Found Safe Madeline Rivera-Cordon, 12 y.o. Missing from Long Island

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cp0510

Reaction score
Police Searching For Suffolk Girl, 12, Missing Since Wednesday Night

RONKONKOMA, NY — Suffolk police say they are looking for a 12-year-old Ronkonkoma girl who has been missing for about two days.

Madeline Rivera-Cordon was last seen leaving her home on Pond Road on Wednesday at about 7 p.m., said police, adding that detectives believe she might be in Brentwood, Central Islip, or Patchogue.

Rivera-Cordon is Hispanic, 4 feet 8 inches tall, and about 80 pounds, and she has brown eyes and brown hair.

IMHO Maybe it is just the way the news release is written but it doesn't sound like LE are sure about what happened. Not much press for a missing 12 year old. Missing "about" 2 days. No reason why she might be in Brentwood, Central Islip, or Patchogue. Sad

Was she living at home with both parents or is that something we don’t know?
None of the reports have said. It just seems odd? If her parents lived separately I feel like that would be easy to confirm. 12 years old is so young. I have to wonder if they’re keeping additional information out of the news for some reason.

You only have to scroll back through this thread to see the 12 and even 10 year olds who are missing. No further info on them. Presume that many are found but that their cases are not updated.

Same applies to the many cases of endangered senior citizens and persons with difficulties, whether mental or physical.

There is no feedback to confirm whether they have been found and there cannot be countless remains out there. IMO

Ronkonkoma is a small town, so it seems to me that the residents would at least be familiar with what goes on there -- the good and the bad. I assume this town would have a police station -- maybe the parents/guardians don't want any publicity -- no idea.
A 12 y/o is indeed a child, and she could be a runaway; or she went for a walk and hurt herself so that she cannot walk; a kidnap; hiding from parents or guardians, etc.

Darkness is starting to set in earlier now, and the temperature will start to get a bit colder as well.
She needs to be found.
---------------------------------
A bit about Ronkonkoma --
Ronkonkoma is a hamlet and census-designated place on Long Island in the Town of Islip, New York, United States. Its population was 19,082 at the 2010 census. The Ronkonkoma post office has the ZIP Code 11779, and serves parts of several hamlets and CDPs adjacent to Ronkonkoma. Wikipedia

I’ve been here long enough. I get it. I just don’t like it.
Hmmmm.
Hoping things are happening to find her, but perhaps the media/press, etc., does not cover this small town very often. Also hoping the town is concerned about this little girl as well. A picture would help.
Maybe this is a very tightly-knit town and the residents do not want negative press.
Prayers for her safety.

Ronkonkoma is a good size town in the center of L.I, i grew up not far.there is a train station with a direct connection to the city and an airport.

She may be in Brentwood or Bayshore, which has a high Spanish speaking population, so that makes sense, but it also has a gang problem, I was a bilingual teacher in the district and I had students as young as her being groomed for a gang, so I hope that is not the case here, but I am worried.

Last edited:
Nothing new, but adding her picture to the thread.

1666513794967.png

She is only 4 ft 8, and 80 lbs. That seems very tiny for a 12 yr old?
I was about that size and weight at 12. My height now is 5 ft, and I weigh about 110 lbs, and I am a very grown woman.
So those stats for her seem okay to me.

What a beauty she is -- just that frightens me for her safety.
Hoping for good news soon.

Thanks for the earlier post, @Trebor5591. Good info.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just had dinner tonight in Patchogue. Had heard nothing of this case. MOO: <modsnip> I just spent an hour on LI roads and would keep my eyes peeled for any car.

Last edited by a moderator:
So odd with the limited press coverage. I’m hoping that’s because the police know something they’re not releasing for some reason? But then how would the press even know that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back