"Make him stop" - Casey to Baez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From seeing her reaction to Ashton, I think I can conclude in my own mind what the video of Casey on December 11, 2008 reveals in the jail.

The "make him stop" reminded me of her reaction when she didn't like what Leonard Padilla was saying to her at their first meeting, and she ordered him out of 'her' house.

If something is not agreeable to her, she likes them/it to go away. Kind of like what she did to Caylee.
I replayed the Orlando Sentinel video several times, and while JA is describing the layers of duct tape, Casey also tells AL "make him stop" and AL says "I can't." If you turn the volume up, you can hear it, although it is much more faint than when she tells JB. I agree with you. I think she is very angry that she has to sit there and listen and face up to what she did to Caylee. Mr. Ashton told it like it is... and Casey has NEVER been made to face up to anything. Those tears are not of remorse or guilt, they are of anger IMO.

Slightly OT, but did anyone else notice when AL was going on about the death penalty and Casey teared up, that between dabbing her eyes, she looked up with her right eye while dabbing her left to see if her tears were having any effect on the judge? It was a very brief action, but it did happen.

It seems to me that we have a trio of people who want to make it stop, Casey, GA and CA. The usual family ploy if they can't control an event is they leave or get the offending party to leave. Getting up and storming out when Ashton was speaking certainly wasn't adult behavior on the part of the elder Anthonys. I think they see the proceedings as an attack on all of them. They claim they want the truth, but they really don't. They only want a truth that's acceptable to them.

This whole family is capable of compartmentalizing their various realities or dismissing them altogether. So Casey killed Caylee, and then she simply dismissed that reality, and went on to a new one. The elder Anthonys dismissed it too, and went onto their Casey is innocent reality.

Yesterday we witnessed two versions of make it stop or make him stop. Both versions from 3 Anthonys who can't stand to be held accountable.

Maybe that "Make It Stop" was because she didn't want her parents to hear a possible scenario of how she murdered Caylee. Does she not realize that it's all coming out at trial? That yesterday was just a taste? I guess she does now.

Her breakdown kinda thing was REALLY hard on me. and I cant explain that because I dont understand it myself.

It occured to me while I was awake thinking about this (this wasnt the reason I was up but as long as I was up, it was in my mind) and I wonder how much KC knew they knew before that moment.

I assumed from papers and her radio she must know what's been released even if her lawyers didnt tell her. and I cant believe the lawyers wouldnt tell her what to expect, and no way do I think AL did not expect exactly what happened.

but if KC did not yet realise just how much the state learned since her arrest that goes a little way towards making more sense of the reaction.

quite a few people feel KC can only feel anger - I dont know that this is true, as I do believe I saw some regret or at least not wanting to face something. and no matter whether she is a sociopath or not you can be quite sure if nothing else she regrets the path she's taken.

I dont know if I am a fool to just keep hoping there is true regret for the little girl whose life she took. no matter what else I feel that is important.

I replayed the Orlando Sentinel video several times, and while JA is describing the layers of duct tape, Casey also tells AL "make him stop" and AL says "I can't." If you turn the volume up, you can hear it, although it is much more faint than when she tells JB. I agree with you. I think she is very angry that she has to sit there and listen and face up to what she did to Caylee. Mr. Ashton told it like it is... and Casey has NEVER been made to face up to anything. Those tears are not of remorse or guilt, they are of anger IMO.

I didn't see and tears on KC's face yesterday - under eye wiping and nose dabbing, yes, but if she was "sobbing" as it's being described in the media, her face would have been soaked with tears. While AL was comforting her, she didn't even use her tissue once.

We have seen KC crying before - it was when she was in prison garb with Jose. I think it was when They wanted the bond reduced and Strickland said that the truth and Miss Anthony are strangers.

I'm trying to find that video. I want to compare them.
be back . . .

still searching but a still photo here
http://investigation.discovery.com/blogs/criminal-report/casey_anthony_full_coverage/timeline/images/casey-anthony-crying02.jpg

The "make him stop" reminded me of her reaction when she didn't like what Leonard Padilla was saying to her at their first meeting, and she ordered him out of 'her' house.

If something is not agreeable to her, she likes them/it to go away. Kind of like what she did to Caylee.

I had forgotten about that particular incident, but I believe you hit the nail on the head.

Her display yesterday I believe was a result of an unexpected description of a possible scenario regarding Haleigh's death. Up to now, she's been attending hearings that basically were attorney arguments over motions and were based on what I call "lawyer lingo". Yesterday was her introduction to what's around the corner.

When Ashton began to describe a possible scenario and why, her initial reaction, from what I perceived was a slight shaking of the head "no", which indicates to me, she knows EXACTLY what happened. I go back to my belief that the duct tape was used to keep the body fluids from leaking from Caylee's nose and mouth after she found her drowned in the pool. When KC realized she could not steer the words being spoken in court, she felt trapped as she couldn't run away and had to sit there and listen to it. All of which she's not accustomed to. Up to now, she's been sitting in jail probably believing that this will all be over soon. That she will be found not guilty because she told her attorneys "she didn't do this". KC seems to have a talent of believing her own lies and I'm told this is a characteristic of a true sociopath. Of the defense team, AL is her only saving grace as Baez in my eyes does her no good whatsoever. Only my opinion, of course but AL is a sharp cookie and we don't know what she's got up her sleeve. Her experience and reputation speak well for her. Irregardless, when KC was in the throes of her crying jag yesterday, it reminded me of something Cindy said in the first days on the stand. "KC has lied in the past but we always get to the bottom of it" or something to that affect. That's where KC was yesterday, "at the bottom of it". As I have said, I still feel that the death was accidental. For all we know, she got hold of whatever was in that bottle and drank it. She died and KC spent days trying to figure out how to cover it up. She knew she couldn't admit what had happened. Her getting into trouble was more important than revealing the truth, something she was never taught the value of. This could be a confession that may keep her from the death penalty and would save her life. Again, this is only my opinion.

I cannot criticize GA and CA at this point. I see the destruction in their faces, their physical changes and at this point I am actually concerned for CA. While waiting for the elevator yesterday, she was clinging to the wall. That is not the CA we've seen before. They have many hard days ahead. I hope Brad is looking out for them.

HONESTLY, COULDN'T IT BE ARGUED . . . .

That her reaction is that of a mother who is reacting to the grisley details of her daughters death? I just keep wondering that. I've read many comments supporting the prosecution here, but shouldn't a mother cry when hearing how her child died??

It's just a question to ponder, though I actually DO support the possibility that her tears are totally self-serving, or even her grasping the reality of her situation for the very first time.

CONGRATS and THANKS to all you sleuths who caught the "make him stop" in the audio. All I can say is WOW, what ears you have! I'm truly impressed.

But I didn't see tears.

What I saw was one pissed off female. She was mad, real mad. And While mad, she hid her face. All we see is a peek a boo of her RED face. Which could also be from anger. The heaving chest.. again....

When she was done.. where was the super wet face that such a crying fit should have caused? Where was the streaks of mascara? The runny nose? There was no evidence that she had a massive crying fit of grief.

There was no evidence, cause it did not happen.

She, JB and AL was trying to control her rage in public. AL didn't comfort her, cause she didn'tneed it. She restrained her, which is what she needed. A firm grip. JB told her what for, and she hides her face from view.

The whole mess was good for JB and AL. Their client is a hot rocket, ready to explode. Their client needs to learn to deal with this, before being in front of a jury. If that happened in front of a jury... OUCH!

Her display yesterday I believe was a result of an unexpected description of a possible scenario regarding Haleigh's death. Up to now, she's been attending hearings that basically were attorney arguments over motions and were based on what I call "lawyer lingo". Yesterday was her introduction to what's around the corner.

When Ashton began to describe a possible scenario and why, her initial reaction, from what I perceived was a slight shaking of the head "no", which indicates to me, she knows EXACTLY what happened. I go back to my belief that the duct tape was used to keep the body fluids from leaking from Caylee's nose and mouth after she found her drowned in the pool. When KC realized she could not steer the words being spoken in court, she felt trapped as she couldn't run away and had to sit there and listen to it. All of which she's not accustomed to. Up to now, she's been sitting in jail probably believing that this will all be over soon. That she will be found not guilty because she told her attorneys "she didn't do this". KC seems to have a talent of believing her own lies and I'm told this is a characteristic of a true sociopath. Of the defense team, AL is her only saving grace as Baez in my eyes does her no good whatsoever. Only my opinion, of course but AL is a sharp cookie and we don't know what she's got up her sleeve. Her experience and reputation speak well for her. Irregardless, when KC was in the throes of her crying jag yesterday, it reminded me of something Cindy said in the first days on the stand. "KC has lied in the past but we always get to the bottom of it" or something to that affect. That's where KC was yesterday, "at the bottom of it". As I have said, I still feel that the death was accidental. For all we know, she got hold of whatever was in that bottle and drank it. She died and KC spent days trying to figure out how to cover it up. She knew she couldn't admit what had happened. Her getting into trouble was more important than revealing the truth, something she was never taught the value of. This could be a confession that may keep her from the death penalty and would save her life. Again, this is only my opinion.

I cannot criticize GA and CA at this point. I see the destruction in their faces, their physical changes and at this point I am actually concerned for CA. While waiting for the elevator yesterday, she was clinging to the wall. That is not the CA we've seen before. They have many hard days ahead. I hope Brad is looking out for them.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. can you tell me if you have an opinion on why KC remains silent with her life on the line if this were an accident?

I dont want to sound argumentative, I am not trying to be :biglaugh: I just started thinking yesterday after another poster (forgot who, sorry!) said that for them, KC's continued silence all the way to the stresses of facing the death penalty make a reality of an accident seem much less likely - cause she is in a lot more trouble if they think she murdered caylee than if it were an accident.

KC acts just like her parents.........they show anger first, I see very few real tears .........
If they don't want to hear or see something they leave,
KC had to stay there alone was madder than a little wet hen.........IMO

But I didn't see tears.

What I saw was one pissed off female. She was mad, real mad. And While mad, she hid her face. All we see is a peek a boo of her RED face. Which could also be from anger. The heaving chest.. again....

When she was done.. where was the super wet face that such a crying fit should have caused? Where was the streaks of mascara? The runny nose? There was no evidence that she had a massive crying fit of grief.

There was no evidence, cause it did not happen.

She, JB and AL was trying to control her rage in public. AL didn't comfort her, cause she didn'tneed it. She restrained her, which is what she needed. A firm grip. JB told her what for, and she hides her face from view.

The whole mess was good for JB and AL. Their client is a hot rocket, ready to explode. Their client needs to learn to deal with this, before being in front of a jury. If that happened in front of a jury... OUCH!

We have extensive coverage here on several news channels. We're are very close to Orlando and the case updates are never far away. We have many videos of the same coverage yesterday from many sources and I can tell you there are plenty of tears that are visible. This was not an act. Out of all the times, she should have cried, it should have been like this. Unfortunately that hasn't happened until now. I don't see how this kind of emotion would have hurt her in front of a jury. Can you explain please?

Do I have this sequence right? She is listening to Aston, leans over, in anger/frustration and tells her attorney to "make it stop" He replies he can't, and THEN she begins to cry?

So is she crying because she isn't getting her way? Is she crying because, while Ashton has some of the scenario right...he is off by just a few facts and she and only she knows what happened....and she can't correct him and how dare he paint her this way? So he is making her look like a more heinous killer than just a plain old killer. And she is indignant.

(I am thinking about the part where he states that Caylee looked at her killer as she was dying...I am betting she was already drugged and unconscious before the tape was applied....KC doesn't like this and is mad)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. can you tell me if you have an opinion on why KC remains silent with her life on the line if this were an accident?

I dont want to sound argumentative, I am not trying to be :biglaugh: I just started thinking yesterday after another poster (forgot who, sorry!) said that for them, KC's continued silence all the way to the stresses of facing the death penalty make a reality of an accident seem much less likely - cause she is in a lot more trouble if they think she murdered caylee than if it were an accident.

I think she's being coached by her attorneys to save the story for the trial. I really do. They keep saying, her story will be told! Why not tell it now and get it over with? I agree but, that's what I think is happening.

Do I have this sequence right? She is listening to Aston, leans over, in anger/frustration and tells her attorney to "make it stop" He replies he can't, and THEN she begins to cry?

So is she crying because she isn't getting her way? Is she crying because, while Ashton has some of the scenario right...he is off by just a few facts and she and only she knows what happened....and she can't correct him and how dare he paint her this way? So he is making her look like a more heinous killer than just a plain old killer. And she is indignant.

(I am thinking about the part where he states that Caylee looked at her killer as she was dying...I am betting she was already drugged and unconscious before the tape was applied....KC doesn't like this and is mad)

OR Patty, she was already drugged and slipped into the pool. The tape may have come afterward.

I didn't see and tears on KC's face yesterday - under eye wiping and nose dabbing, yes, but if she was "sobbing" as it's being described in the media, her face would have been soaked with tears. While AL was comforting her, she didn't even use her tissue once.

We have seen KC crying before - it was when she was in prison garb with Jose. I think it was when They wanted the bond reduced and Strickland said that the truth and Miss Anthony are strangers.

I'm trying to find that video. I want to compare them.
be back . . .

still searching but a still photo here
http://investigation.discovery.com/blogs/criminal-report/casey_anthony_full_coverage/timeline/images/casey-anthony-crying02.jpg

Nope, didn't see any of that yesterday.

Nope, didn't see any of that yesterday.

I just don't even know what to say to that. I won't even try to argue the point because these are only our opinions. But, to me, there's no way she could have faked that. IMO, she was feeling that right to her core.

I don't blame CA for leaving the courtroom when Ashton was describing that Caylee was not able to breathe due to the duct tape. She must have felt as though she was smothering herself to imagine that yet, she's being criticized for doing so. I realize that her past actions have left many calloused toward her and GA but, they are human and they loved their grandaughter dearly. I know, I know, then why did they do this or why didn't they do that but at some point, they have natural human emotions that they also are having to finally deal with due to KC's actions. Their reality is setting in too.

I'm not buying the crying...she was ticked off and trying to cry crocodile tears!

She goes from this:

kccry1.jpg

To this, in one minute and 18 seconds (if I did the math right):

kccry2.jpg

I'm not buying the crying...she was ticked off and trying to cry crocodile tears!

She goes from this:

kccry1.jpg

To this, in one minute and 18 seconds (if I did the math right):

kccry2.jpg

She's had a lot of practice and she's good at it. Once the conversation went back to the "lawyer lingo", she pulled herself together. AL already knew when she left her side, she was going to change the conversation as she'd already received a request from KC to "make it stop"......and she did.

Video kindly posted on youtube by Patty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UECWMtKeA&feature=related

2.00 min mark for Casey reaction.

From watching the video: I don't know ... so I'm asking: do others usually have the privilege of being able to cozy up to their lawyers, and hide in them, as KC was? Do those lawyers usually hold their hand/arm, and protectively hover over them? Just seems KC gets away with special privileges all the time. Maybe it's happened before, I've just never seen it.

Also: She does seem to cry .. but she certainly takes ALLOT of time wiping her eyes and making sure they're properly cleaned off, and no makeup is disturbed. My goodness! Also, she STILL makes sure she just lightly brushes her hair back, so it looks good, stays in the same style ... instead of just putting it behind her ears for convenience.

She is REALLY concerned on appearance ... no matter what the situation and cost. That really does point to narcissism big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member