Found Safe Madeline Rivera-Cordon, 12 y.o. Missing from Long Island

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So odd with the limited press coverage. I’m hoping that’s because the police know something they’re not releasing for some reason? But then how would the press even know that?
They wouldn’t, specifically. But they’re familiar with past similar cases. Certainly past performance is not indicative of future returns, as we say in finance …

MOO
but I believe that these reporters know that past similar cases have generally resulted in the victim found a week or two later, in a motel or in a run-down apartment, with a man who the very young victim romantically trusted and often few other men who sourced a revolting opportunity online. I believe that these reporters also know that anything they write has to get scrubbed after in care of the victim, and they know the family will be extremely upset with them regardless of outcome, and advertisers won’t love their car dealership ad or whatever popping up alongside this story. It’s perhaps extremely unfair with respect to the victim and her family. If nothing else, I hope we all look at this story and ask ourselves what we can do to help. I will continue to have my eyes peeled here.

She is only 4 ft 8, and 80 lbs. That seems very tiny for a 12 yr old?
It happens. My best HS friend topped out at 4'11" and 88-92 lbs - bane of her existence. She was that size at least through college graduation. Both her parents were petite.

They wouldn’t, specifically. But they’re familiar with past similar cases. Certainly past performance is not indicative of future returns, as we say in finance …

MOO
but I believe that these reporters know that past similar cases have generally resulted in the victim found a week or two later, in a motel or in a run-down apartment, with a man who the very young victim romantically trusted and often few other men who sourced a revolting opportunity online. I believe that these reporters also know that anything they write has to get scrubbed after in care of the victim, and they know the family will be extremely upset with them regardless of outcome, and advertisers won’t love their car dealership ad or whatever popping up alongside this story. It’s perhaps extremely unfair with respect to the victim and her family. If nothing else, I hope we all look at this story and ask ourselves what we can do to help. I will continue to have my eyes peeled here.
Well said. Unfortunately.

This young girl needs to be found. People need to know that she is missing. We shouldn't 'guess' that she is just the type to run off with someone.
If only life were simple.
<sigh>

Well said. Unfortunately.

This young girl needs to be found. People need to know that she is missing. We shouldn't 'guess' that she is just the type to run off with someone.
If only life were simple.
<sigh>
There are sadly some ways in which guessing might be helpful. For example: (my own opinion and thoughts here) I think it’s unlikely she’s far beyond Suffolk and Nassau Counties or maybe the Bronx on the outside. Let’s say Suffolk and Nassau. There are 20-25 no-tell motels that account for easily 80% of the arrests related to human trafficking. I hope they release a pic of who they suspect (no name necessary) with several pics of her (as unposed as possible, hopefully provided by family, again no name necessary) and the message that is delivered by police who are known to these motels is, call us when you see one or both of these people and it’s worth 3K cash to you when we confirm it and recover that person or those persons. Crimestoppers type strategy. Also, again MOO, I hope Suffolk asks the FBI for help screening and facial-recognizing the sites in which business of this disgusting type is transacted. It used to all be Craigslist and Backdoor. Now it’s many gross tunnels of humanity. The Federal government and nonprofits are far more experienced and better positioned to research and navigate those.

There are sadly some ways in which guessing might be helpful. For example: (my own opinion and thoughts here) I think it’s unlikely she’s far beyond Suffolk and Nassau Counties or maybe the Bronx on the outside. Let’s say Suffolk and Nassau. There are 20-25 no-tell motels that account for easily 80% of the arrests related to human trafficking. I hope they release a pic of who they suspect (no name necessary) with several pics of her (as unposed as possible, hopefully provided by family, again no name necessary) and the message that is delivered by police who are known to these motels is, call us when you see one or both of these people and it’s worth 3K cash to you when we confirm it and recover that person or those persons. Crimestoppers type strategy. Also, again MOO, I hope Suffolk asks the FBI for help screening and facial-recognizing the sites in which business of this disgusting type is transacted. It used to all be Craigslist and Backdoor. Now it’s many gross tunnels of humanity. The Federal government and nonprofits are far more experienced and better positioned to research and navigate those.
And there are tons of gangs in the Bronx... if you think it's glamorous and want to be found by one, I am absolutely certain a person could make that happen.

And there are tons of gangs in the Bronx... if you think it's glamorous and want to be found by one, I am absolutely certain a person could make that happen.
True, I mean, I watched Yankees postgame too ;)

<modsnip> She’s already traumatized. I am firmly confident that the DV shelters and family care nonprofits in the area will ask proactively to help contribute to her care when she is found.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of gangs on L.I, imho she doesn't need to go that far. I would also guess that motels are less likely than her being in a house somewhere in the brentwood, C.I area. It would be risky bringing a young girl like her there.

There are just so many of these cases.
Nassau County is between Suffolk (where this story is based) and New York City. They post releases about missing juveniles in their Nassau County PD press room online:

Sunday, Oct 23, Nicholas Wollweber, 18, vulnerable, male
Saturday, Oct 22 - 14yo T.G., female (found)
Thursday, Oct 14, Ivan Sorto, 15, male
Friday, Sept 2, Nia Jackson-McGowan, 15, female

This is just Nassau. There are at least three others in Suffolk in this time, including Patricia Quintanilla, 18, vulnerable, female.
I get where the press could regard these as almost non-stories now. Sad world we live in. Glad that social media has picked up some of the slack. There is social media chatter on all of these cases getting actively shared by people who care - so that’s great.

PIX11 came out with a story today on the missing girl, Madeline Rivera-Cordon, and went to the home of the missing girl and knocked on the door.

The woman who answered said Madeline's mother, an immigrant from Honduras, was at work, but said Madeline and her mother lived in the basement of the house. No mention of a father.

The reporter went around and knocked on doors and showed Madeline's photo to them, and none of them recalled ever seeing her before, although there were a lot of children at the house.

An off-duty NYPD police officer who lives behind her house said “I had seen a lot of cars there, but I do not know how many people live there,”

The reporter said that many missing children in the area were being exploited by gangs,

PIX11 came out with a story today on the missing girl, Madeline Rivera-Cordon, and went to the home of the missing girl and knocked on the door.

The woman who answered said Madeline's mother, an immigrant from Honduras, was at work, but said Madeline and her mother lived in the basement of the house. No mention of a father.

The reporter went around and knocked on doors and showed Madeline's photo to them, and none of them recalled ever seeing her before, although there were a lot of children at the house.

An off-duty NYPD police officer who lives behind her house said “I had seen a lot of cars there, but I do not know how many people live there,”

The reporter said that many missing children in the area were being exploited by gangs,

I was raised pretty rigorously Catholic, can invoke scripture with the best of them, I’m modern secular capitalist American woman in New York City now. That said,
What is done upon the least of us is done onto US.

I pray hard that she is found and I will take active steps, when she is found, to help her and to endow some services for her. We lift our lamp beside the golden door here. Worth googling.

Madeline has been found safe and there was an arrest. :D

COPIAGUE, N.Y. (PIX11) – An 18-year-old man was arrested after a missing 12-year-old Ronkonkoma girl was found at his home on Long Island Friday morning, police said.

The girl, who was missing for more than a week, was found unharmed at the man’s home on Chestnut Place in Copiague, according to the Suffolk County Police Department.

The 18-year-old man – whose identity hasn’t been released – was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, police said.

No additional information about the situation was immediately available.

The girl was first reported missing on Oct. 19 after she was seen leaving her home in Ronkonkoma, authorities said.

COPIAGUE, N.Y. (PIX11) – An 18-year-old man was arrested after a missing 12-year-old Ronkonkoma girl was found at his home on Long Island Friday morning, police said.

The girl, who was missing for more than a week, was found unharmed at the man’s home on Chestnut Place in Copiague, according to the Suffolk County Police Department.

The 18-year-old man – whose identity hasn’t been released – was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, police said.

The girl was first reported missing on Oct. 19 after she was seen leaving her home in Ronkonkoma, authorities said.
Thank you so much for posting this!!

I was raised pretty rigorously Catholic, can invoke scripture with the best of them, I’m modern secular capitalist American woman in New York City now. That said,
What is done upon the least of us is done onto US.

I pray hard that she is found and I will take active steps, when she is found, to help her and to endow some services for her. We lift our lamp beside the golden door here. Worth googling.
Thank you. You are a wonderful person.
That's all I want to say at this point.

Can we be certain the found girl is Madaline? Since she is not named in the story. But then, I am not aware of any other "missing 12-year-old Ronkonkoma girl".

Last edited:
SBM
An 17-year-old Copiague boy was arrested at his home ...[snip]...the suspect is eligible for youthful offender status his name is not being released.

SBM
The man was charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

SBM
...was found unharmed at the teen’s home on Chestnut Place in Copiague,... [snip] Editor’s note: Police initially said the suspect was 18 years old. They later issued a correction notice that he is 17.

Can we be certain the found girl is Madaline? Since she is not named in the story. But then, I am not aware of any other "missing 12-year-old Ronkonkoma girl".
It appears the girl is Madeline given the Pond Road location stated in both the article published when she went missing and the article reporting on her recovery. MOO

SBM
The girl was reported missing from her Pond Road residence on Oct. 19.
#

RSBBM
...last seen leaving her home on Pond Road...
Police Searching For Suffolk Girl, 12, Missing Since Wednesday Night

RONKONKOMA, NY — Suffolk police say they are looking for a 12-year-old Ronkonkoma girl who has been missing for about two days.

Madeline Rivera-Cordon was last seen leaving her home on Pond Road on Wednesday at about 7 p.m., said police, adding that detectives believe she might be in Brentwood, Central Islip, or Patchogue.

Rivera-Cordon is Hispanic, 4 feet 8 inches tall, and about 80 pounds, and she has brown eyes and brown hair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back