MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, she was interested in running, computers at google, tutoring...what else? The killer could have had one of these things in common with her.

You mention the cell phone tower adjacent to cemetery - so , close by? and your descriptions would be North?

SS: Note Brook Station Road then roads intersecting near Cemetery with the cell tower in the upper right area of image.
The Mountain Rest. cell tower is the cell tower that pinged at 2:25. That location is not in this SS.

The victim was found MORE than a loop around from her mother's residence?
VM was found on BSR near the extension. By doing so, VM had to run past her mother's residence, after running the loop, to end up at the cart track at the end of Connor Lane ext. on Brook Station Road. She did not do that without being forced b/c she would be done running at her mother's driveway.

VM was not trapped by the stalker this close to her mother's when she first went running by this very spot at 1ish. jmho
VM was left at this spot, by 3:00. It requires a special kind of cowardly evil to burn another human being. jmho

Attachments

• Vanessa Marcotte.jpg
    Vanessa Marcotte.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 23
Here are my latest *speculations* based on my last few weeks of data analysis and amateur profiling. Again, emphasis on speculation, opinion, and amateur.

This is a local. LE knows who he is, and need forensic storyboard to back it up. His family knows he did it, but isn't stepping forward trying to avoid the humiliation, the spectacle that they know will follow. He has shown signs of aberrant behavior since childhood. Bed wetting, fire setting, abuse to animals, lack of empathy. He stalked her for a long time, and developed a story in his mind, and then played it out.
His family knows, and is covering up. All speculation!

DeeDee: Interesting. Very good points. I get confused, as there were a few different loop routes of her regular runs that were put in here earlier on.

Here are my latest *speculations* based on my last few weeks of data analysis and amateur profiling. Again, emphasis on speculation, opinion, and amateur.

This is a local. LE knows who he is, and need forensic storyboard to back it up. His family knows he did it, but isn't stepping forward trying to avoid the humiliation, the spectacle that they know will follow. He has shown signs of aberrant behavior since childhood. Bed wetting, fire setting, abuse to animals, lack of empathy. He stalked her for a long time, and developed a story in his mind, and then played it out.

Good points. The points also make it seem this is not a younger person, rebellious, known to the community for causing trouble, but someone more advanced.

Thank you again, roses, for taking the time, I tend to agree. Let's hope LE knows just who it is, as you speculate so very reasonably, knowledgeably and well. In Vanessa's case, the relative hush may say something too, considering all the tips, hopefully.

OT
Something about roses 6 mins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JnhuJGHKYg

Good points. The points also make it seem this is not a younger person, rebellious, known to the community for causing trouble, but someone more advanced.

I still see him as being in the range of 16-her age. 27 I believe. However, my original notion was 17-19. I don't see them as past her age. Strong, does physical labor.

Thank you again, roses, for taking the time. Let's hope LE knows just who it is, as you speculate so very reasonably, knowledgeably and well. In Vanessa's case, the relative hush may say something too, considering all the tips, hopefully.

OT
Something about roses 6 mins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JnhuJGHKYg

Thank you Find! My moniker is an homage to: http://www.littleflower.org/prayers-sharing/childrens-section/prayers/my-novena-rose-prayer/
And I pray that everyone suffering the loss of a loved one, or searching for them receives "roses from angels" as a sign of His love, and answer to our prayers. : )
Sometimes, that answer comes in the sign of comfort and peace...or a rose.

Editing to add that many years ago, a wonderful woman I knew was (unbeknownst to me) praying a novena. I showed up on day nine with a rose bush for her! So who knows! : )

1.) police have been going around to all local males in Princeton and asking for voluntary DNA samples. As in going and knocking on people'a doors. This was a few weeks again now though. Also it's not something I heard through the grapevine, its things I have been told directly by Princeton residents who have been approached by LE for this purpose. My family home is not in Princeton but boarders Princeton and so our "neighbors" in Princeton is where I heard that from.

2.) Cart path is a weird word to use I agree. In Maine they would just call these fire roads.
In this case it's an old road (Connors Lane) that connected btw Boylston St and BSR, but the road now stops/dead ends is only paved to the last property on Connors Lane, the wooded "path" that continues past that property and opens up on BSR is what they are selling the cart path.

Hi DeDee and welcome, I know you are new here in this thread. A lot of what you talk about above has been discussed at length previously, and some of the things you state aren't quite accurate so I just wanted to hopefully help catch you up.

The cemetery isn't that close to where her body was found its at least .5 miles. And it's also .5 miles across private property.

The cell phone tower where she pinged is about 2 miles from the cell phone tower near the cemetery.

Based on old map my runs she usually ran north after leaving her mothers home. It is believed she was taken around 1 pm when she first set out. It wouldn't have made any sense to loop past her moms house. The only time she would have passed the spot she was found, was likely on her way out if she was planning to do a loop.

Also if she were taken after 225 the perp wouldn't have had enough time.

It is believed that she was taken when she first started out on her run

1.) police have been going around to all local males in Princeton and asking for voluntary DNA samples. As in going and knocking on people'a doors. This was a few weeks again now though. Also it's not something I heard through the grapevine, its things I have been told directly by Princeton residents who have been approached by LE for this purpose. My family home is not in Princeton but boarders Princeton and so our "neighbors" in Princeton is where I heard that from.

2.) Cart path is a weird word to use I agree. In Maine they would just call these fire roads.
In this case it's an old road (Connors Lane) that connected btw Boylston St and BSR, but the road now stops/dead ends is only paved to the last property on Connors Lane, the wooded "path" that continues past that property and opens up on BSR is what they are selling the cart path.

I too thought "cart path" was an odd term. I have never heard it in Mass. Where did it originate? Telegram? Anyway so it is an actual street it seems. Is it a discontinued street?

Certainly local people know if LE is asking them for voluntary DNA. Media reporting is scant in Vanessa's case. Sorry about my seemingly harsh attitude toward valuable local info.

I think he sounds young. He could have shown signs without being labeled the worst kid in school. I think Roses assessment is probably pretty close. And I do think it's more likely to be a peer of VM's then some older man stalking her. I don't think that means he was known as the town trouble maker though.

Also I'm still not convince he fantasizes about killing her, I think he could have just snapped that day and then went through trying to stage the crime to look like something else and cover their tracks.

That doesn't mean I think she accidentally fell out of her clothes and into a fire, obviously not. But I do think it could be an accident in terms of he wasn't planning to kill her, snapped, and then ended up with a dead body on his hands and needed to dash to cover it. So he decides to stage it to look like a stranger boogie man in the woods thing, and takes clothing and burns body to hopefully destroy evidence. So just to clarify I think the death might have been unintentional but I think the rest could have been very intentional staging.

Cart path sounds more like something you would hear at Old Sturbridge Village, like on old farms, an ox cart path through fields or across property or btw properties type of thing.

That land is pretty much all owned by one family and extended family. My guess is that it was one big farm at some point and over the years family members built homes on the property. Connors lane was probably the rt to the farm, but as it became more of a family compound then a farm, it functions more as a private road, which would be costly to maintain, plus since its all family they probably like having the road effectively dead end and stopped maintaining the back end of Connors lane when it was no longer a farm.

ps most private properties in town and definetly any new construction has to be on a minimum of an acre....this is to discourage ticky tacky matching developments and stuff like that. There are a lot of rules like this on the books to preserve Princetons charm. Which is why houses tend to be so spread out there. Princeton will never ever be the type of town to allow for a Walmart or chain things in general.

Even if there's no a resolution now, who knows what may happen down the road. As they say, "time is a gentleman."
Thank you Find! My moniker is an homage to: http://www.littleflower.org/prayers-sharing/childrens-section/prayers/my-novena-rose-prayer/
And I pray that everyone suffering the loss of a loved one, or searching for them receives "roses from angels" as a sign of His love, and answer to our prayers. : )
Sometimes, that answer comes in the sign of comfort and peace...or a rose.

Editing to add that many years ago, a wonderful woman I knew was (unbeknownst to me) praying a novena. I showed up on day nine with a rose bush for her! So who knows! : )

That I do not get. If it was/is a local who would jump on that voluntary DNA wagon???????? I would think he would run the other way!

There is nothing to show the age of this killer. However, he seems experienced in crime with methods of cover up and no arrest yet. Prayers for her family.

That I do not get. If it was/is a local who would jump on that voluntary DNA wagon???????? I would think he would run the other way!

Yeah I'm wondering what LE would hope to gain by doing this. Any ideas?

If this was a friend and/or someone she met with regularly, that is much easier to track and prove through contacts, other friends, family, computer. Etc. There are also no facts pointing to an accidental death. This appears to be a horrific murder. and complex , therefore taking time to solve.

Hi DeDee and welcome, I know you are new here in this thread. A lot of what you talk about above has been discussed at length previously, and some of the things you state aren't quite accurate so I just wanted to hopefully help catch you up.

The cemetery isn't that close to where her body was found its at least .5 miles. And it's also .5 miles across private property.

The cell phone tower where she pinged is about 2 miles from the cell phone tower near the cemetery.

Based on old map my runs she usually ran north after leaving her mothers home. It is believed she was taken around 1 pm when she first set out. It wouldn't have made any sense to loop past her moms house. The only time she would have passed the spot she was found, was likely on her way out if she was planning to do a loop.

Also if she were taken after 225 the perp wouldn't have had enough time.

It is believed that she was taken when she first started out on her run

Thank you for taking the time to straighten inaccuracies of my interpretations as it is not my purpose nor intent to confuse the discussion nor interject falsehoods. Hence, I shall bow out of posting, att. However, I'll continue to check for updates. I am friends with a delightful Italian Marcotte family out of Boston.

Justice for Vanessa Marcotte :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members