Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN AND WHERE WAS MADELEINE MCCANN KILLED?

Espacio Exterior

We know the hour Madeleine McCann was abducted: May 3, 2007, between 21:00 and 22:00 local time.

The German police, BKA, and the German prosecutor, H.Christian Wolters, seem to set aside, for now, the abduction stage. Maybe for lack of evidence against Christian B.

Now they are centered in the killing stage. Wolters said they have evidence that Christian B. killed her. Was the VW Westfalia the crime scene?

When and where was she killed?
I fear he did what he boasted he would do -- keep a 'little' for a few days.

I think he stole her. I think he stowed her (perhaps in a cubby or beneath a false floor) and went about his days, carrying on with the teenager he was also molesting.

I fear he killed her in that scary home of his, if not smuggling her farther away.

I fear there are photos of unsurvivable abuse.

What an absolute dearth of humanity.

JMO

So the MWT doc airs on Wednesday but it's sounding like this 'alibi' is already looking less than solid.

I do wonder if FF has just tracked down the people CB was with around those weeks, found this 'fling' who can't remember what exact dates she saw CB, and they've gone with that as his alibi for now.

CB will remain silent when interviewed and if the BKA don't have strong evidence to prove the alibi is false when/if the case goes to trial, the defence can run with it. They will be entitled to have seen the Prosecution evidence by then so will know what it is they have to counter.

If the BKA do have evidence to prove the 'alibi' is untrue, it isn't officially on the police record, so the defence can just claim CB misremembered the dates or something if the Prosecution try to use it against him.

CB was asked about his whereabouts back in 2013, and given how this has all recently developed, it seems very unlikely he gave this account back then. I just wonder if CB maybe used NF as his alibi when he was questioned in 2013, which she then corroborated in a fashion at the time. The way she words her account of what happened on the 3rd now makes it sound like it is a possible alibi for CB without being too committal either way. And, this alibi corroboration could even be what the alleged kiosk argument was about when he was under suspicion in 2013 - which is another oddity if true since NF claimed in the Daily Mail interview that she hasn't seen CB since 2011!

Ms Fehlinger recalls Brueckner ringing to say he would be driving his Winnebago campervan from the town of Tomar, 200 miles from the Algarve, to her home in Foral, 38 miles east of Praia da Luz, on the night Madeleine went missing,

I don’t know if he came late that night and parked his vehicle outside and slept in there, and left that morning again, or he did not turn up,’ she said.

The couple drifted apart towards the end of 2007 and Ms Fehlinger has not seen him since 2011.

Madeleine McCann suspect was 'obsessed by pre-pubescent girls' says ex

Anastasia, 34, said Christian B admitted to her he was under suspicion in 2013.

“We had spoken about the case because the local police wanted to question him. He was nervous and seemed stressed.

...another former girlfriend, Nicole Fehlinger, told how she lived with Christian B in the Algarve...

Anastasia believes she once saw him arguing with her (NF).

She said: “I was in the kiosk and the two of them were in the private rooms.

“I heard them shouting and then he came out to the kiosk and drank a Jägermeister after another.

“I asked him what was going on and he replied, ‘Nothing is going on. It is just a friend from Portugal who is stressed’.

“I knew Christian was lying. He was sweating and aggressive.”

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B told 'sex slave' ex: 'I know what happened to little Maddie from England'

When the BKA put together a stronger case in 2017 and approached NF again, perhaps she has backtracked on the alibi corroboration, saying she doesn't know if CB actually arrived at Foral that night or not. Bit suspicious if she never even questioned CB about it afterwards though if they were supposedly together at the time. Especially given what was all over the news (and her own admission that she knew CB liked pre-pubescent girls).

Alternatively, maybe the reason she is saying "I don't know" is directly because CB told her that he did turn up there, but that he left again early in the morning. Will be interesting to see if this forms part of the timeline he gave to MWT and/or whether it was part of his account back in 2013. There was some confusion in the Press about who the alibi actually was initially, with some outlets believing it was NF and not the 'fling'. Maybe it's both, and he actually has 2 people who can't remember seeing him on the night of the 3rd.

All JMO.

What I am saying is that the ...683 phone was at least 6 or 7 km. from 5A. It may be from 6 or 7 km. to 500 km. or so.
Martin Brunt reported that HCW had an ‘idea of the exact location of the phone’. I’m unsure as to how experienced technical/cell-site analysts would be able to interpret the data. Perhaps it enables them to gauge the proximity of the call to the tower therefore narrowing the radius of the call location. They (the prosecutors) don’t seem to be concerned about the radius capacity of the mast around PDL, they seem very sure the phone was used in very close proximity to 5a & I think they’ve probably got several strong reasons for that. They’ve probably got other evidence to corroborate the cell site data. Finding the caller wouldn’t be the only way to corroborate CB’s presence at the scene. A photo or video of him in the area would suffice.
They may have a photo or video of his car (motive for re-registration) or van in close proximity, which strengthens the evidentiary value of the cell data & the factors suggesting close proximity to 5a. IF, hypothetically, they do have his car/van in close proximity, there still lies the counter argument of ‘another person drove his car/van & used his phone’. I doubt that counter argument would be taken too seriously, but it’s still an argument that could materialise.

It’s possible that they may have all the evidence they need to prove CB was outside 5a & therefore don’t need the person who called Him to confirm that. Perhaps they want the caller because the caller may have information relating to the practice of the crime or what CB’s motive was. i.e burglary.
The person who called him could be anything from a key witness, an OC worker who was tipping him off for burglaries or somebody unrelated (regarding the crime) such as a girlfriend or even an elderly lady he was mowing the lawn for.

Last edited:
30 minutes is a long time to chat to a casual acquaintance or to receive instructions/information.
Sounds more like a friend to me.

Then why this 'friend' has not come forward? If it were an innocent friendly chat, one would think that person would have come forward. Jmo
Who knows ? Possibly also of a criminal inclination and wants to steer clear of the whole business.
Might even be long dead.

Last edited:
30 minutes is a long time to chat to a casual acquaintance or to receive instructions/information.
Sounds more like a friend to me.

I never felt any joy would come of that appeal by HCW. I mean really, why would anyone, friend or otherwise, voluntarily come forward and put themselves in the public line of fire?

A. If it was an alleged accomplice of this alleged crime, then of course they'd never come forward; and
B. If it was an innocent friend call, the surrounding hysteria over everything CB-related in 2020 would equally ensure no one of sane mind would dream of coming forward in fear of getting tangled up in the hysterical tabloid net.

It always felt like it was on a hiding to nothing.

I never felt any joy would come of that appeal by HCW. I mean really, why would anyone, friend or otherwise, voluntarily come forward and put themselves in the public line of fire?

A. If it was an alleged accomplice of this alleged crime, then of course they'd never come forward; and
B. If it was an innocent friend call, the surrounding hysteria over everything CB-related in 2020 would equally ensure no one of sane mind would dream of coming forward in fear of getting tangled up in the hysterical tabloid net.

many of his past 'friends' have voluntarily talked to the police without the tabloids finding out about them. and many others went themselves to the tabloids...

many of his past 'friends' have voluntarily talked to the police without the tabloids finding out about them. and many others went themselves to the tabloids...
True, but it doesn't mean everyone would.

It wasn't just about the other caller coming forward though.
It was if anyone else had information on that number.
i.e. If anyone else may have known the owner of that phone or had that contact number in their own phone.

So the MWT doc airs on Wednesday but it's sounding like this 'alibi' is already looking less than solid.

I do wonder if FF has just tracked down the people CB was with around those weeks, found this 'fling' who can't remember what exact dates she saw CB, and they've gone with that as his alibi for now.

CB will remain silent when interviewed and if the BKA don't have strong evidence to prove the alibi is false when/if the case goes to trial, the defence can run with it. They will be entitled to have seen the Prosecution evidence by then so will know what it is they have to counter.

If the BKA do have evidence to prove the 'alibi' is untrue, it isn't officially on the police record, so the defence can just claim CB misremembered the dates or something if the Prosecution try to use it against him.

CB was asked about his whereabouts back in 2013, and given how this has all recently developed, it seems very unlikely he gave this account back then. I just wonder if CB maybe used NF as his alibi when he was questioned in 2013, which she then corroborated in a fashion at the time. The way she words her account of what happened on the 3rd now makes it sound like it is a possible alibi for CB without being too committal either way. And, this alibi corroboration could even be what the alleged kiosk argument was about when he was under suspicion in 2013 - which is another oddity if true since NF claimed in the Daily Mail interview that she hasn't seen CB since 2011!

Ms Fehlinger recalls Brueckner ringing to say he would be driving his Winnebago campervan from the town of Tomar, 200 miles from the Algarve, to her home in Foral, 38 miles east of Praia da Luz, on the night Madeleine went missing,

I don’t know if he came late that night and parked his vehicle outside and slept in there, and left that morning again, or he did not turn up,’ she said.

The couple drifted apart towards the end of 2007 and Ms Fehlinger has not seen him since 2011.

Madeleine McCann suspect was 'obsessed by pre-pubescent girls' says ex

Anastasia, 34, said Christian B admitted to her he was under suspicion in 2013.

“We had spoken about the case because the local police wanted to question him. He was nervous and seemed stressed.

...another former girlfriend, Nicole Fehlinger, told how she lived with Christian B in the Algarve...

Anastasia believes she once saw him arguing with her (NF).

She said: “I was in the kiosk and the two of them were in the private rooms.

“I heard them shouting and then he came out to the kiosk and drank a Jägermeister after another.

“I asked him what was going on and he replied, ‘Nothing is going on. It is just a friend from Portugal who is stressed’.

“I knew Christian was lying. He was sweating and aggressive.”

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B told 'sex slave' ex: 'I know what happened to little Maddie from England'

When the BKA put together a stronger case in 2017 and approached NF again, perhaps she has backtracked on the alibi corroboration, saying she doesn't know if CB actually arrived at Foral that night or not. Bit suspicious if she never even questioned CB about it afterwards though if they were supposedly together at the time. Especially given what was all over the news (and her own admission that she knew CB liked pre-pubescent girls).

Alternatively, maybe the reason she is saying "I don't know" is directly because CB told her that he did turn up there, but that he left again early in the morning. Will be interesting to see if this forms part of the timeline he gave to MWT and/or whether it was part of his account back in 2013. There was some confusion in the Press about who the alibi actually was initially, with some outlets believing it was NF and not the 'fling'. Maybe it's both, and he actually has 2 people who can't remember seeing him on the night of the 3rd.

All JMO.
Did he really go in for questioning in late 2013? I was under the impression that he didn't.

Apparently police"spoke" to him in 2013, Whether that amounted to "questioning" and how rigorous it might have been is anybody's guess.

Either way, there are numerous reasons why the caller didn't come forward and not all of them have to be viewed as suspect. Apart from which, this phone call, at this stage, doesn't seem to have any real relevance or importance to the investigation so I don't think it's worth arguing over.

As for those who went to the tabloids, I'd guess they, being CB's acquaintances, saw the lie of the land and an opportunistic payday and went for it.

So, if he wasn't questioned in 2013 he couldn't have given an alibi for where he was in 2007, meaning that police would have nothing to check against any future alibi

I remember the early reports at the time saying he never went to the police questioning but that was subsequently refuted in later ones. Also, CB himself told all his friends that he attended.

And HCW also said that CB attended.

The reason for the summons was allegedly based on a tip from a man who worked with CB at a pool cleaning service in PDL. The man phoned in the tip after watching a ZDF broadcast feature on Madeleine McCann (Der Fall Maddie McCann) on the Aktenzeichen XY program aired on October 16, 2013. The man supposedly thought CB resembled an e-fit displayed on the program.

Has anyone on here figured out what pool cleaning service this was? Like the name of it or the location? I'm interested in how far away it was from McCann's apartment.

I also have read that CB cleaned the pools at the Ocean club but I don't believe that has been verified.

I remember the early reports at the time saying he never went to the police questioning but that was subsequently refuted in later ones. Also, CB himself told all his friends that he attended.

And HCW also said that CB attended.

Thanks for the clarification.

IMHO All or any evidence can be important. Due to the "CSI Effect", we tend to expect solid tangible evidence which may not always be the case. Circumstantial evidence and the "if it walks like a duck" assumption are sometimes not viewed as strong enough for a conviction due to Reasonable Doubt. This is three different countries possibly with different laws. We can struggle in the US when different states or counties are involved. Whatever they have, I hope it is enough to get a conviction.

For reference to above post.

PANORAMA
Evidence against Christian B.
Maddie investigators search intensely for body
In October 2013, the British chief investigator in the case and the parents of the missing Madeleine, Kate and Jerry McCann, were guests on the ZDF program "Aktenzeichen XY … unsolved". Two phantom images of a possible perpetrator were also shown. Information about Christian B. was then received by the German Federal Criminal Police Office, which received the information from the viewers. The informant believed to have recognized the former work colleague with whom he was running a pool service in Portugal at the time in question. What was particularly explosive about the information was that the shop was very close to the holiday resort from which Madeleine disappeared.

Two weeks later, the BKA asked the criminal investigation department in Braunschweig for information about Christian B., according to the "Spiegel". B. was registered on the computer as a previously convicted sex offender. B. then received a letter from the police on November 4, 2013. Although it was only a piece of paper, B. was able to gather important information from this subpoena. B. should please come to an "interrogation" at the Braunschweig police station, department 1, room no. H-118. The reason was also given accordingly. "Missing Madeleine McCann (crime scene Portugal). Personal check of Christian B."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx