MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The necn article states : "He denies any involvement, but the interest in him highlights what police are considering."
I am guessing this means he could be on the sex offender registry, as police are considering sex offenders.
On a separate note, judging by his ankles and voice, he seems quite slight. Doesn't necessarily seem like someone who could have overpowered someone so fit as VM.

MOO

^that sounds like scratches, that is the main thing. At first i thought na but if he really is a sex offender and all that other strange stuff it looks pretty good. I guess he could have done the interview knowing he was done for just to retain some sense of normalcy with his family for the last few days of his freedom. but if i was that kid and i did it i would get the **** out of dodge quick

The necn article states : "He denies any involvement, but the interest in him highlights what police are considering."
I am guessing this means he could be on the sex offender registry, as police are considering sex offenders.
On a separate note, judging by his ankles and voice, he seems quite slight. Doesn't necessarily seem like someone who could have overpowered someone so fit as VM.

MOO

imo Sock <modsnip> is very young, and yes, slight.

LL6, I wonder if the hold up is because they want to rule out an additional person being involved due to SB's smallish size and some coincidental personal connections he has.

imo Sock <modsnip> is very young, and yes, slight.

LL6, I wonder if the hold up is because they want to rule out an additional person being involved due to SB's smallish size and some coincidental personal connections he has.

Hey whats good marbo, what do you mean by coincidental personal connections?

Maybe sock <modsnip> burned his feet and couldn't wear shoes and therefore couldn't work

A few thoughts re: Sock-<modsnip>
If his phone was indeed shut off and the brother (and/or separate employer) contacted police, it may have been to request a welfare check after they were unable to contact him, rather than to point the finger at him?

Things that worry me about the pointing of the finger:
-Why have they been unable to arrest him after having DNA submitted on a case that must surely be pulling rank in the labs? The police stated from early on that the offender would be injured and implied DNA left at the scene...so why, if he was the perp, would he volunteer to speak to the press when the rest of the town's population, including witnesses, are not?
-If as someone speculated above, there is a second offender, surely all the better to haul him in? LE could sweat it out of him with the connections they have made, no?
-And finally, he is at this stage not officially named as a suspect. He seems to be a very young guy in a town of 3400, where he's probably been easily identified by locals after the NENC interview - and some on here on WS seem to be doing the same. I feel a little uncomfortable about the scrutiny if he's just a flaky teen who smoked some weed, played hooky from work and then got his 15 mins of fame in his cotton socks... once a name is attached to a case it will be there forever...
(And I will be prepared to eat my words when the time comes - I wasn't 'feeling' he was the killer after the first video..my sleuth stats are good, but like all I've been wrong before :) ).

If sock <modsnip> is not arrested it's because

- He didn't commit the crime and there's no evidence and/or
- His DNA doesn't match whatever DNA they gathered from the scene and/or the victim or
- For whatever reason they don't have enough evidence to arrest him

Considering all that's needed is probable cause to get an arrest warrant and we're coming up on a week since his DNA was taken, it doesn't appear he's a match to whatever they are testing. Sometimes people are weird and flaky and they are not involved in a murder even though they present with a set of circumstances that makes others scratch their heads. And sometimes they are involved. Police know where sock boy is; if there's evidence that links him to the scene or the victim they'll get him.

I see a different mo in the case above and I'm thinking the perp is white. That is a straight up rampage/meltdown whereas the marcotte case is far more "Ted Bundy." Jmho

At worst sock <modsnip> is a shill and accomplice for a bigger more alpha guy. He didn't sound guilty in the interview, but was lying or something was amiss in his tone. Or... He is just not involved in the slightest.

Not being from the Princeton area, I'm not sure how far away this incident was....
8/9... Man arrested for forcible rape of a 27 year old female victim.
Just wondering if there is a possible connection - seems like a pretty brazen attack and just a few days after VM...
https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterPolice/posts/1194887140533053

OMG!!! WTH is going on with all the raping of women? I am sick of reading all this! It literally makes me want to vomit(sorry but true)! :puke:

I hope they toss the key away when he goes to jail the ! :mad::mad: (and I do not cuss, it angers me so much)

At least she survived, Thank God.

jmo :moo:

If sock boy is not arrested it's because

- He didn't commit the crime and there's no evidence and/or
- His DNA doesn't match whatever DNA they gathered from the scene and/or the victim or
- For whatever reason they don't have enough evidence to arrest him

Considering all that's needed is probable cause to get an arrest warrant and we're coming up on a week since his DNA was taken, it doesn't appear he's a match to whatever they are testing. Sometimes people are weird and flaky and they are not involved in a murder even though they present with a set of circumstances that makes others scratch their heads. And sometimes they are involved. Police know where sock boy is; if there's evidence that links him to the scene or the victim they'll get him.

Or, the DNA did match, but he is of no risk of flight and surveyed, hence, let LE get their ducks in a row before closing the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't necessarily seem like someone who could have overpowered someone so fit as VM.

MOO

Look, I am not trying to be mean here, but just because you can run/jog a few miles does not mean you can't be overpowered, even if the culprit is of smaller stature. I have seen men who are 5 feet tall take down 6 foot tall+ guys. <modsnip>

Look, I am not trying to be mean here, but just because you can run/jog a few miles does not mean you can't be overpowered, even if the culprit is of smaller stature. I have seen men who are 5 feet tall take down 6 foot tall+ guys. <modsnip>
You're right and we don't know the details of her Assault, was she hit over the head rendering her less than 100 %? Remember she was attacked, not prepared and her flight or fright adrenaline wasn't in high gear, his was. He dragged her down that path or less likely she voluntarily went. The fight most likely happened 30 yards in where she was found- she could have regained consciousness there ? You don't have to be large to surprise attack. Do you think he could have used the old " My dog ran off into the woods " and she willingly agreed to help because she recognized him ???

OMG!!! WTH is going on with all the raping of women? I am sick of reading all this! It literally makes me want to vomit(sorry but true)! :puke:

I hope they toss the key away when he goes to jail the ! :mad::mad: (and I do not cuss, it angers me so much)

At least she survived, Thank God.

jmo :moo:

I agree, this week has been bad. It's getting to me too. :therethere: I couldn't find a :hugs: smiley so this one will have to do.

I wish sock <modsnip> would just wave his bare arms in front of the camera and put me out of my quandary one way or the other.

Is that why he sat at the pond for a couple days? To avoid being seen?

and his shoes..were they charred?

I'm right there with you...something's not right, but I don't know just what.

IF he turns out to be the perp, maybe he had some washing to do....cleaning up undetected from his mother....not saying he's guilty, its just a thought. JMO. Being off the grid does perk interest in him.
Where are sock boys shoes? For an interview? That's so weird. Have some pride. LOL Lawd...
Anyway he didn't sound surprised that LE came to him first. Guilty or not, It really pushes me to think he's on a registry or known to LE somehow.
Total speculation on my part..it's just too laid back how he mentioned yeah, they came here first...JMO

Probably the Wachusett Meadow&#8217;s Wildlife Pond is the mostly widely-known and publicly-accessible pond in the area located in the Wachusett Meadow which is part of the huge MA Audubon Society. It is about a mile NW of central Princeton,...maybe a local could chime in if this place is referred to as "the pond"?
http://www.massaudubon.org/get-outdoors/wildlife-sanctuaries/wachusett-meadow/about
I don't remember any pond being referred to as "the pond" when I lived there. There are small ponds all over town. That is a pond that a poster showed earlier. It is a bit back in the woods and on private property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro