DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taskforce88

Former Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is open again.

Very major cleanup was required. Posts have been removed, but too many to provide individual explanation (
victim/parent bashing, general off topic, images with no link, irreparable broken quotes or quoted post was removed, etc).

Please do not bring up all the old discussions unless you can state how you think it relates to this current discussion of CB as suspect #2.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Do NOT name innocent people (individuals who have not been named by LE as either POI or suspect). If you have to discuss someone other than a victim or a POI/suspect, use initials.

Also stop posting images of random people or children. It is a terrible violation of privacy for people to have their pictures splashed over the internet on a crime sleuthing site.

Sleuth all you want behind the scenes or in private conversations (where you can invite up to 20 members to the convo), but if it's not in MSM, don't bring it to the thread.

IMPORTANT ADMIN REMINDER:

Articles that are behind a paywall cannot be direct quoted. To do so is a copyright infringement.

The whole idea of a subscription is that the content be paid for. Members can provide the link for others who may have a subscription, and can either use the short google hit summary or briefly paraphrase what the content refers to.

Just no direct quoting from the paywalled article itself. There are actually people who get paid to surf the net looking for infringements.

Please report any and all posts that violate copyright law.

Please continue discussion here.

NOTE:

This thread is dedicated specifically to discussion of the German prisoner who has been identified as a suspect in this case. Any hint or discussion of the McCann's having involvement in Madeleine's disappearance is off limits.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please review Websleuths Terms of Service, and specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Posts containing links to FB or other social media accounts that do not belong to either a victim or an officially named POI/suspect are not allowed.

Some posts have been removed but if members are aware of other posts containing the above noted TOS violations, please use the Report feature to let us know so we can remove the post.

As always, members can discuss such things in private conversations (where you can add up to 20 members), but the information is not allowed to be posted on the public threads.

Thank you.

ETA: Typo > "now" was intended to be "not". Big difference there ;)

This post lands at random and addresses some posts that were removed yesterday and some questions relating to a list of names/initials.

Please do not discuss any tips that are being or have been sent in to law enforcement. The whole world can read here and WS is not in the business of tipping criminals off to what is taking place in an investigation.

Soliciting or discussing private messaging is not allowed on the thread. If you want to PM with someone, just do it without announcing it on the thread.

Remember that ALL images require a link to the approved source. It is a violation of copyright law not to give credit to the source of their work.

Rude, personalizing attacks on other members are absolutely not allowed and will result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

It is okay to develop a list of initials/names for major case players and other individuals who may have been named in Mainstream Media or by LE in relation to the case. For individuals that have not been named in this case, it is advisable to use initials only and a description of how they may be related to the case without using their names on the list.

Click here for an example of a list that was done in another case to give an idea.

We then link it in the Opening Post and it will get carried forward in each subsequent thread that is opened. If new names come up, just Report on the post and Moderators will make revisions for you.

Any questions, please private message a Mod or Admin rather than posting them on the thread and taking the focus off the actual case.

Thanks.

Far too many TOS violation occurring in this discussion.

ALL members need to read Websleuths Terms of Service (aka The Rules) and familiarize themselves with what they agreed to upon joining Websleuths. The two thread titled "Etiquette & Information" and "Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc" contain the most important information that you need to know. Those rules are linked in my signature line at the bottom of this post.

If it is your theory or opinion, make that very clear rather than stating it as fact. Info stated as fact must be supported by MSM links, otherwise your post will be removed.

If what you state as fact cannot be supported by MSM or LE links, your post is considered rumor and rumors are NOT ALLOWED. "I read it somewhere" does not count to support your post. It will be removed.

ALL IMAGES require a link to the source. If you post an image without a link, it will be removed. That is a total waste of your time and effort, and ours.

Mods and Admins do not have time to babysit any thread 24/7. If members can't post responsibly and the TOS violations continue in this thread, it will just be closed with access only to a Media *NO DISCUSSION* thread.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

ADMIN NOTE:

A reminder that rumors, hearsay and innuendo are not allowed at Websleuths.

It is one thing for a member to make a mistake, but members who knowingly and repeatedly disregard this policy, just because they want to discuss what they want to discuss, face a loss of posting privileges.

ADMIN NOTE:

Just a reminder that Websleuths does not tolerate snark, rudeness or personalizing, and especially toward new members who are not yet familiar with our Rules.

Address the post and not the poster. If you can't post with courtesy and respect, just don't post or you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Reddit and other social media sites and the FB accounts of private individuals are NOT an approved source of information at Websleuths (even though they are viewable by the public like the entire internet is). Such sites are rife with rumors and Websleuths is fact based (as per MSM and LE) and does not engage in rumors. Read The Rules: Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless they have specifically been approved by Tricia or Admin. Stick to MSM and info from LE.

LINKS !! ALL images require a link to the source. This is not only basic internet etiquette and a rule at Websleuths, it is a violation of copyright LAW to not credit the source by linking to it.

All of the above are not only violations by an original poster, but ALL responses stemming from the original post get removed. This is very unfair to other members whose posts also get removed in the process, even though they may contain other productive information. WS staff do not have time to edit all responses to retain context.

Profanity is not necessary and circumventing WS profanity filters is not allowed.

Please post responsibly and in accordance with Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules). They are linked in my signature. These rules exist for a reason and members who violate them are subject to a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Thread will reopen tomorrow after all participating members have a chance to read the above.

I think the only possible material evidence is a video footage or pictures of her dead BARD. Nothing else is credible.

like I said before, I really doubt they have pictures of MM dead. If they did have that, they would announce it. Alive is scarecely plausible IMO but dead? They would share that with the parents.

According to profiler Mark T. Hofmann, the contradictory statements of the prosecuters are likely made due to video evidence, without a BARD recognizable perp. Keeping trophies is usual, often by keeping the footage. Because of that, prosecuters can be convinced of the victims death.

It's hard to solve a case, that happened in another country 13 years ago. Because there is no body, parts of it, any other forensics or a confession, almost only witnesses can be the key. And finding them, is hard work that takes time.

Around minutes 2:02 to 6:45

NDR Info

Thanks for this.

What I wonder about, is victim is also not 100%?

“It is understood that he gave his testimony to police in return for a reduction of a seven-year sentence for smuggling three migrants.” So HB is getting financial compensation AND a reduced sentence. To me, he is either getting a deal and HB is involved with MM in some way but isn’t the main perpetrator so he is getting a ‘reward’ for giving the info about CB and it would explain why he hasn’t come forward in so long as he did not have an incentive OR this info will lead to CBs arrest as it’s very vital.

The article also said that a child had been raped at the 2007 dragon festival which CB may have attended.

My thoughts too.

I also think that everything released by FF is strategic - persuasion is his job.

The statement re "wouldn't let CB look after my kids but dogs OK" = OK so I know my client isn't safe around kids but he's not that bad really.

The statement re falling off chairs in UK - is this like saying "I'm getting closer...be very afraid" and aiming to get someone to come forward?

Not sure whether this has been raised before but maybe the memory sticks that CB hid aren't all his, could have been stolen from someone else and maybe he has now given up information that implicates someone else. The "horrible job" - maybe nothing to do with MM, could refer to anything - a burglary perhaps?

I'm baffled by the death threats that FF says he has received. It's a high profile case, very emotive - but death threats? Who are they from and how many? (not really expecting answers, and maybe I'm being dim but I just don't get it)
The death threats could be from people unhappy that he’s defending CB - not uncommon to receive such threats in his line of work so he’d be used to that given he’s such a top defence lawyer ( let’s not feel sorry for him given the kind of people he works with)

However it could also be part of his strategy for putting across how explosive his evidence is. Maybe he’s trying to say that what he knows is so big that people are prepared to kill him to keep the evidence hidden?

Thanks for this.

What I wonder about, is victim is also not 100%?

I think they are sure it’s MM but not 100% certain, the parents would probably have to identify her in any images/videos which they can’t risk showing them as it may jeopardise the investigation which is very top secret, not even the parents know the evidence.

The death threats could be from people unhappy that he’s defending CB - not uncommon to receive such threats in his line of work so he’d be used to that given he’s such a top defence lawyer ( let’s not feel sorry for him given the kind of people he works with)

However it could also be part of his strategy for putting across how explosive his evidence is. Maybe he’s trying to say that what he knows is so big that people are prepared to kill him to keep the evidence hidden?

If a suspect is a part of a darkweb underground society that is usually working on trade or money-business, some of them see a thread in being investigated either. So i can imagine very well, that some of them react nervous maybe.

I think they are sure it’s MM but not 100% certain, the parents would probably have to identify her in any images/videos which they can’t risk showing them as it may jeopardise the investigation which is very top secret, not even the parents know the evidence.

Yeah - but again this is why i struggle because to me identifying the person in the images would be the most important thing to do.

There is something very strange about all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper