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to contact Mr. Wilson and ask him exactly when that photo was taken. It is time stamped 10:34 Aug. 8th but I guess that does not mean it is from that time period. I am not a social media user and I did try to find an email link for him but came up short. Just an idea.

jmo

She was found August 7th at 820pm so that's not unusual.

I found the post (#694 on page 47) on the last thread with the area. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...inceton-7-August-2016&p=12745235#post12745235

So based on the Skyfox photo this is what I came up with on Google. Please note my yellow dots are just approximations, not fact. Screenshot_2016-08-15-10-04-19_kindlephoto-9276801.jpg

ETA: Wouldn't ya know it, my dots don't show up. So the area we have been focusing on is at the bottom of the photo and the other area where the aerial photo was taken is up towards the top by the other body of water and between the two homes somewhere.

attachment.php
attachment.php
Here's the cart path. Much closer to her mother's home too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 212
In fact the cart path is .4 miles from her mother's home. Reports said she was found half of a mile from home. The area that police were seen searching is much farther up the road (.9 miles from home)

Someone needs to contact Mr. Wilson and ask him exactly when that photo was taken. It is time stamped 10:34 Aug. 8th but I guess that does not mean it is from that time period. I am not a social media user and I did try to find an email link for him but came up short. Just an idea.

jmo

It was tweeted about 24 hours after she was found so I think the simplest explanation is that a lot of things were still pretty unclear at that point, including exactly where she was found. I don't believe that the image from this tweet reveals any new information- just my opinion.

Slightly off topic but...as a local it's really comforting to me that so many people care about Vanessa. Thank you to everyone for being here and seeking justice for her.

In fact the cart path is .4 miles from her mother's home. Reports said she was found half of a mile from home. The area that police were seen searching is much farther up the road (.9 miles from home)

Is the area they were searching where they were looking for her phone, clothes, and earbuds? As in, separate from where her body was found? Just trying to clarify.

I'm wondering why police were spending so much time at that location after she was found though. You'd think they'd focus on the location she was found.

There's no telling what they were looking for there or why. That's what I find so interesting about that photo. How would they know to search that area either way?

There's no telling what they were looking for there or why. That's what I find so interesting about that photo. How would they know to search that area either way?

Maybe the dogs hit on several areas. Or, they had a tip?

Perhaps they were looking at tire tracks, walking along the road for signs of struggle or dropped items. We don't know.

It does make me curious!

So perhaps this is where she was initially taken or killed and then she was dumped where she was found? This would make sense if she was heading from her mother's home up Brooks Station, attacked at this spot, and then dumped a little further up the road. Or could it mean that she was attacked and killed where she was found, and the killer just dumped some of her things in this other spot? Argh. So much more information is needed :(

attachment.php
attachment.php
Here's the cart path. Much closer to her mother's home too.

I had to switch to my Desktop. My tablet was driving me crazy. So I measured the distance between the two places (cart path and aerial) and it's 0.66 miles between the two. Can her Mom's house be seen in the photo I posted up thread? I don't know where her home is. I have seen a picture (a house with three dormers) but that's all I know about it. Is it possible that her Mom's home is one in the aerial? I'm going to go look for the article with all the pics of the PO's and then look at the map again. That picture I found is bothering me since all the cars are parked there.

The skybox photo was taken on the 8th and you can't see how far the cars go. When my wife drove by on the 9th she said the police were around 80 brookstation others have speculated around 63 brooks station. I think this is the area they are focused on.

I had to switch to my Desktop. My tablet was driving me crazy. So I measured the distance between the two places (cart path and aerial) and it's 0.66 miles between the two. Can her Mom's house be seen in the photo I posted up thread? I don't know where her home is. I have seen a picture (a house with three dormers) but that's all I know about it. Is it possible that her Mom's home is one in the aerial? I'm going to go look for the article with all the pics of the PO's and then look at the map again. That picture I found is bothering me since all the cars are parked there.

The moms house is not visible in that aerial.

Her home is .4 miles from the cart path and about a mile from the area seen being searched.

Thank you to Eucalyptus for compiling this list.
Bringing to help identify where that skyfox image was taken.

ETA...It is so helpful to have the locals chime in on the community. Thank you all for being here to support Vanessa and your community. Because LE has said to remain aware and vigilant this involves everyones family at this point. I am hoping for a swift resolution.

jmo
I agree and want to add my thanks to the locals as well. I will be in that neck of the woods next week and you can bet I will be keeping my eyes out for anyone who fits what profile we have..

So here is another picture (of the same area of the aerial photo) and note that it says: Police cars line the road at the edge of the woods where VM was found dead in Princeton, MA

http://www.fox29.com/news/187298772-story

This story is from Fox29 and the other was Fox25. Color me confused about the location. I know the cart path matches up with the search photos but what are these other photos all about?

So here is another picture (of the same area of the aerial photo) and note that it says: Police cars line the road at the edge of the woods where VM was found dead in Princeton, MA

http://www.fox29.com/news/187298772-story

This story is from Fox29 and the other was Fox25. Color me confused about the location. I know the cart path matches up with the search photos but what are these other photos all about?

Hi all - I'm another new member, also a local. I think some of the confusion comes from the fact that the cart path where VM was found is the abandoned end of Connor Lane, off of Brooks Station Rd. (close to #59 Brooks Station). Connor Lane used to be longer and one of the Skyfox photos is of the paved portion.

I also think I heard that the evidence found by the police was .5 miles south of her mom's house, so maybe some of these photos show that area. I know I was able to identify an area near the Brooks Station/Ball Hill Rd intersection in one of the police photos. Would it be normal for the police to just search up and down the length of the road while looking for evidence?

Thanks for all the info shared on this forum. The crime has really affected the local community and WS gives us (locals) a place to feel like we're doing something to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StringTheory3333