Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some action -

If the current search does not find MH370, it looks like there is a new plan in the works.
Next March, they may dump replica wing flaperons in different areas and track their route in the hopes that the currents will reveal a backwards way of trying to determine where the plane might be.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/missing-mh370-new-model-chart-crash-zone-planes-n634396

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ps-ocean-track-satellite-bid-missing-jet.html

DailyMail
Six replicas of the flaperon will be sent to Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization's oceanography department in the island state of Tasmania where scientists will determine whether it is the wind or the currents that affect how they drift, Hood said. This will enable more accurate drift modeling than is currently available.

If more money becomes available, the Australian bureau, which is conducting the search on Malaysia's behalf, plans to fit the flaperons with satellite beacons and set them adrift at different points in the southern Indian Ocean around March 8 next year — the third anniversary of the disaster — and track their movements.

Meanwhile, barnacles found on the flaperon and an adjacent wing flap that washed up on Tanzania in June are being analyzed for clues to the latitudes they might have come from. The flap is in the Australian bureau's headquarters in Canberra where it has been scoured for clues by accident investigators.

Peter Foley, the bureau's director of Flight 370 search operations since the outset, said the enhanced drift modeling would hopefully narrow the next search area to a band of 5 degrees of latitude, or 340 miles.

Foley said: 'Even the best drift analysis is not going to narrow it down to X-marks-the-spot.' ....

...Foley said Australian analysis of the flap in Canberra suggested that it had not been deployed when it hit the water. It had been retracted inside the wing. A pilot attempting a soft landing would have extended the wing flaps. The Australians are awaiting the verdict of a Boeing accident investigation team on their findings.

Recent analysis of the final satellite signals also suggest the plane was descending at a rate of between 12,000 feet and 20,000 feet a minute before it crashed. A rate of 2,000 feet a minute would be typical of a controlled descent.

Foley said: 'The rate of descent combined with the position of the flap — if it's found that it is not deployed — will almost certainly rule out either a controlled ditch or glide.

'If it's not in a deployed state, it validates, if you like, where we've been looking.'

Crews have not given up hope of finding the plane in the current search area,
which because of bad weather and 65-foot swells could take them until December to finish scanning.

Three guys, Blaine Gibson, Neels Kruger and Liam Lotter, are going to do something.
Each of them has already found some debris and decided to get together and start their own search on the South Africa coast for any evidence of MH370. Gibson, a lawyer from Seattle, has found numerous items, Kruger was the one that found the Rolls Royce piece from the engine cowling, and Lotter is the teenager that took the wing part home.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/amateurs-launch-their-own-mh370-search/ar-BBvV55m?li=BBnbcA1

Weekly update - Aug 24 2016

Weather to improve!

Fugro Equator continues on search operations.

Hopefully in October the weather will improve so the Dong Hai Jiu 101 can deploy a ROV which could check on a range of sonar contacts. (does that mean they found some suspicious objects that need a closer look?)

More on the proposed drift model study and why the flaperon is so important.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

Weekly update - Aug 24 2016

Weather to improve!

Fugro Equator continues on search operations.

Hopefully in October the weather will improve so the Dong Hai Jiu 101 can deploy a ROV which could check on a range of sonar contacts. (does that mean they found some suspicious objects that need a closer look?)

More on the proposed drift model study and why the flaperon is so important.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

Here is the full update, it sure sounds like they see something that it's going to look more closely at

Key developments this week -
- Fugro Equator is in the search area and conducting search operations.
- Dong Hai Jiu 101 is at anchor off Fremantle undertaking maintenance to ensure readiness for its next mission. It is anticipated that around October weather conditions will have improved sufficiently to allow the deployment of a Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) from Dong Hai Jiu 101. This equipment will be used to further investigate a range of sonar contacts.
- It is expected that searching the entire 120,000 square kilometre search area will be completed by approximately December 2016.

Found a twitter feed? on MH370 that says another piece of debris was found last week.
On this feed, someone has already identified and matched the triangle debris just reported above as part of the vertical stabilizer.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#mh370

Another piece found?

