Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For him to register a plate in Portugal, he must deregister it in Germany. Licenses in Portugal are bound to the car irrespective of owner and are nationwide. He would spend upwards of 500€ in red tape even for an old van.

Bigger problem is: Was Málaga picture taken before May 2007??????????? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Y
our own post from the last thread linked to this, note the German sticker and the Portuguese plate:
Gonçalo Amaral says that the van image of the suspect in kidnapping Maddie has been altered : MadeleineMccann

www.portugalresident.com 26 June 2020

The Portuguese-registered camper van that Brueckner drove when living in the Algarve back in the early 2000s was not white and yellow, as police images have shown, said Amaral. It was covered in childish graffiti.

The stills of the very different-looking camper were shown to news anchor José Alberto Carvalho and beamed to the television audience.

“Is it that the German authorities came to the conclusion that in 2007 the vehicle was painted white? Who told them that?” Quizzed Amaral.

“Could it be that German or British authorities – because I don’t know who did this, it certainly didn’t come from Portugal – could it be that they released this to try and check information? See if anyone called up to say, ‘I saw that vehicle’ when of course they couldn’t have because the van looked different then..?”

If Málaga pic is related to MM's case and he changed plates in May, then Málaga must be 4-31 May? All red tape will take upwards of 2 weeks at least and still must pass a special inspection to be awarded a Portuguese plate. I'm not absolutely sure, but after deregistering in Germany he's awarded a temporary plate with a short term (maybe 3 months) to allow for registration in another country.

Attachments

• IMG006.jpg
    IMG006.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 28
If Málaga pic is related to MM's case and he changed plates in May, then Málaga must be 4-31 May? All red tape will take upwards of 2 weeks at least and still must pass a special inspection to be awarded a Portuguese plate. I'm not absolutely sure, but after deregistering in Germany he's awarded a temporary plate with a short term (maybe 3 months) to allow for registration in another country.

german-license-plate-european-euro_1_e967627eb2be2ef1eec6cfb3da018ea2.jpg
Looks like the German plate space could be under the Portuguese plate. What if it was registered under Portuguese plates but he just took the Portuguese plates off in Malaga? If the registration was half way between being swapped over... VW might still show as being under German plates for a while

Looks like the German plate space could be under the Portuguese plate. What if it was registered under Portuguese plates but he just took the Portuguese plates off in Malaga? If the registration was half way between being swapped over... VW might still show as being under German plates for a while

I don't know what to say. Travelling to Melilla with false plates? That belonged to him before? Or "genuinely false" plates? Isn't it too risky?

www.portugalresident.com 26 June 2020

The Portuguese-registered camper van that Brueckner drove when living in the Algarve back in the early 2000s was not white and yellow, as police images have shown, said Amaral. It was covered in childish graffiti.

The stills of the very different-looking camper were shown to news anchor José Alberto Carvalho and beamed to the television audience.

“Is it that the German authorities came to the conclusion that in 2007 the vehicle was painted white? Who told them that?” Quizzed Amaral.

“Could it be that German or British authorities – because I don’t know who did this, it certainly didn’t come from Portugal – could it be that they released this to try and check information? See if anyone called up to say, ‘I saw that vehicle’ when of course they couldn’t have because the van looked different then..?”

That's nonsense by GA. They need eagerly information and offer a false picture of his van to see if people are telling truth? What if I have a random picture where that van shows up? Are they wishing lose time?

Maybe as long as plates are within term, but it will be same thing for Spanish police if he has his Portuguese or German plates (unless BKA really knows nothing about German registrations).

Should I PM you my timeline and see if you can merge? Yours has more details, I was attempting to look at all the "other" missing person/murders he was potentially involved in to see if any were reasonable. With no further news on any of those cases, I suspect that he has been ruled out in many of them.
no problem if you are happy to share. ty.

Highly unlikely. Photography umbrellas (those intended for use in photography) don't have the big handles observed on this one. The ones we use are often skinny metal wire rods without handles so we can attach them to flash heads and tripods etc. This appears a regular rain umbrella in my opinion. That said, sure. It COULD be used for photography in the following ways (off the top of my head): to block light and create shadows. In the rain, if a flash is placed behind a subject (or any light, even a streetlight), depending on your settings you can get a cool silhouette shot, and possibly freeze the rain in motion.... google rain flash freeze photography images to see what I mean... I don't want to risk a copyright violation by posting someone's photos here.
Thanks, so prob unlikely, never knew you could do so much with a normal umbrella, Googled the photos, wow :)

Guys, out of curiosity, would anyone have the photos of the VW van with the graffiti on it saved that they could upload here for me to have a look at? Or even if anyone has a rough idea of where they were on the thread so I can go hunt for them?
two images here. did a search for 'Amaral' on thread 7
there might be better quality images on thread 7
Gonçalo Amaral says that the van image of the suspect in kidnapping Maddie has been altered : MadeleineMccann

That's nonsense by GA. They need eagerly information and offer a false picture of his van to see if people are telling truth? What if I have a random picture where that van shows up? Are they wishing lose time?
so Amaral is saying the VW images he showed were how the camper looked in may 2007 - All white with stickers. is he?
or is he talking in riddles?

so Amaral is saying the VW images he showed were how the camper looked in may 2007 - All white with stickers. is he?
or is he talking in riddles?

How can I tell? He said those pics were taken by PJ. But they bear Portuguese inscriptions which weren't made by CB who couldn't even speak Portuguese. So that painting is likely to have been made after 2015, when van was sold. He said he doesn't know how if it looked like that in 2007. I personally think not.

How can I tell? He said those pics were taken by PJ. But they bear Portuguese inscriptions which weren't made by CB who couldn't even speak Portuguese. So that painting is likely to have been made after 2015, when van was sold. He said he doesn't know how if it looked like that in 2007. I personally think not.
i agree.
look again at the back of the VW. malaga photo.
see how wide the 'photoshop-type blanking' is over the space where the plate would be.
why so wide if only covering the German plate area?
conclusion, it is blanking the portuguese plate.

i agree.
look again at the back of the VW. malaga photo.
see how wide the 'photoshop-type blanking' is over the space where the plate would be.
why so wide if only covering the German plate area?
conclusion, it is blanking the portuguese plate.

D, watch well Portuguese plate. Too lengthy to be covered by a square plate (anyway he only needed to unscrew it, but what's the difference to have his German or Portuguese plate in Spain?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen