MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are many good points made here , especially with so little known. It is also nice to see so many care about Vanessa and her family.

Ok, Thinkhard, I got some feedback from the generation and they agree with you with some reservations about the bus trip. BUT I still think the timeframe is too short. :)

Ok, Thinkhard, I got some feedback from the generation and they agree with you with some reservations about the bus trip. BUT I still think the timeframe is too short. :)

It's basically an hour an a half window max before family would have gotten worried. It would take at least 30 minutes to drive to the bus station, plus shed likely have to shower and gather any last minute things, So I'd think by around 3 and definetly by 330 they were getting worried, so I agree it's tight, but not impossible.

Obviously if something happened I think it happened really quickly after he picked her up. Say for example he brought her to his house, maybe at that point she sensed weirdness and was like bring me back and then a fight ensued on his property. If he was rural enough and no one home, there could easily be no witnesses to this. If it happened that quickly she could have been diseased with 15-20 minutes of picking her up.

He then could have collected anything needed from his house, removed her close, and driven her body back, carrying it to that spot, dousing it in an accelerant and then taking a blow torch to it, and then getting the heck out in another 20-30 minutes max...

In my mind indicating, though the timeline could have been tight, it all could have taken place within an hour window.

Well, like you said before - it's okay to disagree. :)

My feeling - whoever did this is a white male. He planned it, didn't know VM well, visited the cemetery at some point, is harboring rage toward women and in particular women like Vanessa, feels thwarted, had some type of religious upbringing, is from the area but not the town, and, possibly, has multiple fantasies involving power (including fantasies about sadism and about being famous).

My two cents for the day!

One last thing - I'd be surprised if an actual rape occurred.

That is not neccasarily true at all. As I have mentioned before, even if they can connect a DNA match to her, but can't connect that DNA to the crime scene, they can only prove that he made contact with her, not that he killed her. They would need to be able to put him at the scene of the crime to prove murder. Or they would have to combine contact DNA with other strong circumstantial evidence.

There are many reason there could be a delay, because unlike in television these things take time.

Additionally I'm sure they know far more then we are led to believe and they could be working one or more angles behind the scenes very closely. Just because we aren't privy to this insight doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I've also noticed LE hasn't made any more be vigilant and cautious pleas to the public in quite some time, and one would think if LE still thought there was a serious risk to the public they would continue to warn them.

I think they do have a good idea who it is, I think they feel he is no longer a threat, I feel he's likely also local with lots of family, and in order to not create a stir until they have a strong case are staying very quiet.

None of that to me indicates however that the cops can't figure it out because he was too advance or what not. I see amateur all over this case, not mastermind. just my opinion of course.

if the killer happened to be someone she knew, and perhaps even was seen with earlier on that weekend or another weekend, couldn't this create a more difficult fact pattern for the police to sort through? Just thinking of the 'someone you know is more likely to murder you' scenario....

It's basically an hour an a half window max before family would have gotten worried. It would take at least 30 minutes to drive to the bus station, plus shed likely have to shower and gather any last minute things, So I'd think by around 3 and definetly by 330 they were getting worried, so I agree it's tight, but not impossible.

Obviously if something happened I think it happened really quickly after he picked her up. Say for example he brought her to his house, maybe at that point she sensed weirdness and was like bring me back and then a fight ensued on his property. If he was rural enough and no one home, there could easily be no witnesses to this. If it happened that quickly she could have been diseased with 15-20 minutes of picking her up.

He then could have collected anything needed from his house, removed her close, and driven her body back, carrying it to that spot, dousing it in an accelerant and then taking a blow torch to it, and then getting the heck out in another 20-30 minutes max...

In my mind indicating, though the timeline could have been tight, it all could have taken place within an hour window.

I think Vanessa was killed in those woods where she was found. I'm willing to be wrong, of course.

I agree that whatever happened between VM and her killer happened quickly. I think it centers around some feeling of rejection the killer felt - unrequited love? Or just a perv? I think it was more than a random encounter. This was an event that had been building in the killers mind. She was nice to him...did that signify more than it should have to him? Did she say 'no' that day?

I'm just gonna throw this out as a consideration to ponder, not even saying I myself am committed to it.

But just say for a moment her changing her Map my run setting had nothing to do with being afraid, but rather changing what she was actually doing during that time.

I'm not saying it's likely but I don't think it's impossible to consider that perhaps maybe this was someone she had met up with on her "runs" to say goodbye to before heading back to NYC.

Perhaps because she lived in NYC she wasn't sure what was going on with the relationship long distance. If her parents are anything like mine, they ask a million questions, so I often wait to tell them things, not because I hide things, but I try to wait till I have more answers, such as knowing a relationship is "serious" before looping them in.

Again I'm not saying this is what happened with VM. It's just when I think of her changing the settings I wonder what possible reasons she could have fir doing so, and thus just occurred to me as one, perhaps...who know? Hopefully LE!

Sorry, but I find speculation she is lying to parents without facts or evidence to be very hurtful to them in their time of grief.

Sorry, but I find speculation she is lying to parents without facts or evidence to be very hurtful to them in their time of grief.

I don't interpret this as lying as much as selectively sharing. I have a great relationship with my kids - they would agree, i know they dont tell me everything... And i understand that. I have a great relationship with my parents, yet, i still dont share everything. Its natural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand. Maybe so. However, I just think to speculate that part - her doing that- leading to all this without any proof is hurtful to her family . Just my opinion.

Thank you. There is no basis for this kind of "theory". No evidence that she was ever deceitful or anything but honest with her mother.
A theory should be based on some kind of evidence IMO.
There is a lot of speculation here that has grown legs as "fact" when we, in fact, have no facts.

This kind of speculation borders on victim blaming, as to say she was being secretive and dishonest and is therefore complicit to some degree in her own horrific death.

MOO.

You are welcome and I agree with you completely. Thanks for clarifying that.

I actually get the impression it wouldn't have been so loose a connection. I think it's more likely to be someone she knew fairly well, had a level of trust with, even if she did think he was a little odd, and would have willingly gotten in the car with.

I still am not convinced this would have been a planned murder. I think he maybe wanted to talk to her and she agreed.

I don't think he was worried wether she was in his car, or was seen getting into it or what not, because I don't think he was planning on committing a murder. Jmo

What do you think transpired that escalated to this sort of murder?

If she got into a car and went somewhere with someone I'm not sure her cell would've pinged at the mountain barn. Also, she would have texted someone, most likely her mother. Also, she was just starting a run. And she had to leave in a couple of hours. I don't think people in their twenties don't interact like that. They text. They talk on the phone, snapchat, etc. It would be very odd for someone to happen by like that and for her to get in the car without there being some digital footprint of that type of interaction.
I agree with this. I think if it was a big enough deal to interrupt her run and actually sit in a car to talk with someone, it'd be a close and known relationship. It'd be an odd request of the perp, in my opinion, and I think this would have to be someone who was normally pretty odd and would therefore stand out right away as a POI.

Thank you. There is no basis for this kind of "theory". No evidence that she was ever deceitful or anything but honest with her mother.
There is a lot of speculation here that has grown legs as "fact" when we, in fact, have no facts.

This kind of speculation borders on victim blaming, as to say she was being secretive and dishonest and is therefore complicit to some degree in her own horrific death.

MOO.
I have to agree. I feel as though a theory is thrown out, but then any fact or evidence that is or may be is then used as an attempt to prove that theory. And you're right that being selective with information is in a way deceiving.

I don't agree with the theories, but I don't think it's victim blaming. And I don't think speculation is all bad. If I were Vanessa's family, I would want her killer found more than anything else, not just for justice's sake but because I could know this person would not kill again. I think we have to feel free here to voice our thoughts without taking how her parents feel into consideration. I'm not saying slander is fine but I also don't think it's bad to consider the idea that she may have met up with someone.

The police are working incredibly hard on this - I have no doubt - but many, many cases go cold without ever being solved. Maybe this discussion might spark something at some point, who knows?

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member