Madeleine McCann - Netflix documentary on this case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They just recycle old stories to ensure they get more funding. You won’t hear this story again until six months time when their media spin doctor gets it on the front page again to secure more funds...

As pointed out, if it’s that great a lead, why has it taken 12 years to discover?

So it's far more absurd than that by the looks.

We are expected to believe its the PJ after this guy, but then the family spokesman is making statements to the Sun about the suspect? :confused:

This story is 100% BS

‘SCOTLAND YARD TIP OFF’
Mr Mitchell said that Portuguese Police’s fresh bid to close in on Maddie’s kidnapper was “action on a tip off from Scotland Yard”.

He explained: “The Yard has been doing a fair amount of work on this new person of interest and they then ask Portuguese officers to nail it down.

“If activity needs to be done, the local police have to do it even if it’s a foreign force’s investigation.

“And if Ney is the person of interest a German force will then have to get involved to interview him on their soil.”

He added: “Kate and Gerry are not in a position to comment on this, nor would they because it is operational detail and they will not discuss it.

“It is purely for the police if they choose to comment.​

... I found the docu-series while scrolling through the Netflix menu, hoping to find something that would draw me out of my head - even for 30 minutes. Then I watched the 8 episodes over 2 sittings. I had not followed this disappearance so I came to this presentation with little more than an awareness garnered from main stream media. The story hooked me early on when it was reported that Madeleine's Mother described Madeleine having been tired on her arrival home from the children's day program, and evidenced this with descriptions of Madeline at dinner, while preparing for bed and having fallen asleep before the bedtime story ended. I waited throughout the 8 hours to hear more about her activities and the people she engaged with while at the children's program and was disappointed when there was no reported follow up. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights everyone - I have been able to pick up on a few references to my wonderings. !

This I found very important also, it is a noted fact that guilty parties will often form their alibi in the initial 911 call. For example, “I just got home from golfing and found my girlfriend, I think she’s dead”. Establishing their alibi right from the start.

So I felt she was doing this, in a way to start her alibi as to why the child was alone, why the child didn’t wake up etc.

I also found the arm in arm thing extremely weird. Very robotic and mechanic, if you will.

IMO, the child was either sold to a pedo, or overdosed accidentally.

pedophiles typically do not strike at 3 year olds - the victims are usually much older

So this sort of offending would be very unusual - yet AFAIK, no other such offending has been reported

This is simply not true. If you follow child crimes often, many have a taste for the ages 3-5 and many, even younger.

There is no evidence the parents were involved. That apartment was an easy target to abduct a child from, hell of a coincidence if it was the parents given how easy that apartment was being right next to the road with the door left open. Parents who kill their child do not then spend the next 12 years actively looking for the child as these parents have.

Unless they are hell bent on maintaining their innocence, and/or lavish the attention. A lot of killers place themselves in the media’s eye.

Yeah, that's the conclusion I'm coming to as well.

If you'd asked me even last year, I probably would've said the parents did it. But now I doubt they'd spend all that money and make themselves so visible just to keep up an appearance. And I don't believe they could hide a body so well in unfamiliar territory, in such a short amount of time, that it hasn't been found for 12 years.

I

The thing is, it wasn’t their money they were spending.

Personally, I feel even if the parents are innocent they deserve to be locked up regardless. Criminal negligence causing death. They were beyond negligent in their care and deserve every ounce of guilt they have ever felt, if they even feel it.

I haven’t seen the documentary. I have until recently been adamant that the parents didn’t do it. Then I started watching clips online. I saw an interview with the mother, who described how she had discovered that M was missing. It was regarding the door to the bedroom. So they had gone to dinner, then according to theirs account of the night, one of men checked but didn’t go in. Next Gerry checked and had stood thinking how beautiful M looked. Then Kate went back, was not even going to look in the bedroom (despite not having seen her three infants in nearly three hours - maternal instinct?). But then she noticed door was open when she had closed it before going to dinner, so she went in. I thought this odd because of course if Gerry was back at the apartment before she was, he had opened the door. So she’s making odd comments re the door, what else is she making up?

They just recycle old stories to ensure they get more funding. You won’t hear this story again until six months time when their media spin doctor gets it on the front page again to secure more funds...

As pointed out, if it’s that great a lead, why has it taken 12 years to discover?

Interesting!

its a haunting case. I look at Kate and just don't feel she could have ever had any involvement. she is a shell. empty

the parents have suffered but the true victims here, apart from Madeleine,are the twins. how their lives must have been growing up, you cant just put a brave face on for young kids, they pick up on everything

This is simply not true. If you follow child crimes often, many have a taste for the ages 3-5 and many, even younger.

I didn't say such crimes didn't happen - only that they are unusual.

So that is why I asked, is there a record of such a profile around other creches, kindy's etc in the general area?

This is not the same as pedos lurking at the school gates, which sadly is relatively routine in my city

I was in the fence after watching documentary but after listening to Peter Hyatt I have no doubts that only parents are holding a key to what happened that day. Watch it and its no doubt left they know that Maddy is not alive...

I was in the fence after watching documentary but after listening to Peter Hyatt I have no doubts that only parents are holding a key to what happened that day. Watch it and its no doubt left they know that Maddy is not alive...
Why do you think they keep up the pretence?

Personally what I found interesting is that David Payne (one of the friends having dinner with the parents the night Madeleine was kidnapped) volunteered to check on Madeleine for the parents. In 2005 a couple of his friends reported him to the police for paedophilic behavior. He also claims that when he checked on Madeleine the door was slightly open so he closed it and left, which doesn’t make sense considering he offered to check on her.
I suggest reading through this :
Payne suspected of paedophilia – Madeleine McCann

Anyone have anymore information or theories regarding David Payne?

This case is so reminiscent of the Colorado matter decades ago. Staging and immediate control of everything. :rolleyes:

Shut down any hint of accusing the parents. We have seen this rerun before. We might have some questions due to this occurring outside America and not being as familiar with the way they run investigations.

Occam's razor applies here or at least in my mind. The case will never be solved because they skipped over the obvious.

JMHO

I agree with the similarities, but the McCann's were smart enough to get rid o f the body. The kidnapping theory is much more believable if the child is not found in the house or, in this case, hotel room.

RSBM.

My personal opinion on the dogs: I just kind of rolled my eyes while watching the dogs "hit"on blood/cadaver. I'm not saying that the dogs aren't capable of smelling blood or human decomposition. But the handler of these dogs was clearly leading them. And the results of the DNA testing on the areas that the dogs "hit" did not provide anything conclusive. No surprise there.

The dogs wren't led at all. There were several bundles of clothes and the dog quite clearly indicated those belonging to Kate. There were several cars and the dog clearly indicated the hire car belonging to the McCanns.

What is preposterous is the McCanns explanation. Regarding the clothes, Kate said the smell of death was as a result of her working as a GP as if GP's are swimming in corpses from 9 to 5. Even if that were the case, why bring those corpse stained clothes on holiday with you? As for the car, well obviously when your child has been abducted what one would do is bundle the missing girls belongings in the boot of the car intermixed with rotten chicken carcasses and dirty nappies. Of course you would.

RSBM.

I mean, what should we infer based on the dogs' hits? That some time after 5:30 but before 8:00, Madeleine had an accident or was killed by Kate/Gerry inside of the apartment, with the other two little ones present? And then what, Gerry places her on the shelf in the closet while they get ready for dinner? And Kate gets out of the shower and says "No, Gerry, not in the closet, I don't want my new tennis outfits ruined!" Gerry: "my apologies love, where then?" Kate: "oh I don't know, just toss her behind the sofa for now! And bring me a glass of wine!". And then a short time later, Kate says "I'll read the twins a bedtime story while you dump Madeleine, do be careful not to get caught!" Gerry, on his way out the door, carrying a concealed Madeleine: "not to worry love, I'll make it so that she's never found. Cheers!"

The Portuguese police have a less convoluted and more logical explanation, namely, she was sedated but not heavily enough so woke up, heard her father talking outside, climbed on the sofa in an attempt to see through the window and slipped, fell and banged her head dying from her injuries. She was then concealed in the cupboard (probably in the tennis hold all that vanished and has never been found) and moved at a convenient time (probably to the church where they prayed for Madeleine on the first night rather than searching for her and where they had their own keys to come and go as they please from then on.

Does this sound better than your explanation?

RSBM.

Really, does this make any sense? And then they go to dinner with their group of friends as though nothing is wrong?

ALL IMO.

Does it make sense to go running and keep tennis appointments a couple of days after the 'abduction'? Does it make sense that their family members who turned up after the 'abduction' spent their time frolicking in the pool and booking tennis lessons? Does it make sense that Gerry is laughing on the balcony days after Maddie's disappearance? Does it makes sense that Kate would wash Maddie's beloved 'cuddle cat' days after she was missing? Based on this, i think they are quite capable of going to dinner as if nothing had happened, don't you agree?

I don’t remember information about lack of photos, phones being turned off, a makeup photo, or Indian doctors. Do you remember which episode this was in?

I doubt any episode would contain such information as it was a whitewash like all official McCann documentaries. The photo of Madeleine in full make up has been printed several times. The doctors (didn't know they were Indian but assuming i'm talking about the same ones) made a formal complaint to police about inappropriate behaviour from Gerry and his pal toward the children way before Maddie went missing.

I doubt they'd spend all that money and make themselves so visible just to keep up an appearance. And I don't believe they could hide a body so well in unfamiliar territory, in such a short amount of time, that it hasn't been found for 12 years.

It wasn't their money it was either donations or taxpayers money. They have to keep up the pretense in order for people to assume their innocence based on this. They don't need to have any body hiding skills as they employed the help of the British government, The Met police and several other agencies. MI5, for example, would have no trouble hiding a body.

I too think it was someone who worked for the resort and noticed the pattern. I wonder if the police bothered to check employees who quit once this story blew up. No one expected this to become the sensation it did, and at the first signs, I'm sure any employee involved would've left.

Employees didn't quit, they were all sacked. Every employee that was working at the Tapas that night has been sacked and so too the cleaners that cleaned the apartment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back