Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just checking in, tomorrow is a new day, sunrise in 3 hours.
Fingers crossed!

I would hope they could do that although I think the way the boxes are sealed very well that anyone opening it could never hide that it was opened.

Maybe they should open it and analyze it and turn it over and just claim they didnt touch it. Just deny they ever touched it even though it will be obvious it was opened. Seems to be an approach that Malaysia takes with some information so payback time.

Seriously, I do fear and have good reasons to fear that Malaysia will not tell the truth of whatever is on that box. Lawsuits are starting and so this is serious stuff what is on that box and they cannot be trusted. Someone needs to get to that box before turning over to Malaysia.

Here is 1 solution......Have a multi-national opening and analyzing of the box. EVERYONE GETS TO WATCH.
(Boeing I am sure will want to be in the room along with other countries officials)

Ha .. look if they did that, the whole world would go bananas .. and rightly so. We have to trust Malaysia. They will do a full report and they will have to write up the contents of that flight recorder. I can think of many other countries a lot less trustworthy than Malaysia who have done the right thing in regards to investigations like this.

Is the distrust of Malaysia coming from the misinformation early in the search? I'm not quite understanding why some people think it's such a corrupt, backwards or dishonest country?

It's all very odd, in my opinion. I do think we're being fed titbits that can be taken or reported in whatever way "someone" (unsure who) wants us to think... This is obviously of little interest to msm or they'd have been all over it?

Also makes me wonder if any other "snippets" like this have been slipped into news articles, so small, but little puzzle pieces, that we may have overlooked.
Or have i just been reading too much?

We're in this for a loooooong time, i believe, no answers will be forthcoming soon.

I agree, it's odd and wonder why it hasn't been questioned. Maybe the media/MSM does not want to appear they are picking at them. It also seems like an odd mistake for Malaysia to make and to me it is not so plausible it is a mistake, could they be so lax or sloppy they didn't know immediately how many people were on their crew?

I don't understand that either. It's a Malaysian aircraft so of course they want the answers as much, if not more than anyone!

I have to say the thing that is driving me bonkers is everyone going ape about satellite images. I've been in the geospatial industry dealing with earth imaging for 30 years (hence the geokaren) and people do NOT understand a) how it is collected b)how it is processed c) how it is exploited/interpreted. Everyone is suddenly an expert about something they know nothing about! Even on the danged news!

Heard the FBI guy that has been on CNN say that it will be given to Malaysia authorities and it would be up to them to make it public. They were guessing around Friday should be handing over the info.

According to CNN US intelligence has alerted them whenever anything of consequence developed. For instance when US intel developed the correct theory that the a/c had proceeded to the south china sea, cnn broadc ast that info prior to an official announcement by any government. Likewise when the investigation turned to the pilots about a week ago, CNN was announcing that fact based on its CNN sources.

Computer geeks I trust tell me the FBI experts would have been able to find any incriminating computer evidence early on.

if this be true.........

I have to say the thing that is driving me bonkers is everyone going ape about satellite images. I've been in the geospatial industry dealing with earth imaging for 30 years (hence the geokaren) and people do NOT understand a) how it is collected b)how it is processed c) how it is exploited/interpreted. Everyone is suddenly an expert about something they know nothing about! Even on the danged news!

thanks geokaren, it would be really interesting and helpful to get your insight on these things!

I'd like to know, I've always wondered if it is in real time. Why it is always several days later?????

well first of all this would be a lot easier on land - at sea you have no stereo pairs so analysis is much more complex. 2nd satellite imagery does not have the resolution that people think it does - they watch too much TV apparently. I was in a reconnaissance technical group in the USAF (intel unit) specializing in the pacific theater and No, the military cannot read license plates from satellite imagery either. 3rd, it would be easier to detect objects with pansharpened satellite images but pan sharpening reduces the resolution considerably, so the panchromatic is what's being used. Once it's balanced and mosaicked, it becomes a lot darker as well - tough to analyze visually.

oh and that Tomnod site is pure crap. Anyone who thinks they will discover evidence from it is kidding themselves. Digital Globe is using it as a marketing tool, they are not providing a service. Trust me, I know these guys, have worked with them for years, even published technical articles jointly with them. It's pure "eyes on our stuff" ploy.

I thought I just heard on CNN that the search for today was called off due to bad weather. I may have heard that wrong. Hopefully someone can back me up or correct me on that.

I think they (CNN) were talking about Thursday search. It's Friday morning now, so hopefully better weather.

Hopefully you can explain to us here at WS. I for one have no knowledge. In fact, I am not an expert at anything. Not even my job. Maybe I am an expert at cleaning my apartment, that about sums it up! :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

This case, above any others, has taught me a few things. I am not very bright. I am so confused simply over time differences that I no longer know what day or time it is. I am useless. Internet media is worse than I thought, no cable here, but from observation of posts and links, cable news is no better.

Can you help us? :whiteflag:

ETA: Never mind. I see you helped us - a lot!

I'd like to know, I've always wondered if it is in real time. Why it is always several days later?????

Because the data is collected between 10 AM and 1PM only - then it has to be downlinked to a ground station (we're talking terabytes of data here), then transferred to be processed. Think about putting a piece of paper on a ball - it has to be made to fit the earth. Then it has to be mosaicked (stitched together) to create scenes, then color balanced and finally transmitted yet again to agencies for use. Final products can run to exabytes so even transmission of data can be problematic

I would think they could pull the satellite images from the area from the day it would have crashed to determine the initial impact location. Is that possible geokaren?

well first of all this would be a lot easier on land - at sea you have no stereo pairs so analysis is much more complex. 2nd satellite imagery does not have the resolution that people think it does - they watch too much TV apparently. I was in a reconnaissance technical group in the USAF (intel unit) specializing in the pacific theater and No, the military cannot read license plates from satellite imagery either. 3rd, it would be easier to detect objects with pansharpened satellite images but pan sharpening reduces the resolution considerably, so the panchromatic is what's being used. Once it's balanced and mosaicked, it becomes a lot darker as well - tough to analyze visually.

oh and that Tomnod site is pure crap. Anyone who thinks they will discover evidence from it is kidding themselves. Digital Globe is using it as a marketing tool, they are not providing a service. Trust me, I know these guys, have worked with them for years, even published technical articles jointly with them. It's pure "eyes on our stuff" ploy.

Thank you. I feel better about not understanding any of it!:floorlaugh:

You should get verified. Your knowledge is fascinating,to me, and I'm sure to others. :seeya:

It might be, but nothing in MSM has been posted about postponing the search for Friday the 28th (it's Friday in Australia now) :)

CNN must be working on yesterday's news :rollseyes:

watching CNN and they have not reported that.

Hopefully you can explain to us here at WS. I for one have no knowledge. In fact, I am not an expert at anything. Not even my job. Maybe I am an expert at cleaning my apartment, that about sums it up! :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

This case, above any others, has taught me a few things. I am not very bright. I am so confused simply over time differences that I no longer know what day or time it is. I am useless. Internet media is worse than I thought, no cable here, but from observation of posts and links, cable news is no better.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
You are in good company!
I am an expert in all things totally irrelevant.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: you literally left me in a fit of giggles, thank you - I needed that after a long day. You said word for word the things I'm always thinking to myself but never say, lol

I would think they could pull the satellite images from the area from the day it would have crashed to determine the initial impact location. Is that possible geokaren?

Not really, it was dark. the satellite is a passive sensor, not an active one so it only collects data when the sun is high - thus the collection between 10-1PM local time, the data would be useless at 8AM since the sun would be so low in the sky you wouldn't get usable images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member