Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jdee and s_finch for the welcome :)

Just read at: https://messageboards.sky.com/ThreadView1.aspx?ThreadId=1218&Category=UK News (which is a message board and not an official news site)

~snip~
"Reporters find clue in Maddie case"
14 June 2007

AMSTERDAM – Two reporters from the Telegraaf working alongside Portuguese police may have found important evidence on Wednesday night in the search for missing British 4-year-old Madeleine McCann. The Telegraaf reported this on Thursday.

The journalists reportedly found a towel in the area now being searched after an anonymous letter claimed that the girl's body would be found there. The Telegraaf received this anonymous letter, which included a detailed map, on Wednesday.

Maddie disappeared from a holiday apartment on the southern coast of Portugal. The towel found by reporters may have been left there by a man who other witnesses in the holiday resort town claim to have seen with a child wrapped in a towel around the time of the disappearance, the Telegraaf writes. The reporters apparently brought five Portuguese detectives to the location indicated in the anonymous letter. ~snip~

My heart is breaking....

Thanks for bringing that here colomom. I also read another article that says that the journalists got together and they hired a sniffer dog team because the police weren't. I don't understand the McCann's wanting to quash a search, their complaints early on were that the police weren't searching. What is up with them? Like these towels represent, there could be evidence there, if not her body. If this person sending the letters is a psychic they are apparently good and not out for personal fame.

In a blog, father Gerry McCann said: "We were extremely disappointed in the publication of the anonymous letter in The Telegraaf (Netherlands) claiming to know where Madeleine is buried

I thought Clarence said they wouldn't be commenting:confused:

Yes an odd thing to say, If it is their child surely they'd want to know, no matter how grim the discovery may be:confused: why is that insensitive?

I think this is unfair. My interpretation is that Gerry McCann is saying the publication of the letter is what has disappointed them. I can understand that. What parent want people speculating on where their dead childs body may be? If she is there and pictures of video are taken, the whole world will see it. I wouldn't want the whole world watching the remains of my daughter be discovered. If you recall, when Laci and Connor's bodies washed ashore Sharon Rocha also asked for people to remember this wasn't just a news story but her daughter and grandson. I think Gerry McCann is just asking for the same thing.[/quote]

This is the sort of thing I have a real problem with:-

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/0,,91210-1267634,00.html

Do these people really look like the parents of a child that could be in the hands of a paedophile?........

There's nothing anyone can say to me that will excuse the joy on that mothers face - whilst her daughter could be out there being raped or God knows what else, as far as I'm concerned if you can 'court' the media in this way (and were probably paid handsomely for it) having the same media present when the discovered remains of their gross negligence (or direct involvement) is a nothing compared to the suffering of their poor precious daughter.

Thanks Jdee and s_finch for the welcome :)

Just read at: https://messageboards.sky.com/ThreadView1.aspx?ThreadId=1218&Category=UK News (which is a message board and not an official news site)

~snip~
"Reporters find clue in Maddie case"
14 June 2007

AMSTERDAM – Two reporters from the Telegraaf working alongside Portuguese police may have found important evidence on Wednesday night in the search for missing British 4-year-old Madeleine McCann. The Telegraaf reported this on Thursday.

The journalists reportedly found a towel in the area now being searched after an anonymous letter claimed that the girl's body would be found there. The Telegraaf received this anonymous letter, which included a detailed map, on Wednesday.

Maddie disappeared from a holiday apartment on the southern coast of Portugal. The towel found by reporters may have been left there by a man who other witnesses in the holiday resort town claim to have seen with a child wrapped in a towel around the time of the disappearance, the Telegraaf writes. The reporters apparently brought five Portuguese detectives to the location indicated in the anonymous letter. ~snip~

My heart is breaking....

This is very scarey... Also I am glad they are lookin but I fear they could potentially harm evidence that could be there. Still though SOMEBODY needs to look.

Are you kidding me. These photo's were taken after Maddy was gone. OMG, Mama looks like she is enjoying the day in the park. I have looked back on photos taken of my family after my mama died. We are all smiling but you can see absolute heartbreak. I realize that I know my mom was gone, and their child is missing, but my God, I think that would be worse for me, not knowing where, when or how my baby was doing. Is she ok, is she being tortured, all the normal horrible things that are just normal to imagine. This mother shows no sign of this, and I'd be willing to bet she aint that good of an actress. My eyes would be so red, puffy and swollen. She looks great, happy as a clam.

I know everyone shows greif and stress differently, but come on!!!!

2XL I just sent you a private message...

Here's a pic of that 'mystery towel'. Doesn't look much like a towel to me..

http://home.planet.nl/~rangeeni/towel.htm

Great find, you go girl!

Hmmm, that could be a large beach towel, or a throw blanket. Perhaps with a pattern on it. They ought to be looking at all the vacation pics again that people sent and see if they can match it. In addition, go back and look at the items taken from the search warrant of the original suspects home's, including pics of contents.

Here's a pic of that 'mystery towel'. Doesn't look much like a towel to me..

http://home.planet.nl/~rangeeni/towel.htm

Thanks for the link Jdee - thats weird - looks more like a sheet? but why leave it exposed like that if it was used to wrap a body? and what on earth is that person doing - I know she's got gloves on - what? does a reporter happen to carry those surgical gloves with them? wouldn't you immediately alert the police and get forensics there?.........another aspect of this case that just isn't adding up.

Thanks for the link Jdee - thats weird - looks more like a sheet? but why leave it exposed like that if it was used to wrap a body? and what on earth is that person doing - I know she's got gloves on - what? does a reporter happen to carry those surgical gloves with them? wouldn't you immediately alert the police and get forensics there?.........another aspect of this case that just isn't adding up.

They did go there with the intent of investigating the claims in the letter, I imagine they were somewhat prepared. It's my impression too that after 48 hours and no police they started on their own.

It looks big to me but I didn't think of a beach towel...

They did go there with the intent of investigating the claims in the letter, I imagine they were somewhat prepared. It's my impression too that after 48 hours and no police they started on their own.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'Investigitive Journalism' I guess....

It does look like a sheet to me, if thats the case, I wonder if a sheet from the apartment was missing? I would hope the police would have information on that?...if Maddie was abducted I cant see the abductee carrying her out as she was, she'd have to have been wrapped in a blanket, sheet towel etc, and would the perpetrator have been prepared and gone into the apartment with such an item?

I hate putting out mis information so for the record... I got that 'towel' pic from that sky boards link someone else posted. The person that posted it said..."Some are saying that the picture is the mystery towel in question...but to base you own opionins on that...."

I agree. That pic could be from anywhere even though it does appear like it was taken in the area...

It looks big to me but I didn't think of a beach towel...

I dont think the creases in it resemble that of towelling? the fabric looks too 'flat' to be a towel I think?.......there's a real yellow tint in the picture as well, looks like a white sheet to me.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'Investigitive Journalism' I guess....

It does look like a sheet to me, if thats the case, I wonder if a sheet from the apartment was missing? I would hope the police would have information on that?...if Maddie was abducted I cant see the abductee carrying her out as she was, she'd have to have been wrapped in a blanket, sheet towel etc, and would the perpetrator have been prepared and gone into the apartment with such an item?

but didn't that witness/friend of the McCann's say they saw her wearing her pink PJ's with the Eyore on them in the kidnapper's arms? That would be hard to see in my opinion and espeically so wrapped up in a big sheet or towel...

This is the sort of thing I have a real problem with:-

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/0,,91210-1267634,00.html

Do these people really look like the parents of a child that could be in the hands of a paedophile?........

There's nothing anyone can say to me that will excuse the joy on that mothers face - whilst her daughter could be out there being raped or God knows what else, as far as I'm concerned if you can 'court' the media in this way (and were probably paid handsomely for it) having the same media present when the discovered remains of their gross negligence (or direct involvement) is a nothing compared to the suffering of their poor precious daughter.

Wow,

I too was really struck by that photo when I first saw it. So much so that I wrote to the BBC via their website to ask what date it was taken. I could not believe that it was taken after Maddie was abducted. I never received a response.

I honestly believe that I would be a complete basket case if this happened to my daughter. Even now I often burst into tears when reading about this case and looking at Maddie's sweet little face...see there I go again :( Just the thought of my daughter being afraid or being hurt just kills me.

I don't know how Kate can function. But, like I said before I have seen pictures where she looks pretty tore up, like she's been crying. I think she puts on a brave face for the public. I looked everywhere and can't find that picture I mentioned earlier.

I have been obsessing about this case, more every day. I am doing the SAHM thing and spend waaaaay to much time on my Mac, reading searching, reading, crying. I keep seeing references to Morroco. I was struck by an earlier post that said perhaps this letter was sent to throw people off so they would turn their attention away from Morroco. I think I will have to start a log of all the references I have been seeing. I also felt from the beginning that the story about "The Frenchman" was close to the truth about what happened to her. It is really strange that somebody hasn't come forward to say they have a friend or a relative who suddenly turned up with a child. I really hope that she is still alive but I think it would be really hard to hide her this long.

Thanks for letting me vent. My DH doesn't want to believe that these things happen either so I don't have anybody to bounce my thoughts off....'cept you guys now :rolleyes:

My prayers for Maddie.....

MoonGoddess,

My thought was that the sheet/towel was used to wrap her (hide her) to get her away from the resort. If the perp took her to this area right away and immediately murdered her, they might just leave the blanket and quickly bury her. I think someone this twisted would not "care" about wrapping her before burial.

Boy that was hard to write....

I felt compelled to add an entry because I find it absolutely REPUGNANT that the McCanns are being criticised so viciously by certain people on this forum. It seems their every move "proves" that they are either involved in their daughter's disappearance, or just "proves" that they don't care...the straw that broke the camel's back for me was criticism of the fact that, although they were pictured holding hands while in Morocco, they apparently weren't close together enough...I mean, please! My partner and I NEVER hold hands in public- that doesn't mean we don't have a good relationship!

I will tell you that the behavior of the McCanns that CAUSED the dissapearance of their child should be criticized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal