MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That makes lots of sense. I don't see him wanting to return to the crime scene, maybe to gawk at the reaction perhaps, from afar. I think he ran off because he knew people were going to look for Vanessa, and having the crime so close to her family's home, part of the thrill was the reaction, seeing people search and he outsmarting everyone, possibly. Then afterwards it dawned on him, maybe when the profiler spoke of him, that he messed up, leaving too much evidence behind, or not being able to cover for his injuries. Maybe he's stuck with a set of circumstances he can no longer control. You have me convinced he may not be that confident, after all, just a pathetic dweeb who for some moments feels empowered, significant, like a man, when he makes others suffer. So this may be a person who feels unaccomplished, passed over, not taken into account, maybe rejected even, but so tini small, that he needed to this and other things like it to feel good about himself.

IF with speculation he has done things before getting away with it, he could have had plenty of confidence. It is hard to determine , but if he messed up with this, maybe not so much now.

IF with speculation he has done things before getting away with it, he could have had plenty of confidence. It is hard to determine , but if he messed up with this, maybe not so much now.

Agreed, seems possible that he psyched himself up, didn't expect to get beat up as badly as he may have, or to make mistakes leaving his DNA as evidence, so probably pretty unstable and down afterwards, quiet, and more furtive than usual.

I guess if anyone is close enough to the freak to care, they may have some fear of showing any suspicion, considering he is a cold-blooded murderer or they may want to protect him, which would make them a knowing accessory, as well as giving them more to hold over the perp's head possibly, to attempt keep him in line? Seems like an extremely dangerous choice for anyone who knows about what he did, trying to keep it hush.

I think it could go either way. Watching from close by or did have plans to go back to scene and lost the opportunity. If he is a local and not a hermit or someone who ran away, those close with him know something.

I don't think he was planning to return, the crime seems so well timed to her schedule. I think he may have known and counted on his window of opportunity to safely retreat from his horrible crime. He may have taken off to where there would be no immediate suspicion of him, far enough from Princeton not to stand out with his injuries. He could've told people he had a cycling accident or a hit an run or something innocuous.

Agreed, seems possible that he psyched himself up, didn't expect to get beat up as badly as he may have, or to make mistakes leaving his DNA as evidence, so probably pretty unstable and down afterwards, quiet, and more furtive than usual. I guess if anyone is close to the him to care, they may have some fear of showing any suspicion, consider he is a cold-blooded murderer or want to protect him, which would make them a knowing accessory, as well as giving them more to hold over the perps head possibly, to keep him in line?

Good points! But, I don't see this as a younger person new to this. JMO

Agreed, seems possible that he psyched himself up, didn't expect to get beat up as badly as he may have, or to make mistakes leaving his DNA as evidence, so probably pretty unstable and down afterwards, quiet, and more furtive than usual. I guess if anyone is close to the him to care, they may have some fear of showing any suspicion, consider he is a cold-blooded murderer or want to protect him, which would make them a knowing accessory, as well as giving them more to hold over the perps head possibly, to keep him in line?

I don't think he was planning to return, the crime seems so well timed to her schedule. I think he may have known and counted on his window of opportunity to safely retreat from his horrible crime. He took off to where there would be no immediate suspicion of him, far from enough from Princeton not to stand out with his injuries. He could've told people he had a cycling accident or a hit an run or something innocuous.

Good job processing all this.

Good points! But, I don't see this as a younger person new to this. JMO
How come? I see him as youngish and maybe geekish. And very immature. High school education, maybe? Idk, just doesn't seem like someone older.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Good job processing all this.

How so? It's a bit circular processing this, always come back to the same place. Why there, that day, why Vanessa? Her looks, competence, energy, or the right place at the right time? Her job, Vanessa's success, her being out of reach, if he knew her? Did her consistency of routine make her easier to plan for?

I appreciate your taking the time to process it with me, Kickoff61.

IF he lived nearby, I speculate he could have easily planned to go back. I remember reading an FBI profiler speculating that he had to know he left his DNA behind.

How would he have known he could easily go back?

He would know they would be searching for her. Especially in the same area she was last seen. I just don't see him thinking there was anyway he could go back, I just can't see that st all.

How come? I see him as youngish and maybe geekish. And very immature. High school education, maybe? Idk, just doesn't seem like someone older.

I could be wrong, but I think younger people with this severe of mental issues would exhibit other acting out behavior, stand out more and not be able to manage covering there actions or emotions since doing this to the degree of not being caught yet.

How so? It's a bit circular processing this, always come back to the same place. Why there, that day, why Vanessa? Her looks, competence, energy, or the right place at the right time? Her job, Vanessa's success, her being out of reach, if he knew her? Did her consistency of routine make her easier to plan for?

I appreciate your taking the time to process it with me, Kickoff61.

I just think you make some good points and your efforts show that you care. And you are welcome.

I agree I don't see it as some one older, confident, or experienced in the least.

In my opinion, I think it's much more likely it was a peer of hers who she knew. I'm on the fence as to wether he planned to murder her or flipped and had to cover his tracks, but I lean to the later.

I just think you make some good points and your efforts show that you care. And you are welcome.

You too, Kickoff61. I appreciate that you're willing bring some heft to the considerations, even though it isn't all that comfortable or nice a thing to do, to consider such heinous, senseless, cruelty against such a beautiful accomplish young woman. It hurts to think about it on some level, no? Bad dreams, that sense that a pathetic strange monster of a man is walking around free, maybe a bit paranoid about getting caught or worse moving on and planning his next act?

I agree with Razz though, about the signs of immaturity, even if he is in his twenties or more. It could be a web junkie who has no idea how to relate with people in real life, job, social, all self worth on the web. Maybe that's why he picked a great up and coming google employee? Maybe he needs to feel he pulled this off in the realm his mind revels in.

I could be wrong, but I think younger people with this severe of mental issues would exhibit other acting out behavior, stand out more and not be able to manage covering there actions or emotions since doing this to the degree of not being caught yet.

But your making the assumption that whoever did this had severe mental issues. And of course with murder it's always possible, but sane people murder too.

You too, Kickoff61. I appreciate that you're willing bring some heft to the considerations, even though it isn't all that comfortable or nice a thing to do, to consider such heinous, senseless, cruelty against such a beautiful accomplish young woman. It hurts to think about it on some level, no? Bad dreams, that sense that a pathetic strange monster of a man is walking around free, maybe a bit paranoid about getting caught or worse moving on and planning his next act?

I think you described it well. This is very disturbing. Horrific. It needs to be solved. This is a public safety issue.

This seems to be a calculated crime , targeting her in a specific running time frame, brazen in broad daylight, then what appears to be calculated and specific attempt to cover up with reports of burnt hands, feet and head, then what appears to be calculating since, not caught yet. This shows me sophistication. JMO

I agree I don't see it as some one older, confident, or experienced in the least.

In my opinion, I think it's much more likely it was a peer of hers who she knew. I'm on the fence as to wether he planned to murder her or flipped and had to cover his tracks, but I lean to the later.
My mistake was listening to Sockman's interview a while back. And because of that,(never seeing his face, just his socks and voice) I have pictured someone young. socially awkward and probably sexually inexperienced. (not saying that's who I think it is but that audio certainly gave me a visual.)

I wonder if there wasn't premature ejaculation too. That may be why he took her clothes.

I have no idea. Prayers he is not.

Me too. I hope he's caught before he hurts anyone else, and for Justice for Vanessa.

This seems to be a calculated crime , targeting her in a specific running time frame, brazen in broad daylight, then what appears to be calculated and specific attempt to cover up with reports of burnt hands, feet and head, then what appears to be calculating since, not caught yet. This shows me sophistication. JMO

Cold and calculating, perhaps, but you've heard the expression, the banality of evil? An immature and unsophisticated loser obsessively planning this for a long time could achieve the same, happens often enough with acts of evil. There's nothing in the crime that displays sophistication that I can fathom, just planning that went somewhat wrong. A grotesque murderous act pulled off without consequence does not equal any sense of sophistication, that's just a media myth. He's most likely a cagey little goon, banal, not a Hannibal.

Me too. I hope he's caught before he hurts anyone else, and for Justice for Vanessa.

Cold and calculating, perhaps, but you've heard the expression, the banality of evil? An immature and unsophisticated loser obsessively planning this for a long time could achieve the same, happens often enough with acts of evil. There's nothing in the crime that displays sophistication that I can fathom. A grotesque murderous act pulled off without consequence does not equal any sense of sophistication, that's just a media myth. He's most likely a cagey little goon, banal, not a Hannibal.

Yes, people have differing opinions, understandably. Also FBI doesn't usually get involved with state level homicide which tells me other issues involved and also points me away from a younger person. But, I think law enforcement are being thorough, will solve it, and we will have the truth.

I don't see it that way at all. If it was someone she knew perhaps that's how they new her running time. If he wasn't planning to kill her, that would explain a lot of what you are viewing as calculated and brazen.

Him not being caught yet....there are many reasons this aspect can be complicated...like perhaps he left town or disappeared in some manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88