Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HCW said CB acted alone and he thinks he killed Madeleine soon after the alleged abduction, so it's the 3rd and dates thereafter that matter imo.

So his time at Foral, with ALE and at Arade are what’s been reported. Let’s face it, if they had a clue, we wouldn’t be trying to piece it together.

So his time at Foral, with ALE and at Arade are what’s been reported. Let’s face it, if they had a clue, we wouldn’t be trying to piece it together.
Could be, imo it's wise to listen to the little HCW says, then work from there.

Reactions: Mex

Police have ‘best chance’ at solving Madeleine McCann case in years, top cop says: ‘Something definitive’​

Speaking about the investigation he said:
“I think it’s different in so far as the German authorities have a live investigation, one whereby they have been absolutely adamant that they have the right person

They have been equally adamant that they believe Madeleine McCann is dead.

Those are are two extremely strong positions and knowing the German authorities and the German police having worked with in the past, they are generally conservative and cautious.

So for them to be so positive about their lines of inquiry so positive about a suspect and and let’s be honest, he’s a suspect who fits the profile perfectly.

JG is of the opinion that the police haven't shared all the evidence they have followed leading to suspect CB and confirms "it’s right that you hold back that information when you’re investigating. So I would like to think if this is a positive line of inquiry linked to CB and that investigation, that if they do find evidence they will be able to help use that to link their suspect to this case.”

JG's thinking is current and concerns opinion on a currently active case which his enormous experience in the field has given him the right of respect; much as those currently in the field deserve respect for the job they are doing, which has never been easy.
My opinion
That seals it for me. If Jim Gamble is telling Richard Madley his opinion on daytime telly, I don’t see any reason to continue investigating or a trial.

Could be, imo it's wise to listen to the little HCW says, then work from there.
He has mentioned ALE as he doesn’t think she is an alibi and also he spoke about Arcade. NF spoke about CB returning from Tomar in a Mirror article, I think.

HCW said CB acted alone and he thinks he killed Madeleine soon after the alleged abduction, so it's the 3rd and dates thereafter that matter imo.

I would give it a little time before that although I do think from the 3rd onwards is significant. There were too many reports of suspicious individuals being seen in the run up to the third, in particular in one occasion two together.
It would be interesting to know how those investigations worked out.

There is also a tendency to treat what is said at a particular moment in time like a fly stuck in aspic. My opinion
Your cite is dated 2020 which I do not criticise but it is a moment in time. And the case has been on-going since then with searches still being conducted.
Evidence will have come and gone as it is collected and evaluated. It will change a little with time. My opinion
I do not disagree with the German prosecutor's opinion regarding MM's death and CB's role in it. What is depressing is that the supporting evidence for it has not been ruled out but has instead been reinforced in 2022 after further investigation.
Snip
“The investigation is still going, and I think we found some new facts, some new evidence, not forensic evidences, but some evidence,” HCW told the broadcaster.

He has mentioned ALE as he doesn’t think she is an alibi and also he spoke about Arcade. NF spoke about CB returning from Tomar in a Mirror article, I think.
CB disappeared after the alleged abduction for three years according to the mirror yet in 2008 he's in a bar confessing to HeB,

CB disappeared after the alleged abduction for three years according to the mirror yet in 2008 he's in a bar confessing to HeB,
I think he disappeared according to people in the Lagos area, he went back there in 2010.

Meantime he was in Spain and Germany in Sylt and Berlin dealing drugs. He went back to Lagos in 2010 - this is all from memory but it’s on earlier threads.

Just to correct you on the HeB confession, this happened at a festival in Orgiva in Spain. The alleged bar confession was to a friend, DR in a bar in Portugal in 2017 - not much is known about the latter and the reporting is weak.

I think he disappeared according to people in the Lagos area, he went back there in 2010.

Meantime he was in Spain and Germany in Sylt and Berlin dealing drugs. He went back to Lagos in 2010 - this is all from memory but it’s on earlier threads.

Just to correct you on the HeB confession, this happened at a festival in Orgiva in Spain. The alleged bar confession was to a friend, DR in a bar in Portugal in 2017 - not much is known about the latter and the reporting is weak.
I went with HeB saying CB had drunk 2 or 3 beers before saying she didn't scream, but a caveat ought be added the Sun reports what was in Bild.

BIB. This is why i value you going back to the primary facts that have been established from solid sources. Putting aside the MM affair and speculation for a moment, we do seem to know the following *

Before 2006, he seemed to be established in Portugal, had some evidence of real (casual) jobs, lived at an address, and was known in the locale. During this time he committed serious crimes including at least one rape, and allegedly more. This all seems to have fallen apart when he was arrested and imprisoned.

We know much less about the next years. It was reasonably easy for a european citizen to live 'off grid' in those times, but coming out of jail, it may have been difficult for him to rent somewhere to live etc. It's speculated his primary employment in this period was burglar and drug dealer. But I don't think we have reliable sourcing for this in 07

He then goes back to Germany and seems to be back on his feet. Drug dealing on Sylt is hardly low key like Portugal. It's a posh island where the wealthy germans go. We know he did this as he was charged for it. How long was it for? Was he just following the summer? (I don't know)

Later still he has a much more fixed lifestyle with a registered address in Germany and/or unofficial addresses, and owning property etc until everything collapses all over again - and especially his criminal offending catches up with him

What sticks out to me is this guy is operating on the fringes of society because he isn't capable of maintaining a legit existence. Indeed his extreme risk taking, substance abuse and criminal offending upends his life multiple times, which leaves him living in a van. Even his high points, he is running a kiosk which is not exactly the life of a successful drug dealer.

He ends up starving in the streets in Italy when his crimes have gone so far he literally has nothing.

At best he seems to scrape together an existence from criminal activity. I think that is a safe assumption for the entire period as we have never heard any evidence of actual employment apart from casual work early on in portugal, and the kiosk in Germay.

I think it is a reasonable assumption that it is his need to make money from crime and the consequences of his crime are what droves his moments. He self sabotages as a way of life (common of this personality type).

As you point out he doesn't really 'disappear' - is it the case that he was too poor to live anywhere and simply followed his opportunities for more offending?

* I am sure other posters in the thread can fill in more hard info/dates

Last edited:
Following on from my last post, I think a critical question to the investigation is where did he live immediately before the abduction, and where did he live in the days, weeks and months following.

If he did not actually live around PdL (seems likely he did not) then his presence there on the day is much more of a question mark IMO

And if he really did reregister the Jag and skip town immediately after - that is suspicious. But I don't feel we really know this at all.

Following on from my last post, I think a critical question to the investigation is where did he live immediately before the abduction, and where did he live in the days, weeks and months following.

If he did not actually live around PdL (seems likely he did not) then his presence there on the day is much more of a question mark IMO

And if he really did reregister the Jag and skip town immediately after - that is suspicious. But I don't feel we really know this at all.
This may answer where he lived, and other things, whether proven facts, I can't say

This may answer where he lived, and other things, whether proven facts, I can't say
What I also wanted to say dr , hasn't got a dodgy past, unlike other witnesses, not that that concerns me about them as witnesses, FF can't say this witness is not credible

I would not call that a reliable source.

What is the primary source for the DR claim? Is there an on the record interview in a mainstream source?

ETA - i think someone said this info was in a podcast? It would be good to have the on the record quotes.

Last edited:
According to MT , CB was living in his van in the wilds of PDL leading up to the time MM went missing .Also selling drugs at local raves and sometimes staying at people’s houses.

Re the Jag wasn't it established in a previous thread that to register there's prior paper work to be completed before transfer takes place, if there was evidence wanting to be rid of, burning the car would be more suspicious imo.

According to MT , CB was living in his van in the wilds of PDL leading up to the time MM went missing .Also selling drugs at local raves and sometimes staying at people’s houses.
Did MT mention where he was living after the event and when he left Portugal ?

I would not call that a reliable source.

What is the primary source for the DR claim? Is there an on the record interview in a mainstream source?

ETA - i think someone said this info was in a podcast? It would be good to have the on the record quotes.
Maybe, but the thing re dr, I wouldn't of thought just randomly made up, and dr, now a big dj, is from Lagos, so it's quite easy to connect the 2 of them, because we know the dance scene is enhanced by drugs

Maybe, but the thing re dr, I wouldn't of thought just randomly made up, and dr, now a big dj, is from Lagos, so it's quite easy to connect the 2 of them, because we know the dance scene is enhanced by drugs

I am not saying it's made up. I am saying if we don't have his primary quote or reporting from any reliable source how do we know what he said?

I am not saying it's made up. I am saying if we don't have his primary quote or reporting from any reliable source how do we know what he said?
I think if it said a source who wanted to remain anonymous, then fair enough, but to name a person, maybe worth digging around further to find, or we could just send him a FB message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024