Madeleine McCann general discussion thread #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always believed that both Tanner and Smith were being truthful and that both saw a man with Madeleine.

Now I'm turning to the belief that both saw a man with a child, but NEITHER were Madeleine and both were simply a man with his own child. We now know Tanner did see a man who has been since been identified and discounted. Maybe the same can be said for the Smith sighting. In a tourist town, it is quite possible.

Just my own opinion. Any thoughts?

It's possible but quite a coincidence that 2 men were seen carrying a child the night maddie disappeared. Why hasn't this new efit guy come forward? Hmmmm

There was lots of talks in the media about the person with the child.
If anyone has carried a child that night, they should come forward there and then.
Person not coming forward to say 'it was me' is just very odd.
It is not like it was happening in New York, it happened in a small village.
Why anyone carrying a child would simply not say they were there with a child that night? That would help the investigation a lot!
I agree with you. Yet the man that Tanner saw, along with his wife, thought all along that it may have been he and his daughter that night, and HE did not come forward for 6 years. Maybe they didn't want to get involved with the media circus. I just don't know why.

I don't understand your meaning. ?

From your post it appears:

1. Smith retracted his statement saying it was not Gerry

2. The McCanns are not suspects

So, I'm guessing the McCanns are now ok with the release of the efit whereas they were not 6 years ago when it could have made huge headway in finding Madeleine. If SY got hundreds of tips 6 years later, I would imagine there would have been a lot more years ago if it was released and / or the man may have come forward like the tanner guy did. My question was why was it suppressed? That's how this whole discussion came about?

If anyone has carried a child that night, they should come forward there and then.
Why anyone carrying a child would simply not say they were there with a child that night? That would help the investigation a lot!

Did they check out the parents who had their children at the crèche that night? And time stamped as to when they were picked up? Did any of them look like efit?

For me, it would depend on whether or not the Smith sighting was anywhere near the car-park, as I think that is where Madeleine was taken to.

This is an interesting observation. The Tanner sighting was not on the route of the track dogs leading to the car park.

And if he did come forward or was found when creche records were revisited then it wasn't him.

But what is with the track dogs pointing?

Unless Tanner has seen a person on her way back, and on the bottom of the hill and near the car park.. this would then match the dogs route. But we are not Amaral to fit the theory into the fact, aren't we?

Did they check out the parents who had their children at the crèche that night? And time stamped as to when they were picked up? Did any of them look like efit?

Not in the first investigation. This was checked now by Scotland Yard and the PJ working with them.

Is this an old article? It says 2 days ago when I did a search but the date appears wrong in the article. :waitasec:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/06/ben-needham_n_4225840.html

Labour's Angela Smith challenged David Cameron over why the Maddie search had been given extra cash - when a similar request from the Needhams had been turned down.

Speaking during Prime Minister's Questions, she said: "Two years ago, the Prime Minister rightly agreed that extra resources should be made available to assist in the search for Madeleine McCann and yet, only months later, he turned down a similar request from Kerry Needham, my constituent, whose son Ben is still missing after 22 years.

Hi hun, so glad to be back lol, i missed ALL you guys.

No this is new it was on the other day question time, i saw it, and I agree to. Why should Kerry Needham be turned down AGAIN, when the McCanns have been given so much assitance, its not fair.

Not in the first investigation. This was checked now by Scotland Yard and the PJ working with them.

I'm guessing the only one who was ruled out was the tanner guy. What about the rest?

From your post it appears:

1. Smith retracted his statement saying it was not Gerry

2. The McCanns are not suspects

So, I'm guessing the McCanns are now ok with the release of the efit whereas they were not 6 years ago when it could have made huge headway in finding Madeleine. If SY got hundreds of tips 6 years later, I would imagine there would have been a lot more years ago if it was released and / or the man may have come forward like the tanner guy did. My question was why was it suppressed? That's how this whole discussion came about?

Well, I think in order to put the decision of "publish or not publish" in a clear light, we would need to see the entire file that was suppressed. If it was a novella of "the McCann's did it and here is why", then I understand why they discounted the whole thing.

Since they are innocent, imo, why trust part of it, when the rest should be trashed? Was the e-fit purposely created to resemble Gerry? We don't know.

All my own opinion.

Oh good we agree on something. :)

Tractorman is PJs suspect, nothing to do with the McCanns.

Yes I agree....

Hi Haden, i have done loads of reading in the last few days about this.

From what I read with regard to this guy they are simply tying up loose ends the PJ that is.

He is not the only suspect they are checking on. I believe he was only bought into the frame because he wasnt really checked prior because he wasnt actually working in OC restaurant when the child went missing not for a long time anyway.

So I expect they reviewed all this, then found his mobile number and had pinged or whatever and decided to check on him, which is cool I would think they should do that. NO problem with that at all.

However, what happened after that is the CM and other red top newspapers got hold of it, and went wild with it spalshing it all over the media, so this guy went from just checking to doing.....

He went from a young man with a drug habit and some petty pilfering to a heroin addict and blonde child snatcher for 5 euros.

From what i have read yes he did have a drug habit when he was young but when he was pardoned he turned his life around, and got a family.

Everything was just exagerrated about this guy.

Now its gone quiet again, I wonder who the next suspect will be for the guilotine or trail by MEDIA.

I went back and read loads of the PJ files about people seen hanging about and not one mentioned a tall 6ft 2in handsome African guy mooching about.

We shall see what the PJ come up with.

Well, I think in order to put the decision of "publish or not publish" in a clear light, we would need to see the entire file that was suppressed. If it was a novella of "the McCann's did it and here is why", then I understand why they discounted the whole thing.

Since they are innocent, imo, why trust part of it, when the rest should be trashed? Was the e-fit purposely created to resemble Gerry? We don't know.

All my own opinion.

My understanding is these were private detectives hired by the McCanns. Why would they implicate their clients? Perhaps the whole smith thing was too much for them and they were dumped. I'd love to see the entire report but I doubt we will ever know considering m15 was threatened to be sued by the McCanns if it was released. Our only hope would be SY releasing all or part of it. They started with efit maybe more will come out. Crossing fingers.

My guess, the same person who leaked Posh Spice, Raymond Hewlett, Pimple man, Egg man, the gypsies etc.

Clarence Mitchell.

Note the timing - Tractor man has completely overwhelmed the SY release of the efit in the UK media.

I would also ask why Crimewatch did not emphasise the HIDDEN nature of the efit. Hardly unbiased reporting.

If I was LE and had some POI's who hired PR to leak false information and lawyers to threaten against the release of the real e-fit, I know who'd be at the top of my suspect list.

I musta admit SS, I did think it was all a bit odd the timing that is. I mean how different from the Efit of the SY to tractorman. Its almost like a game of chess lol...

I mean you couldnt possibly get any different could you if you tried.

White Caucasan to tall black man....was it a red/black herring I think it was....

Something is so off about it.

WHY after all this time did someone decide this guy could be in the frame. I dont believe all that beloney about mobile ping that surely is not enough to put him the frame. He LIVED just up the road from PDL, his family even closer.

No something really odd about this.

Why didnt they check the email to our charlie about the maid who had a grudge and took Maddy?

No we havent heard anything for me this guy did NOTHING to even suspect him, no profile, no sighting nothing.......

IF he was seen in the area right by the flat at the same time as the phone then yes I would think he should be checked...but what do they have really.....

My understanding is these were private detectives hired by the McCanns. Why would they implicate their clients? Perhaps the whole smith thing was too much for them and they were dumped. I'd love to see the entire report but I doubt we will ever know considering m15 was threatened to be sued by the McCanns if it was released. Our only hope would be SY releasing all or part of it. They started with efit maybe more will come out. Crossing fingers.

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but what IS MI5? Is it a private company? My reading has been from msm, the McCannfiles and the McCannPJfiles.

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but what IS MI5? Is it a private company? My reading has been from msm, the McCannfiles and the McCannPJfiles.

Britain's domestic intelligence service. Like their equivalent to Homeland Security, I spose. Or maybe the CIA.

Why are the British media downplaying/ignoring the suppressed e-fit????

:furious:

I havent seen it mentioned once not since the so called Crime watch and the the revelation about the sighting be supressed......

Its not on any news I watch anyway. They were just concentrating on tractorman.....:drumroll:

Some refer to them as private investigators and I've also seen them referred to as spies.

I thought it was just one of the Smith's with regards to the Gerry lookalike? The other e-fit is completely different. I'm not saying that he's deliberately trying to pin it on Gerry. I'm just saying that after seeing Gerry carrying the child it's influenced the portrait more than what it would have done otherwise. If it was suppressed, perhaps that was the reasoning behind it, because it wasn't very credible. Now it might have been released in the hope that someone will come forward like they've done with the Tanner sighting. If the Smiths' sighting person can be ruled out too, then they know the abduction could have been earlier.

Must admit thats a very sensible post PC.

I agree I think seeing gerry off airplane etc, influenced their portrait.

I actually showed my care worker the Efit and one of Gerry McCann and she said she would have said it was him. I have to say she is NOT and has never followed the case not closely anyway.

I personally think once the Efit went out on CW they the police realised a lot of phone calls were saying the same.

I dont think for one minute it was Gerry anyway it makes no sense and is not logical. :moo:

Actually looks like only one of the two guys was ex MI5, and the other, the owner of the company was a fraud.
Mind you, the other guy ( the ex MI5) was co-owner of the company so he probably knew about his business partner lying.

May this be why the British Media is ignoring their report, as if they write about their report, they have to write about the sources.. i.e the guys who are actually both on the other side of the law.

Thanks for the replies. I did a little reading in the mean time and you are all correct, haden, nt and cappacino.

There was one man who was an ex-MI5 agent, but was part of a private company formed after his service.

From this article in July of 2012, it appears that the McCann's did not suppress the file, it was the British government:

"Madeleine McCann file kept secret ~ The Home Office is refusing to release secret files on the Madeleine McCann case to avoid diplomatic ructions with Portugal.

"The documents are believed to record discussions with the Metropolitan Police about sensitive details of the baffling case.

"Rejecting attempts by a newspaper to see the files, the Home Office said there would be 'specific detriment to the UK’s relationship with Portugal' if they were released.

"It also claimed disclosure of three of the documents would 'stifle discussion' between officials.

"A Met review of the case was ordered last year after pressure from the Home Office and David Cameron.

"Sources said there were 'serious concerns' within the Met that they were investigating a 'foreign' case over which they had no jurisdiction.

"Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, are convinced she is still alive. She was taken in May 2007 from a holiday apartment on the Algarve."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/329977/Madeleine-McCann-file-kept-secret

It seems there is always more to the story than scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran