Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets linked to stolen passports for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 were purchased by an Iranian man, authorities say.

At least two people on board the plane were traveling on passports stolen from an Austrian and an Italian.

According to Thai police officials, an Iranian man by the name of Kazem Ali purchased the tickets for two friends who he said wanted to return home to Europe. While Ali made the initial booking by telephone, either Ali or someone acting on his behalf paid for the tickets in cash, according to police.

http://www.cnn.com

Yes he was apparently a travel agent that the ticket person was used to dealing with (for 2 years) and she said he didn't know they were stolen passports...

Who's Mario Balotelli?

"We have looked at the footage of the video and the photographs – it is confirmed now that they are not Asian-looking males," he said. "Do you know what he [Mario Balotelli] looks like?" he asked reporters.

see previous posts, famous black footballer

The failure so far to locate any trace of the aircraft raised questions about whether the ships, planes and helicopters searching the waters south of Vietnam, some of them using highly sophisticated equipment, were looking in the right place.

Malaysian officials said late on Monday that they were expanding the search to a much wider area, including waters north of the Indonesian island of Sumatra, hundreds of miles from the aircraft’s last reported position.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/world/asia/hunt-for-missing-malaysian-jet.html?_r=0

bbm

Having viewed the radar map several times, there appeared to have been significant air traffic in the area where the Malaysian plane vanished. I realize that departing and incoming flights would have been at varying altitudes, but it's amazing that no one has reported having seen anything unusual.

Tickets linked to stolen passports for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 were purchased by an Iranian man, authorities say.

At least two people on board the plane were traveling on passports stolen from an Austrian and an Italian.

According to Thai police officials, an Iranian man by the name of Kazem Ali purchased the tickets for two friends who he said wanted to return home to Europe. While Ali made the initial booking by telephone, either Ali or someone acting on his behalf paid for the tickets in cash, according to police.

http://www.cnn.com

yes, it was discussed earlier. Here is new information:

Supachai Phuikaewkhum, the chief of police in Pattaya, said in an interview late on Monday that Mr. Ali, who formerly lived in Pattaya and operated a restaurant there but now appears to have moved back to Iran, was a regular customer of the travel agency. Mr. Supachai said Mr. Ali called the agency from an Iranian telephone number and asked for the cheapest fares available from Kuala Lumpur to two separate destinations in Europe.

“The staff suggested that a flight with several stops would be cheaper, so he picked that route,” Mr. Supachai said.

He said the tickets were paid for in cash by another Iranian man whose name Mr. Supachai pronounced as “Asay.” That man was questioned on Monday by the police, he said.

Malaysian officials said a parallel investigation had been opened into a possible passport smuggling ring.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/world/asia/hunt-for-missing-malaysian-jet.html?_r=0

Having viewed the radar map several times, there appeared to have been significant air traffic in the area where the Malaysian plane vanished. I realize that departing and incoming flights would have been at varying altitudes, but it's amazing that no one has reported having seen anything unusual.

Mikael Robertsson, co-founder of Flightradar24, said that the company’s computers had not recorded any altitude data for the last two reported positions of the aircraft, which were received about 30 seconds apart. He said there were two possible explanations. One was radio interference from a transmission by another aircraft using the same frequency, which he said was a relatively common occurrence. The other was that the aircraft’s transponder stopped receiving altitude data because of some unknown event on the aircraft a minute before it vanished.

yes, it was discussed earlier. Here is new information:

Supachai Phuikaewkhum, the chief of police in Pattaya, said in an interview late on Monday that Mr. Ali, who formerly lived in Pattaya and operated a restaurant there but now appears to have moved back to Iran, was a regular customer of the travel agency. Mr. Supachai said Mr. Ali called the agency from an Iranian telephone number and asked for the cheapest fares available from Kuala Lumpur to two separate destinations in Europe.

“The staff suggested that a flight with several stops would be cheaper, so he picked that route,” Mr. Supachai said.

He said the tickets were paid for in cash by another Iranian man whose name Mr. Supachai pronounced as “Asay.” That man was questioned on Monday by the police, he said.

Malaysian officials said a parallel investigation had been opened into a possible passport smuggling ring.

Sorry... I apparently missed that. :blushing:

The contact made by the pilot of the other aircraft to MH370 wreaks of Hypoxia due to a cabin pressure incident - I'm actually stunned that this pilot didn't recognize this.

He's been asked to relay comms due to loss of communication with ATC, he establishes a line with them and instead of the appropriate response of "yeh all is good, we'll find another frequency, thanks for checkin' on us!" - he hears nonsensical mumbling and no satisfactory response or attempt to re-establish a better line. Their behavior was clearly reflective of functional incapacity due to advanced hypoxia (which would have been just minutes at the most before complete loss of consciousness occurred).

Who's to say that when this happened, one of the crew hasn't slumped forward into the control column, disconnecting the auto pilot due to the application of the required force and deflection coupled with the cabin pressure emergency - sending the aicraft into its final dive...

But if they plunged due to passing out from hypoxia and hitting controls, why isn't there a debris field in a sort of obvious location? Couldn't they simply track where the plane would've fell to, more or less? And why would the systems tracker, (Acars) have no information on systems failure?

Questions for Derryn Hunch or , or anyone who may know.

I have been reading about the ACARS system, and the upgrades to the technology in recent years. Here is a quick overview.

Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From what I understand, the Air France Flight 447 sent loads of ACARS data before it crashed into the ocean, which helped in the investigation to find out what happened. Some of this data indicated the autopilot switched off automatically (due to iced up pitot tubes), and the aircrew was apparently confused or something, and tried to climb to correct a stall, instead of descending.

My first question is, how many other modern air crashes (say, in the past 15 years) have there been NO ACARS data submitted? The ACARS system seems to use more than one portal to transmit data, so a complete lack of ACARS data seems very, very weird. Is the ACARS data pretty much sent instantaneously?

What kinds of scenarios would produce a complete lack of ACARS data? To my admittedly very amateur thoughts, it seems that even an explosion should generate some kind of pings, since it seems like it would take a "science fiction alien ray gun" to "vaporize" an entire plane instantaneously. Even explosive decompression and disintegration takes a bit of time, right? How could there be no data at all?

Is there some scenario where a complete loss of electrical power to the whole plane instantaneously would result in no ACARS data? The electrical systems are so complex, I can't imagine ALL of the redundancies being overcome at once?

Do you think it's likely that they actually have ACARS and other automatic data, but aren't releasing this information to the media and public?

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around a huge airliner just vanishing so suddenly, with no data, and no signs of a crash on land or in relatively shallow seas.

I agree with Derryn Hunch's comments that the geographic area is heavily monitored. If the Red October was passing by and the crew burst into song, four or five nations would sing along, lol! Cobra Gold has long been a multinational military "kumbaya".

Cobra Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for this. I was wondering if ACARS had Air France info.

Who runs ACARS? Is it possible Malaysia has info and just doesn;t want to reveal it right now?

A Malaysian Airlines representative was pelted with water bottles and called a liar at a briefing, while Chinese officials were also greeted with abuse and shouted questions.

In an attempt to calm the situation, Malaysia Airlines has offered to give the relatives of the passengers 31,000 yuan (£3,100) each. It's not compensation, they say, but a gesture.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-jet-Man-with-stolen-passport-identified.html

bbm

I can certainly understand the horror on the part of the families, but I've never seen such behavior on the part of other people toward an airline in connection with one of these disasters.

Okay, maybe I'm crazy, and maybe this has already been mentioned, but watching the flight radar, just before MAS370 "disappears" another plane in the same area seems to disappear from the screen as well (CCA970). Is that something that commonly happens? I thought maybe it reappeared but I looked and couldn't find it anywhere.

Would anyone be surprised if the Chinese Government knew exactly where the plane was? Really?

Ok, time for a weird theory. IIRC, there was a report that somebody saw the plane flying very low. I wonder if it was hijacked and flown under the radar to an abandoned airfield on a coast. There they are loading the plane up with explosives and are planning to fly it into something. Maybe the Chinese capital?

They would have killed all the passengers and flight crew and piled the bodies up in an abandoned hanger.

Ok, time for a weird theory. IIRC, there was a report that somebody saw the plane flying very low. I wonder if it was hijacked and flown under the radar to an abandoned airfield on a coast. There they are loading the plane up with explosives and are planning to fly it into something. Maybe the Chinese capital?

They would have killed all the passengers and flight crew and piled the bodies up in an abandoned hanger.

idk but I can't get that article out of my head about the set-up the pilot had at home. All the monitors, screens, wires etc replicating everything exactly as it is in the boeing.

now I am really confused actually..............if these guys were black, we know one of the passport holders were definitely white..........these passports must have been really doctored, obviously the photo would have had to been changed, but it means also the skin colour segment on the passport would have been altered!!

Not sure of that. My Belgian passport does not mention skin colour. Don't know how it is in other countries, but mine only has name, last name, date of birth, nationality, gender, expiry date and my picture. I think most European passports follow the same line.

Okay, maybe I'm crazy, and maybe this has already been mentioned, but watching the flight radar, just before MAS370 "disappears" another plane in the same area seems to disappear from the screen as well (CCA970). Is that something that commonly happens? I thought maybe it reappeared but I looked and couldn't find it anywhere.

Which video? :waitasec: In this one, the only other plane I can see on the screen does not disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3YgFRpKUk

idk but I can't get that article out of my head about the set-up the pilot had at home. All the monitors, screens, wires etc replicating everything exactly as it is in the boeing.

Whaaaat? I must have missed that. Do you happen to have a link handy?

TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members