Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
August 2022.

It's now 2 years and 2 months since CB was declared the (possible?) abductor but definite murderer of MM.

Just noting for the records in the absence of anything useful, to this day, that helps to understand let alone back that charge up.

Last edited:
August 2022.

It's now 2 years and 2 months since CB was declared the abductor and murderer of MM.

Just noting for the records in the absence of anything useful, to this day, that helps to back that charge up.
How long did it take the PJ to realize they'd screwed up in declaring Kate and Gerry arguido/a?

Whatever the strength of the case against Brueckner, there is a case against him, we, the public can't really judge because we don't know all the information the German police hold.

There was/is literally nothing against Kate and Gerry.

ETA: Herr Walters has said both that he believes he has enough evidence already against Brueckner to press charges and that he expects to be in a position to proceed in late summer 2022, I believe?

"Become" important?

It was (or should have been!) important, pretty much from the moment Grime set to work.

If you look at the original schedule of searches Mark Harrison, part of whose job was supposed to have been to determine the schedule of searches, first drew up, you will find he made no mention of:

The McCanns' rented villa, unsurprisingly, as Madeleine never lived there.

The McCanns' rented hire car, unsurprisingly, as the McCanns hired it 3 weeks after Madeleine vanished

Clothing. Unsurprisingly, in part because Grime never had, at least a cadaver dog, trained to inspect clothing

In part because no clothing was seized until fully 3 months after the crime

In part because uncorroborated cadaver dog alerts are inadmissible as 'evidence' in English courts

In part because, even if a slight trace of Madeleine's blood had been found on any clothing, that would scarcely have been incriminating, with innocent explanations of how it got there:

Madeleine, sat on Mummy's knee or Daddy's knee.

Has a nose bleed or other minor abrasion

Blood transfers to clothing.

Hardly incriminating.

Of course, any trace of blood would have had to be minute, since blood visible to the naked human eye wouldn't have required a dog to find it.

Took a look at Grime's modus operandi in the Bianca Jones case, and you will find it exactly repeated from Praia da Luz.

According to Grime, on December 4, 2011, he took his dogs to an enclosed warehouse that contained 31 vehicles. Grime was told that Bianca was in one of the vehicles at the time of the carjacking, but was not told which vehicle was involved. Morse alerted Grime to the presence of the odor of decomposition in the back seat and trunk of a silver Grand Marquis. Keela later screened the car and did not alert Grime to the presence of human blood.

Grime testified that, after the vehicle screening, he took the dogs to an administrative building to screen the items removed from Dungey's car. Grime did not know where the objects were located in the building, and the objects had been placed in a room filled with “all sorts of things.” Morse alerted Grime to the odor of decomposition in Bianca's car seat and a bag containing Bianca's blanket. Grime later took the dogs to Dungey's house. Morse alerted him to the odor of decomposition in a room that contained bunk beds and a closet without a door.

There you have the uncanny parallels with Praia da Luz. The line-up of vehicles, much longer in Detroit than in Praia da Luz. The repeat of the pattern of stuff tested, in one spot, taken to a different spot, and tested a second time. In Praia da Luz, it was clothing, sniffed by the dogs in the McCanns' rented villa, bundled into bog-standard cardboard boxes (in disregard of principles of cross-contamination of a death scent) and taken to a gym in Lagos, there to be spread out on the floor for both dogs to trample over and one dog to bark and pick certain items up in his mouth.

Immediately following that debacle, everything was returned to Kate and Gerry, without ever being forensically examined.

Yet, from that debacle, came a canard poor Kate lives with to the present day of 'death scent on her clothes', accompanied by fevered speculation of 'how it got there' ....
Grime says he wasn't told which car was associated with Bianca...I wonder how many of the cars had child seats in..
He also claimed in Luz he didn't know that the only car plastered with posters of MM belonged to the McCanns..draw your own conclusions

August 2022.

It's now 2 years and 2 months since CB was declared the (possible?) abductor but definite murderer of MM.

Just noting for the records in the absence of anything useful, to this day, that helps to understand let alone back that charge up.
I think that’s a fair point.

There are points of coincidence between CB and the case, the Jag registration, he lived in the area, he’s blonde, he’s a paedo etc. All genuinely could be coincidental.