A tour operator found a 3x3 triangle shaped piece of debris on a Mozambique beach called Linga Linga that he believes is from MH370. He has turned it over to the authorities who are investigating.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-27/mh370-tour-operator-claims-to-have-found-debris/7790688

Great find.
Says it's about a meter wide, 1 meter equals 1.09361 yards

"It's kind of almost like a triangular shape," he said.

"It probably stands about a meter wide and about, from point to point, maybe a metre long — so it's quite big.

"It's just the one very big piece that I've found so far, but I'm going to be going up and down our coastline with my boat and trying to see if there's more."

8262016NewPiece.jpg

Yeah, I figured one yard is about three feet. I changed it up and just said 3x3.
Thanks for posting the picture. Doesn't it look like the debris is sitting on a boat?

Yeah, I figured one yard is about three feet. I changed it up and just said 3x3.
Thanks for posting the picture. Doesn't it look like the debris is sitting on a boat?

I'm not good with metric. I remember back in the 80's we were selling Cam2 racing fuel by the liter, drove me nuts, so happy we never changed over.

Can you post the picture of the other debris as shown on the twitter feed so we will have it handy? Thanks!

Sorry, hadn't had time to do much looking, I see what you mean now, didn't realize that was the back piece. Apparently this is piece of the tail, it has a Boeing number on it, plus part of Malaysia's tail logo. Great find! I have to wake up then will be back. I see Blaine is doing his own investigating about the Maldives

Latest MH370 find demolishes claims of gliding landing A large smashed piece of what appears to have been MH370 has been recovered in Mozambique Aug 27, 2016

Mike Exner, a member of the IG or Independent Group of experts reviewing the known data concerning the disappearance of flight MH370 on March 8, 2014, with 239 people on board, has tweeted an overlay of the recovered fragment on a photo of the vertical stabiliser or tail of the Boeing 777-200ER that had been on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing when it vanished from civil air traffic control screens.

His overlay uses the painted side of the fragment, the unpainted side being shown courtesy of ABC News at the top of this post. However other comparisons are also circulating which suggest it may actually be part of a leading edge.

As Mr Exner notes the piece of debris carries a Boeing identifying number which should clinch its linkage to the missing airliner. Whatever part of the jet it comes from the extensive damage carried by the piece of suspected wreckage is inconsistent with widely promoted theories that MH370 was landed under pilot control on the surface of the south Indian Ocean.

8262016TailPiece.jpg
Mike-Exner-overlay-of-MH370-fragment-e1472245605940.jpg

Thanks for posting the "red" triangle picture and also the area where the piece actually came from. It's amazing how they could find this out on a big airplane in such a short time when the authorities take forever to even acknowledge the finding of the piece itself.

In the end, I think the Maldives will end up playing an important part in the finding of this plane. If the plane was flying as low as it was, it was using fuel about twice as fast as it would have been flying higher and couldn't have gone as far south as they thought.

Have you seen the article that the pilot may not have deployed the flaperon after all and they are starting to go back to the ghost plane theory? Unfortunately, it could not be linked here. I haven't seen this on main stream yet so it will just stay my opinion for now.

Some links I want to look into more but don't want to lose them until I have time. Have to watch my grandson so my online time is about done.

The Hunt for MH370
Blaine Gibson - Blaines Independent Investigation
Maldives Revisited - By Blaine Alan Gibson - 12 August 2016
Possible MH370 debris sighting in SIO - has Tomnod images
Summary Of Possible MH370 Debris Recovered (15 August 2016)

Thanks for posting the "red" triangle picture and also the area where the piece actually came from. It's amazing how they could find this out on a big airplane in such a short time when the authorities take forever to even acknowledge the finding of the piece itself.

In the end, I think the Maldives will end up playing an important part in the finding of this plane. If the plane was flying as low as it was, it was using fuel about twice as fast as it would have been flying higher and couldn't have gone as far south as they thought.

Have you seen the article that the pilot may not have deployed the flaperon after all and they are starting to go back to the ghost plane theory? Unfortunately, it could not be linked here. I haven't seen this on main stream yet so it will just stay my opinion for now.

Yeah I posted it a few days ago, couldn't believe what I was reading.

DailyMail

Six replicas of the flaperon will be sent to Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization's oceanography department in the island state of Tasmania where scientists will determine whether it is the wind or the currents that affect how they drift, Hood said. This will enable more accurate drift modeling than is currently available.

If more money becomes available, the Australian bureau, which is conducting the search on Malaysia's behalf, plans to fit the flaperons with satellite beacons and set them adrift at different points in the southern Indian Ocean around March 8 next year — the third anniversary of the disaster — and track their movements.

Meanwhile, barnacles found on the flaperon and an adjacent wing flap that washed up on Tanzania in June are being analyzed for clues to the latitudes they might have come from. The flap is in the Australian bureau's headquarters in Canberra where it has been scoured for clues by accident investigators.

Peter Foley, the bureau's director of Flight 370 search operations since the outset, said the enhanced drift modeling would hopefully narrow the next search area to a band of 5 degrees of latitude, or 340 miles.

Foley said: 'Even the best drift analysis is not going to narrow it down to X-marks-the-spot.' ....

...Foley said Australian analysis of the flap in Canberra suggested that it had not been deployed when it hit the water. It had been retracted inside the wing. A pilot attempting a soft landing would have extended the wing flaps. The Australians are awaiting the verdict of a Boeing accident investigation team on their findings.

Recent analysis of the final satellite signals also suggest the plane was descending at a rate of between 12,000 feet and 20,000 feet a minute before it crashed. A rate of 2,000 feet a minute would be typical of a controlled descent.

Foley said: 'The rate of descent combined with the position of the flap — if it's found that it is not deployed — will almost certainly rule out either a controlled ditch or glide.

'If it's not in a deployed state, it validates, if you like, where we've been looking.'

Crews have not given up hope of finding the plane in the current search area, which because of bad weather and 65-foot swells could take them until December to finish scanning.

Found the other debris on Twitter that I think you were talking about. I did a screen shot of the main post showing the 4 pics of it.

Suspected #MH370 debris found in Mozambique on 19 August 2016

View attachment 100339

View attachment 100340View attachment 100341View attachment 100342View attachment 100343

This is the one. It is about 13" x 22.6" but looks bigger.
Thank you so much for posting it.

That makes two pieces of debris found about a week apart along the Mozambique coast. With all the searching going on, I wonder if this debris just arrived. How would that play with the debris field drift pattern and time line?

This is the one. It is about 13" x 22.6" but looks bigger.
Thank you so much for posting it.

That makes two pieces of debris found about a week apart along the Mozambique coast. With all the searching going on, I wonder if this debris just arrived. How would that play with the debris field drift pattern and time line?

You're very welcome. I'm so excited to see Blaines finds. I wish I could find his social media to ask questions. I'll have to look at it more tomorrow. I haven't been back online since my grandson left.

I wish we knew how long its been sitting where he found it and I'm thankful he took it upon himself to do this because someone should have. You'd think each coast line area would have been looking. I guess not everyone knew to look for debris.

Prayers for the families

"Mangled 'MH370 debris' found off the coast of Mozambique suggests the jet EXPLODED and was not under control of the pilot when it crashed"

*Piece of aircraft wreckage found by tour operator off Mozambique
*It is believed the debris is from missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370
*Piece is badly mangled with torn edges- suggests plane did not land softly
*Strengthened claims plane was not under control of a pilot when it crashed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ue-suggests-plane-exploded.html#ixzz4IfFdENsn

37A7B6DC00000578-3762218-image-a-8_1472386652008.jpg

Thanks for all your posts and discussion in this ongoing mystery and its developments.

For the record, I have always believed something catastrophic happened on this plane.
This article may be bringing us the latest info, but it had to include a video of the Australia Kangeroo Island find which was later identified as belonging to a small plane and had nothing to do with MH370. It kind of throws some of their credibility out the window, doesn't it?

Question. How would a piece of debris from an airliner hold up after two years in the huge violent storms of the Southern Indian Ocean? If a piece of a plane were to break off with a "smooth" or straight finish, would it keep the same surface or would it get all crumpled up after being tossed around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB