Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that answers my question of whether CB destroyed the building himself. Do you think any DNA evidence could have survived 13 years?
In theory it should last at least 500 years before it even begins to break down tho certain conditions speed that up.

The real problem is how fast does whatever the DNA is on or in last. Bodies decay, cells break down and clothes rot away. Then the DNA has gone or levels are seriously reduced and there could be contamination from things like bacteria. It's difficult to extract from bones and teeth

And how much is there in the first place. CB was very careful in his rapes

It depends on how good whatever they've got is

Maybe there was an old large diameter underground drain straight from the asphalt mine entrance to the river??? (for water pumped out of the asphalt mine??)

I agree especially with your last statement.
This point came up at the end of the AM (Bute) case too with the conviction of AC, a sixteen year old and his first horrific crime. It's maybe too early to discuss it here till we get all the facts, (if they're relevant) but I think it's something we as a society are not addressing properly. It's a big subject.
It came up on the only other Websleuths case I looked at as well. A student from my daughter's uni raped and murdered. Whilst that's still awaiting trial the defendant is serving 8 years for at least 3 years of terrorising young women by flashing and looking thru windows at them. Minor crimes in a small area. He could have been caught by just sticking a photofit in local shops. But LE didn't take it seriously till it was too late. Seen as a minor crime I guess

Has anyone with Google Earth Pro looked at the "2 little tents" field in seasons when the soil is bare (no crop growth)? Just wondering if any traces of access covers?

Regarding victims reports of their attacker giving off a stale smell.. we know CB did not have regular access to a shower, what with dogs, alcohol, diesel, marijuana, stale sweat. The man clearly stinks! Evil, vile tramp! X
Not sure about that as his ex girlfriend described him as really clean and tidy, complaining that she didn’t clean for him, others said he was always well dressed with good shoes. He did however smell of oil, nicknamed the Screwdriver because of this, so that could be the smell? All quoted on previous posts on this thread

One neighbour was said to have recognised him from the photo, and recalled seeing his yellow and white VW Camper van, which German police last month appealed for information on.

They added Christian B was often seen with the VW at the allotment where he also had two dogs and where he had often rowed with locals.

The suspect is said to have been living at the site in around 2007 or 2008 after returning from Portugal, Haz.de reports.

Maddie cops search underground tunnel in city where suspect Christian B lived

For some reason, in my groggy state this morning, I thought this meant rowed, as in rowing on the nearby river with locals :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams