Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new vehicle was also mentioned by SF in the Sexta9 video. A, what translates to a 'Goods Truck" (thx @BIZCOCHO) was parked at the Hannover allotment in 2007

This again triggered my curiosity about the truck/trailer at the box factory.

The truck was parked at the spot from pre IG going missing until after LE searched the area according to Google Earth

Is there anyway the logo/writing on the truck can be identified by a sharp eyed sleuth? Has part of the roof been cut away?

lorry.png upload_2020-9-17_11-0-42.png

I’ve read nothing to say what kind of camera he was using in 2007. Only that the Exilim was used to record the abuse of his ex’s daughter in 2013 and was the same one used to download >300 abuse images, later confiscated by LE.

Possibly even the same camera that is being used by one of CB's friends at his birthday party.

I wonder if any German nationals could give us an exact translation of the following, taken from the BKA page:

“Darüber hinaus nutzte er im fraglichen Tatzeitraum mit an Sicherheit grenzender Wahrscheinlichkeit die portugiesische Mobilfunknummer + 351 912 730 680. Mit einer bislang unbekannten Person wurde am 03.05.2007 zu einer tatrelevanten Zeit im Bereich von Praia da Luz ein Telefonat geführt. Der Gesprächsteilnehmer nutzte hierbei die portugiesische Rufnummer + 351 916 510 683. Der Nutzer dieser Nummer kommt als wichtiger Zeuge in Betracht, hielt sich während des Telefonats aber nicht in dem Bereich auf.”

On Google Chrome the translation reads as:

“In addition, he used the Portuguese mobile number + 351 912 730 680 during the period in question with a probability bordering on certainty . A telephone call was made to a previously unknown person on May 3rd, 2007 at a relevant time in the area of Praia da Luz. The interlocutor used the Portuguese number + 351 916 510 683. The user of this number is considered to be an important witness , but was not in the area during the call.”

Does the German truly translate as “previously unknown”???

Betty, my German is worse than my English, terrible. But my dictionary says that "Bislang" also means: Until now/hitherto.

Personally I don't see it as a stupid question. He was asked whether his client tells him that he had nothing to do with MM's disappearance. That's not the same as murder, which is the charge they are pressing for. FF spoke about suspecting HB being the key witness well before anything was mentioned about him in the media, how did he know about that? I suspect because CB told him.

The client maintains his innocence. Asking about the discussions between lawyer and client is inappropriate and of course would not normally happen because we would not be conducting the trial on television the way Herr Wolters seems intent on doing.

I mean this is absurd - a TV programme where the prosecutor accuses the client of murder and the lawyer defends?

Farcical.

Let me ask you a question, if your client was in CBs position and you were aware of an apparent confession he had made, would you not ask him about it? In order to prepare a defence you would surely want to know what he may have said and to whom, correct? Assuming FF has had that conversation with CB, it would make no sense for CB to deny all knowledge if he knows damn well he has said something to someone.

That would be routine defence work. You go through the evidence that will be presented against your client and find opportunities to either actively rebut it, or passively cast doubt on it.

But of course, seeing as CB is not charged with anything, he has no real need to put a version out right now, given he has not see the evidence against him.

Of course, we don't know what CB will have told FF about it. He might claim it was just a joke. But then, HCW and BKA have spoke of him saying something only the abductor could know. And there's the possibility of a video in existence, which if true, CB would know about. He may therefore have admitted to some knoweldge or involvement of the abduction but not of the murder. It may be that if police do proceed with a charge, he and FF plan deny the murder but admit to a lesser charge to do with her abduction. We just don't know at this stage.

Also, don't forget, his original lawyers prior to FF quit with no real explanation as to why. It could well be to do with what you say and that during their conversations with CB it became clear he was in fact guilty and that's why they could no loger represent him if he planned to deny it anyway. In any case, being in the law profession, I'm sure you are more than aware of how unscrupulous many lawyers are and they would not care about knowing their client is guilty but plans to plead not guilty.

I just found it odd that he has been asked the same question before and given an emphatic answer that CB denies all involvement. He could have easily repeated that (just like HCW has done on the video question) but instead he paused for a very long time, then chose a carefully worded answer that deliberately avoided saying whether CB denies any involvement in the disappearance.

I think we are trying to read far too much into wording choices where there are clear technical and procedural reasons for the answer.

What would normally be happening, is the police would bring CB into the frame as a "person helping with inquiries" or maybe a suspect and appeal for info. In such a case, CB might refuse any public statement, but he might also going public - not uncommon. But CB is in jail and we have this very strange media shadow dance between prosecutor and defence lawyer in a TV programme. Especially where the lawyer doesn't have a prepared statement approved by the client, it he is my view extremely limited in what he can say about CBs views/acts

What he can do is use what CB has told him, to cast doubt on potential evidence.

IMO FF's strategy is to pressure the prosecutor by highlighting lack of charges, despite such heavy accusations.

It is Herr Wolters who has gone out on the limb here.

IMO one of the most interesting statements of HCW is, that MS and HB are not the main witnesses in the MM case, because according to him, they don't play a big part in his investigations.

So HB might not be the one, that led L.E. to start the investigation against CB.

So that HB came forward after ten years yet, seems suspicious to me.
Jumping on a bandwagon or covering his back? The timing of his contact with UK police is interesting in that case. He'd waited years by the sounds of it. Could it be that rumours of them starting to investigate CB were leaking out to his acquaintances?

If CB has no bandage on his arm at Malaga (30 Mar 2007), and if he is the perp with a bandage on his arm at Salema (7 Apr 2007), is it possible he injured his arm in the intervening days?
According to Sexta9 CB had a visible scar/mark on his arm on March 30th.
And he covered the scar with a bandage before doing his "thing" at Salema on April 7th.

As Photographer4 educated us all previously, it’s possible to extract the location a photo was taken from the exif data. It’ll give you the coordinates. It’s also possible to tell what kind of camera the photo was taken on. I wonder if those that “destroyed” his camera were able to tell LE what kind it was, and if that matches with any media of MM that may or may not exist.
You can only extract the coordinates if the photo is geo-tagged. And that depends on the type of camera you are using and/or the settings of the device used.

In the Sextas RTP programme it said CB had jaw reconstruction surgery sometime after May 3rd 2007 and NF took him to the surgery, it was to fix his teeth/jaw.
And she presented him as Mathias H:
O8ulnJy.jpg

A new vehicle was also mentioned by SF in the Sexta9 video. A, what translates to a 'Goods Truck" (thx @BIZCOCHO) was parked at the Hannover allotment in 2007

This again triggered my curiosity about the truck/trailer at the box factory.

The truck was parked at the spot from pre IG going missing until after LE searched the area according to Google Earth

Is there anyway the logo/writing on the truck can be identified by a sharp eyed sleuth? Has part of the roof been cut away?

View attachment 264330 View attachment 264331
Logo: HERZOG?

proxy-image

It's correct; bislang means up to now

This is my agro with that phrase though, Chiatos; in English, “up to now” can mean both that the person is still unknown or has just very recently been identified. I’ll opt for the former though, going by the comments here, and assume that the person is still unknown. Again, I feckin hate English! Thanks all for your input.

Or there’s pictorial/video evidence of the abuse that can be located to Portugal, but none of murder. He just concludes that he wasn’t likely to keep her alive after said abuse.
I agree with you.

Or, or the other more more chilling option, that she would be unlikely to have survived the abuse but no definitive proof.

HB first told Scotland Yard about CB's involvement in 2017, SY are still treating it as missing persons and not a murder investigation. This suggests that LE have a confession from somebody else about the murder OR visual/audio evidence. I wouldn't be shocked if it was the young lad he groomed at the kiosk who went on to attempt a heinous crime himself.

That is exactly what I have just googled, but I don't see any connection or a similar logo though.

I see something with Herzog and a special style binoculars-logo too. Hard to find on the web.

The truck looks like a older volvo truck, due to the appearence of the badge on the front. Would say it's from the early to the mid 90s.

So the Herzog-binocular-company maybe didn't exists anymore and hadn't a web-appearance maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova