Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greta: 6/13/2007-Fox News Reporting A newspaper has received a letter stating that Madeline's body buried and can be found 6 to 7 meters off the road under branches and sticks.

I believe this to be a valid tip if the Belgian girls are any indication. If so, they are looking at a serial killer who enjoys watching how the parents and the world react. It has nothing to do with status...but watching them hunt for their child. <sigh> There is nothing more sick in my book.

They won't share this with the world, but I know they are furiously searching where the letter said to search.

I believe this to be a valid tip if the Belgian girls are any indication. If so, they are looking at a serial killer who enjoys watching how the parents and the world react. It has nothing to do with status...but watching them hunt for their child. <sigh> There is nothing more sick in my book.

They won't share this with the world, but I know they are furiously searching where the letter said to search.

Yes...an international child serial killer. :eek: :furious:

I'm so afraid we're going to wake up to the news that little Maddie's body has been found...

I think the letter that was sent to the newspaper claiming they know where Madelaines body can be found, wasnt sent to the police as the letter writer knows something about the police that we dont, ie, they know there is a pedo ring happening, so therefore the letter would have been hidden, by sending it to the newspaper the information would get out and an investigation would have to take place.

The police know more than what they are telling us, maybe even involved in the pedo ring or know of it. Im not saying they had anything to do with the disappearance of Madelaine, but I do think they are definitely hiding something that could help with the case.

I'm so afraid we're going to wake up to the news that little Maddie's body has been found...

I have the same fear!!! This "lead" is getting alot of air time. Alot more than any other lead or info about this case has gotten in weeks, at least here in the USA. I'm so afraid that Madeleine is about to be found!

If the letter is credible, I don't have a doubt that the police have nothing on him. This is a well orchestrated effort on the part of one person. He may have included others at this point, but I don't think so. If he got away with killing the two girls in Belgium..he feels he can do this worldwide. Doesn't mean he/she doesn't have help tho. He could be part of some sort of 'faction'.

This is my personal opinion and I still ask what the motive is. Why would someone steal children and be so unrelenting if it didn't have to do with their victims? They wish to make a statement as to culture or to civilization itself.

After the letter came into play, I have to say it is the MOST important piece of evidence they have...but sad to say.

I have the same fear!!! This "lead" is getting alot of air time. Alot more than any other lead or info about this case has gotten in weeks, at least here in the USA. I'm so afraid that Madeleine is about to be found!
Maddie is back in the headlines here too.

I'm working from home today and have the news on in the background. I just heard "she was only 9 miles away from where she was taken, I feel so sorry for the parents". My heart and stomach dropped because I thought they had found her body but I had goggled Madelaine and looked at all the other news channels and can't see anything about this. Thank goodness. I really hope thought she would be alive somewhere - wishful thinking? I still hope she is found alive and the letter is wrong.

On another note if it is correct, who is this person who knows where bodies are buried and where are they getting their information from?

Thanks for the update Curves....Maddie needs to be found wherever/whatever:(

I don't understand the reference to a serial killer, i.e. the two girls in Belgium, since I believe the killer there turned himself in (Ait-Oud).

Child killings could be part of an international ped ring, however. There's also talk of a satanic ring that involves child killings.

I don't understand the reference to a serial killer, i.e. the two girls in Belgium, since I believe the killer there turned himself in (Ait-Oud).

Child killings could be part of an international ped ring, however. There's also talk of a satanic ring that involves child killings.
I sincerely hope that nothing this bad has befallen Madelaine, until she is found I am praying that she is still alive. Am trying really hard to think positive thoughts.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1270454,00.html

Snippet from link:

But Clarence Mitchell, speaking on behalf of the girl's family, said: "There is no suggestion that this letter is any more credible than any other source and the McCanns are not planning to say anything about it."
Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the parents werevery upset at reports of diggers moving in.
In a blog, father Gerry McCann said: "We were extremely disappointed in the publication of the anonymous letter in The Telegraaf (Netherlands) claiming to know where Madeleine is buried

~~~~~
Does anyone else find this statement as strange?? Of course, everything that these two 2 parents have done has struck me as kind of strange. While no parent of a missing child wants their child to be found buried, I have never seen one that does not understand and appreciate that ground searches must be done. You would think they would be glad that the police are finally doing a search....if it were me I would have already been out there searching myself if the police hadn't....42 days ago and long before I travelled all over the world.

It is OK to hold on to the faith that your child is still alive but these 2 must also face the other possiblity. I would need closure either way and know that ground searching in an important part in any missing person case.

Hi Everyone,

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1269974,00.html
Madeleine Cop Charged Over 'Mum Attack'

That really is obscence if theres any truth in it.

I am wondering if this medium may have got her wires crossed and the child could be the daughter of the woman allegedy beaten into a confession re her missing daughter who has never been found.

C D re your post 72 - I wondered about where the McCanns jogged off to that day.........

Sorry everybody but something still not sitting right with me and the parents.

The man suspected turned out not to match the DNA and was released in the Belgium case...at least it is my understanding in the articles I read.

Whats the situation woth the McCanns jogging off somewhere? Would someone mind explaining? I havent read that before.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1270454,00.html

Snippet from link:

But Clarence Mitchell, speaking on behalf of the girl's family, said: "There is no suggestion that this letter is any more credible than any other source and the McCanns are not planning to say anything about it."
Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the parents werevery upset at reports of diggers moving in.
In a blog, father Gerry McCann said: "We were extremely disappointed in the publication of the anonymous letter in The Telegraaf (Netherlands) claiming to know where Madeleine is buried

~~~~~
Does anyone else find this statement as strange?? Of course, everything that these two 2 parents have done has struck me as kind of strange. While no parent of a missing child wants their child to be found buried, I have never seen one that does not understand and appreciate that ground searches must be done. You would think they would be glad that the police are finally doing a search....if it were me I would have already been out there searching myself if the police hadn't....42 days ago and long before I travelled all over the world.

It is OK to hold on to the faith that your child is still alive but these 2 must also face the other possiblity. I would need closure either way and know that ground searching in an important part in any missing person case.
I too find the statement by the parents strange, something isnt right here.

I find his statement...."even if it were true is insensitive and cruel".... Odd myself. Yes it is horrible but I don't think it is 'cruel' to look for her when someone states that's where she is. Of course no one wants to find her in this way but I think it does need to be explored. In many missing children cases you see the parents or parents out there walking the woods looking in gullys right along with the volunteers. I don't think it is cruel or insensitve. Harrowing yes...

They seem very indignant for people who left 3 small children unattended in an unlocked hotel room in a foreign country.

Whats the situation woth the McCanns jogging off somewhere? Would someone mind explaining? I havent read that before.

From their official website:

"Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes."

BTW, this is my first post, I have been lurking for a few weeks. I need to be more involved with you guys so I am REALLY happy I found you.

I'll post more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member