Specifically related to MM are two alleged drunken confessions, some hearsay about comments at the kiosk and an apparent biography in digital format… the latter made public by GA.

If HCW based the whole thing on word doc biography it must be compelling reading to make him certain that CB murdered MM.

I don't understand your response to my post.

I made no mention of the PJ or the McCanns since they have no relevance to HCW's claims in 2020.

We have to assume no credible police force would make such a claim if they hadn't examined in great depth and detail the past and still come to the conclusion they did.
What's the what with you? You seem a bit logged in the past with you dog(ged) denial.
You suggested, in your earlier post, that there may be nothing useful to back up the accusation against Brueckner. Since we (the public) don't know what evidence Herr Wolters has, we can't judge that.

You suggested, in your earlier post, that there may be nothing useful to back up the accusation against Brueckner. Since we (the public) don't know what evidence Herr Wolters has, we can't judge that.
We know some of what he has and IMO it’s not enough to get a conviction.

If HCW can back up the accusation, why hasn’t he charged CB. Given statements he has made publicly i.e. that he has the evidence to charge why is it taking so long?

Even if he has considerably stronger evidence than what we know about, IMO, it looks like it’s not enough or something has gone wrong.

We know some of what he has and IMO it’s not enough to get a conviction.

If HCW can back up the accusation, why hasn’t he charged CB. Given statements he has made publicly i.e. that he has the evidence to charge why is it taking so long?

Even if he has considerably stronger evidence than what we know about, IMO, it looks like it’s not enough or something has gone wrong.
15 yrs on from the disappearance, Its circumstantial Wolters has said , recently on the CH5 piece by MWT he admitted that CB could not be placed in Luz on the night of 3/05/2007 ,a couple of post's ago you alluded to a word doc , that if true would only talk of doing a deed, it can't be said he has written what only the killer would know, with out a body or a crime scene then there is no data point .

15 yrs on from the disappearance, Its circumstantial Wolters has said , recently on the CH5 piece by MWT he admitted that CB could not be placed in Luz on the night of 3/05/2007 ,a couple of post's ago you alluded to a word doc , that if true would only talk of doing a deed, it can't be said he has written what only the killer would know, with out a body or a crime scene then there is no data point .
Yep, what seems like a million threads ago we discussed ‘what only the murderer could know’.

From HCW’s cryptic clues, reinforced by your point above, seems likely that whatever he has is stronger on the crime of murder than abduction.

In the prior threads we discussed the potential that it was something to do with the McCanns or the T7 but to me, that is centred on the abduction.

So you’re correct that it would be difficult to prove something written about the murder without any physical evidence of a mutder.

The circle once again comes back to the only possible answer of photographic or video evidence of a deceased MM with no identifiable image of the perp.

Could police be sure, just from a photo, that the subject was actually Madeleine or that it was a dead body ?

As the McCanns do not appear to accept that Madeleine has been harmed, let alone being dead, it must be assumed that they have not been shown this photo, or if they have, are not convinced by it.

Could police be sure, just from a photo, that the subject was actually Madeleine or that it was a dead body ?

As the McCanns do not appear to accept that Madeleine has been harmed, let alone being dead, it must be assumed that they have not been shown this photo, or if they have, are not convinced by it.
The idea of some image and its run stems from that Wolters said "if we had an image of Madeleine with CB we wouldn't have needed to make the appeal", that some how is translated as to having an image but not of the alleged victim and alleged perpetrator together. IMHO

October last year.

'If we had a video of the act or a picture of Madeleine dead with Brueckner on camera, we wouldn't have had to make a public appeal. But we only have circumstantial evidence.'

Grime says he wasn't told which car was associated with Bianca...I wonder how many of the cars had child seats in..
He also claimed in Luz he didn't know that the only car plastered with posters of MM belonged to the McCanns..draw your own conclusions
There is another point, too. With the Keela-and-Morse dog combination, Grime had a cadaver dog trained to react to all decaying human remains EXCEPT blood; and a blood-dog trained to react, alone, to the scent of blood.

The problem Grime had with the Eddie-and-Keela combination was that Keela, the younger of the two dogs, was trained to react to blood, same as Eddie.

At least in England, Grime would not have been able to use Morse for that reason. Uncorroborated cadaver -dog alerts are inadmissible as evidence in English courts. It would seem that, at some point, they may have been in Scottish courts, but Scotland and England have separate legislatures.

I think because there is no forensic evidence and based on other comments HCW has made, there is only room for a video/photo to give him the conviction that MM is dead. What else could it be?

I think the McCanns latest statement implies acceptance that she is deceased and I don’t think they would or perhaps could confirm it prior to a trial of CB and conviction. Even if they had seen something and were certain, there is no way they would publicly confirm it at this stage.

I do hope that soon the German police do as they seem to be saying, bring CB to justice, if he is guilty. Unfortunately and in my opinion, he is no more than a patsy. Focusing on him could be dangerous as it could cease the search for the real culprit (s)
If I am wrong then we will see a prosecution soon.
If I am right, everyone will forget about CB over time and then where will the spotlight that has been pointing in all areas land.
Spotlights go around 360 degrees, but today stuck in only one direction.

I think because there is no forensic evidence and based on other comments HCW has made, there is only room for a video/photo to give him the conviction that MM is dead. What else could it be?

I think the McCanns latest statement implies acceptance that she is deceased and I don’t think they would or perhaps could confirm it prior to a trial of CB and conviction. Even if they had seen something and were certain, there is no way they would publicly confirm it at this stage.
Lets run with the posible image, was it in the possession of CB, if so how did he acquire it,did he produce it ? some one else took the image ? if so downloaded from the dark side ? imo Wolters can't link the two hence his remark of not having Madeleine and CB in the same frame.

Going to the second paragraph, I'm not sure that would make a difference imo, if there is a certainty of death a non conviction of CB won't alter that . Wolters publicly adds to the confusion when saying there is no evidence of Madeleines death when saying they could charge. From the article I posted a couple of post's ago.(Caveat or so its reported.)

But he admitted prosecutors have no proof Madeleine is dead, any idea how she died and no evidence linking Brueckner to her alleged murder.

Lets run with the posible image, was it in the possession of CB, if so how did he acquire it,did he produce it ? some one else took the image ? if so downloaded from the dark side ? imo Wolters can't link the two hence his remark of not having Madeleine and CB in the same frame.

Going to the second paragraph, I'm not sure that would make a difference imo, if there is a certainty of death a non conviction of CB won't alter that . Wolters publicly adds to the confusion when saying there is no evidence of Madeleines death when saying they could charge. From the article I posted a couple of post's ago.(Caveat or so its reported.)

But he admitted prosecutors have no proof Madeleine is dead, any idea how she died and no evidence linking Brueckner to her alleged murder.
Yuo can see why progress is slow, possibly even non-existent.

We can't judge what we don't know, for sure, but we can judge what we do know. And what we do know is that HCW has made (sensational, shocking, international headline-grabbing) claims that, 2yrs and 2mths down the line, just don't tally with his ongoing insistence that he is in possession of irrefutable evidence that links CB to MM's murder. That 'we have time, we're in no rush' line of his is somewhat past its expiry date in plausibility terms. That's my opinion and I see no reason for anyone to have any issue with that. And apart from the above, his promised other (pending!!) charges against CB seem to have also been put in the 'slow aisle, no rush' basket.

It's perfectly reason to question/judge the lack of progress here.

Last edited:
We can't judge what we don't know, for sure, but we can judge what we do know. And what we do know is that HCW has made (sensational, shocking, international headline-grabbing) claims that, 2yrs and 2mths down the line, just don't tally with his ongoing insistence that he is in possession of irrefutable evidence that links CB to MM's murder. That 'we have time, we're in no rush' line of his is somewhat past its expiry date in plausibility terms. That's my opinion and I see no reason for anyone to have any issue with that. And apart from the above, his promised other (pending!!) charges against CB seem to have also been put in the 'slow aisle, no rush' basket.

It's perfectly reason to question/judge the lack of progress here.
I believe Herr Walters put a timescale on his investigation of 'late summer', which it, now, pretty much is. Let's see if there are any further developments within the next couple of weeks.

Fair enough, but I think we'll still be in this wait and see position for the foreseeable future, maybe even into the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother