Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't NORAD know exactly where it is?
It's more than a little scary if they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but NORAD only protects Canada and US.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Aerospace_Defense_Command"]North American Aerospace Defense Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Regardless, i'm sure other countries are on their radar.

I just heard a aerospace and aeronautics expert say the plane had 2 transponders..I must have missed that piece of info.
So 1 transponder was on and one was off?
He is not confident with the reports that the plane turned left...he would like to see the transponder/radar information

I'm sensing hostility and I don't know why.
Don't take it out on me, thank you in advance.

A pilot committing suicide by crashing a plane full of passengers is a hideously awful thing to do. I really hope that's not the case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/malaysia-flight.html?hpw&rref=world&_r=0

think this is the latest from NY times and is very indepth on the two Iranians.....think they didn't know each other, but were booked by a smuggling ring so therefore put together as travelling together....since their tickets were sequential and they were together as far as Amsterdam, it doesn't look as suss as actually travelling separately.

I'm sensing hostility and I don't know why.
Don't take it out on me, thank you in advance.

If you mean me, I sincerely apologize. I was reading fast, skimming really, and I thought someone was suggesting those poor people vacationing in Vietnam were suspicious... I am not even sure it was you I thought... Anyhow, someone else set me straight, and really, am very sorry!:blushing:

Sanjay looks happy on CNN right now - he's surrounded by marijuana plants! snicker

New daily mail article with answers to interesting questions we all are asking I thought I would post it incase it is of interest to anyone.

No debris, no mayday, but a host of questions: GUY WALTERS offers answers to the mysteries surrounding MH370

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ysteries-surrounding-MH370.html#ixzz2vhl61m1l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have posted in thread two as thread three is closed at the time this post has been made.

To quote Winston Churchill, this is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma! I have no particular favourite theory atm. I'm probably leaning towards something technical or pilot error but only because that's what causes most plane crashes.

lengthy article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/malaysia-jet.html?_r=0

"SEPANG, Malaysia — The Malaysian authorities now believe that a jetliner missing since Saturday may have radically changed course around the time that it stopped communicating with ground controllers. But there were conflicting accounts of the course change and what may have happened afterward, adding to the air of confusion and disarray surrounding the investigation and search operation.

As criticism of their inability to find any trace of the jet has mounted, the Malaysian authorities have repeatedly insisted that they were doing their best to solve the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, with scarce data and almost no precedent. Yet the government and the airline have also released imprecise, incomplete and sometimes inaccurate information, with civilian officials contradicting military leaders.

On Tuesday, the fourth day after the plane disappeared while on an overnight flight to Beijing, the country’s air force chief, Gen. Rodzali Daud, was quoted in a Malaysian newspaper saying the military had received “signals” on Saturday that after the aircraft stopped communicating with ground controllers, it changed course sharply, from heading northeast to heading west, and flew hundreds of miles across Peninsular Malaysia and out over the Strait of Malacca, before the tracking went blank.
Photo
The Malaysian authorities expanded the search area in recent days. Credit Hoang Dinh Nam/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

The air force chief did not say what kind of signals the military had tracked. But his remarks raised questions about whether the military had noticed the plane as it flew across the country and about when it informed civilian authorities."

If you mean me, I sincerely apologize. I was reading fast, skimming really, and I thought someone was suggesting those poor people vacationing in Vietnam were suspicious... I am not even sure it was you I thought... Anyhow, someone else set me straight, and really, am very sorry!:blushing:

I had two weird responses in a row that left me scratching my head.
As I pointed out, the thought the couple hijacked the plane never crossed my mind. I just can't figure out why they'd be on the plane unless one has to fly out of Vietnam to another airport prior to flying to Beijing (probably so). If so, maybe the price did influence their choice as KL is under an hour flight from Vietnam but in a southern direction.

The automatic transponder works at all altitudes, not just above 29,000 ft. The websites that track planes in that area doesn't have the ability to track a plane below 29,000 ft. It has to do with their coverage in the area, which is not good that far out over the sea, not to do with it not sending signals. If you look at the video that we saw the first couple of days, you can see that they had no trouble tracking the plane when it was over land before it reached cruising altitude.

Hence, our global airspace needs better tracking systems... satellite? But, it's too expensive for Boeing and airliners? Not when you lose 239 souls.

I highly doubt it's terrorism, I now believe this plane had a major fault overlooked combined with lack of oxygen, making the crew and passengers disoriented.

This is why the passenger's cell phones worked, imo.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304020104579429233516692014.html

No solid clues found after more than 90 hours of missing flight

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2014-03/11/c_126252868.htm

According to the company, all Malaysia Airlines aircraft are equipped with a continuous data monitoring system called Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, which transmits data automatically.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Communications_Addressing_and_Reporting_System"]Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Malaysian plane sent out engine data before vanishing

http://www.newscientist.com/article...ngine-data-before-vanishing.html#.Ux-wls6j99Q

To aid maintenance, most airlines use the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which automatically collates and files four technical reports during every flight so that engineers can spot problems. These reports are sent via VHF radio or satellite at take-off, during the climb, at some point while cruising, and on landing.

The Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organisation, which watches out for nuclear weapons tests worldwide, looked at its data for the last few days to see if its infrasound – below the range of human hearing – recordings, normally used to seek out the muffled crump of underground tests, contained any signature of an aircraft explosion. But it found nothing.

New daily mail article with answers to interesting questions we all are asking I thought I would post it incase it is of interest to anyone.

No debris, no mayday, but a host of questions: GUY WALTERS offers answers to the mysteries surrounding MH370

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ysteries-surrounding-MH370.html#ixzz2vhl61m1l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have posted in thread two as thread three is closed at the time this post has been made.

Okay, didn't know this piece of information..
Beginning to think the plane is not in the Gulf of Thailand, which is considered shallow UNLESS it is further east or north of the search area or west of Malaysia and over the Strait of Malacca (but I just read that is a major shipping channel...debris would have been spotted by now, I would think)

"After a plane has crashed, the black box transmits a homing beacon, but the range is only 2,000 or 3,000 yards, and even less if it is deep underwater."

I keep thinking there was a catastrophic event or failure which knocked out the communications systems and led to rapid or explosive depressurization

Grasping at straws...I guess I am hoping that whatever happened that it was quick and they did not suffer or know what was going on...

So my understanding is that the military tracked a (presumably unidentified?) plane heading west from where the missing plane was last detected. But they don't have confirmation that it was the missing plane. Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak