Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaysia Airlines MH370: Aerial search for missing plane officially ends
Updated 5 minutes ago

Eight nations have been involved in the unprecedented hunt - Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, the United States, Britain and China - with more than 300 sorties flown across a vast expanse of remote ocean looking for debris.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-30/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-aerial-search-ends/5421156

So sad for everyone concerned that nothing has been found yet.
A job well done to all those involved with the search :clap:

If they gave a precise GPS coordinates of their supposed "find" I still say send 1 boat with good sonar to check it out. It is costing them more money considering it than to just go check it out to see if a plane shows up on a sonar detector.

Compared to all the money spent so far down South with absolutely ZILCH to show for it, spending a very tiny fraction of that money to send 1 boat to either debunk it or not is well worth it.

But no, they will spend tons of money just meeting and talking about and never go check it out anyway.

The same said for the pilot that had a "find". Just go check it out for goodness sakes. Then consider it debunked or not. That is how you create a list and can check things on or off the list. By not checking any of these reports out, they are doing NOTHING.

I agree. Just like with a LE investigation, if you get a lead at least rule it out. Maybe they have, but for security reasons are not saying, kwim?

I haven't been a regular poster in this thread, but I do pop in and read the last few pages frequently. I'm very interested in this new angle, because it puts the plane in an area I initially thought it was. . .and I never really wavered from that. I also like this angle because it's chemistry. It's not that I doubt the folks at Inmarsat are very smart. But how do we know the data they are using is accurate. . or hasn't been tampered with? I don't know a darn thing about satellites, but I assume this data is generated through the use of computers and the related software. We know that is always vulnerable to attack. So how do they know that the data they are using is accurate?

On that note, the story out of Maldives is also intriguing. It sounds like there are multiple eye witness accounts. Sure it could have been a different plane, but there was the fire suppression thing that washed up too. Where did that come from? And if it was a hoax, how did someone get there hands on one of those?

Idk, I certainly don't have the answers, but I feel these things should be investigated and ruled out. It's difficult to not don a tin foil hat here. With all of the misleading and vague information that first came out, piled on top of the feeling that we are all being asked to "look over here." Meanwhile nothing has been found. . .nada. . .zilch. It just feels like a giant smoke screen. If this plane was hijacked and heading towards Iran or one of the stans. . .no one is ever going to admit to shooting down a passenger plane. Maybe I do need to dust off my tin foil hat. :facepalm:

GeoResonance says it has been overwhelmed by international media attention in the past 48 hours, but that its goal has always been to have an audience with authorities

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/2309...ysia-is-looking-at-its-mh370-findings/?cmp=fb

You never know GeoResonance may pick up a contract to help find the plane. With all the experience the company has MOO

“The Australian Government, in consultation with the Malaysian Government is willing to engage one or more commercial companies to undertake this work and this work would be done under contract to the Australian government.”

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...tering-new-phase/story-fnizu68q-1226898361975

With more than 50 projects under their belts,
the company has also been employed to find the wreckage of World War II vintage naval vessels and aircraft

http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-found-in-the-bay-of-bengal/

Boeing filed a patent - that doesn't mean they actually created anything - I think that would be public knowledge.

I would guess the technology already exists, but as someone said, Boeing is a private company. It sells those planes. If it had such technology, it would be a feature you could purchase. It wouldn't just be controlling planes that belonged to other countries - way too much liability for them. It requires us to set up secure communication systems that would be very expensive, and I don't think that technology exists yet to make them adequately secure, reliable, and free from malfunction - governments would likely set that up. So Boeing hasn't actually tried to implement it even though it technically could.

Wouldn't cargo fire extinguishers be the same for cargo ships as they are for aircraft?

Scientists believe they know where MH370 crashed
April 30, 2014
A research team at University of Western Australia believes the cabin is in one piece.
KUALA LUMPUR: Scientists on Thursday said they believe they know where Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 crashed into the ocean and that the cabin sank in one piece.
The research by the University of Western Australia, using meteorological and ocean-current data alongside the British analysis from data “pings” recorded by UK firm Inmarsat, determined the point of impact and the movements of debris in the weeks following the crash.
A fresh satellite sighting of 300 floating objects ranging in size from seven to 49 feet about 1,680 miles from Perth in the southern Indian Ocean was reported by Thailand yesterday, tallying with previous sightings by French and Chinese satellites. Thai satellite images show objects about 120 miles from a debris field of 122 objects captured by a French satellite on Sunday.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...ntists-believe-they-know-where-mh370-crashed/

I dont think so, I think fire ext on boats would be like supresion and put it out like on land

Extinguisher on planes take oxygen away to put it out (casue its a closed tube if that makes sense

Wouldn't cargo fire extinguishers be the same for cargo ships as they are for aircraft?

Interesting info about the different search phases with Air France Flight 447 which crashed into Atlantic Ocean on 1 June, 2009. Following the crash,even though some debris was found & as well as having a rough idea of it's location, it still took almost two years for the debris field to be found & recovery of the black boxes.

From that entire search authorities from across the world would have gained invaluable knowledge on search, rescue & recovery of missing aircraft.

Underwater search

On 5 June 2009, the French nuclear submarine Émeraude was dispatched to the crash zone, arriving in the area on the 10th. The French submarines would be aided by two U.S. underwater audio devices capable of picking up signals at a depth of 20,000 ft (6,100 m).[98]

Following the end of the search for bodies, the search continued for the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder, the so-called "black boxes". French Bureau d'Enquetes et d'Analyses (BEA) chief Paul-Louis Arslanian said that he was not optimistic about finding them since they might have been under as much as 3,000 m (9,800 ft) of water and the terrain under this portion of the ocean was very rugged.

The third phase of the search ended on 24 May 2010 without any success

In July 2010, the US-based search consultancy Metron had been engaged to draw up a probability map of where to focus the search, based on prior probabilities from flight data and local condition reports, combined with the results from the previous searches.

Within a week of resuming of the search operation, on 3 April 2011, a team led by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution operating full ocean depth autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) owned by the Waitt Institute discovered, by means of sidescan sonar, a large portion of the debris field from flight AF447.

Air France Flight 447 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After reading the above it's very easy to see why it's now been stated that it will probably take beyond eight months to locate MH370...

28 Apr 2014

Retired Australian Defence chief Angus Houston, who is coordinating the search for MH370, says if everything goes perfectly it will take a minimum of eight months to examine the expanded search zone.

Air Chief Marshal Houston says he is confident authorities are looking in the right area.

"It will take time," he said. "I'd invite you all to just have a look at the French experience with their flight 447 - it took them two years to find the final resting place of that aircraft.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-28/abbott-says-mh370-search-moving-to-new-phase/5415764

Inmarsat, the company whose satellite had the last known contact with MH370, remains "very confident" in its analysis that the plane ended up in the southern Indian Ocean, a source close to the MH370 investigation told CNN.

The Inmarsat analysis is "based on testable physics and mathematics," the source said, and has been reviewed by U.S., British and Malaysian authorities as well as an independent satellite company.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Agree, but the Inmarsat information also provided an arc that includes a northerly course as a potential. None of the countries in the northern arc have reported radar detection of the flight. Either the flight was never detected because it went south or the countries have not or will not provide radar data (at least this was the case).

Agree, but the Inmarsat information also provided an arc that includes a northerly course as a potential. None of the countries in the northern arc have reported radar detection of the flight. Either the flight was never detected because it went south or the countries have not or will not provide radar data (at least this was the case).

It is interesting that Flight 370 traveled around Indonesia to avoid radar detection so if the flight were to have gone towards the northern arc what are the chances that all of those countries would have missed this flight on their radar? Getting past Indonesia and then heading south there would be no chance radar from any country would pick this flight up which is exactly what seems to have happened. jmo

MH370 Missing Plane Aerial Search Crew Pose For Solemn Farewell Photo As Air Hunt Ends (PICTURE)

o-AUSTRALIAN-DEFENCE-FORCE-900.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...unt-ends-picture_n_5239923.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

The United States, Japan, New Zealand and Malaysia all confirmed that their aircraft were returning to base. There was no immediate word from China, which accounted for most of the passengers on board.

As many as 14 ships from Australia, China and Britain were involved in scanning the ocean surface for debris or black box signals but many of these are also pulling out.

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...operations-scaled-back-1.583357#ixzz30O4oAerk

Inmarsat, the company whose satellite had the last known contact with MH370, remains "very confident" in its analysis that the plane ended up in the southern Indian Ocean, a source close to the MH370 investigation told CNN.

The Inmarsat analysis is "based on testable physics and mathematics," the source said, and has been reviewed by U.S., British and Malaysian authorities as well as an independent satellite company.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Yes, but my concern with this is we don't know for a fact the speed and altitude throughout it's journey, therefore math and physics do not apply.

JMO.

Navy scouring Bay of Bengal again for MH370 after GeoResonance claim

Bangladesh Navy has mounted a renewed search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in the Bay of Bengal after an Australian exploration company claimed to have traced its debris.

Two ships – BNS Bangabandhu and BNS Anusandhan – began scouring the sea from Tuesday night, Navy Director (Intelligence) Commodore Rashid Ali told bdnews24.com on Wednesday.

Geophysical survey company GeoResonance on Monday said it had spotted pieces of wreckage in the Bay of Bengal and that it should be investigated as potential debris from the Malaysian plane.

But the present search coordinators have dismissed the claim.

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014...ngal-again-for-mh370-after-georesonance-claim

Yes, but my concern with this is we don't know for a fact the speed and altitude throughout it's journey, therefore math and physics do not apply.

JMO.

And it wouldn't take much of a mistake on "proximity" to or from the satellite to have a hugely different and more interesting Northern arc.

Scientists believe they know where MH370 crashed
April 30, 2014
A research team at University of Western Australia believes the cabin is in one piece.
KUALA LUMPUR: Scientists on Thursday said they believe they know where Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 crashed into the ocean and that the cabin sank in one piece.
The research by the University of Western Australia, using meteorological and ocean-current data alongside the British analysis from data “pings” recorded by UK firm Inmarsat, determined the point of impact and the movements of debris in the weeks following the crash.
A fresh satellite sighting of 300 floating objects ranging in size from seven to 49 feet about 1,680 miles from Perth in the southern Indian Ocean was reported by Thailand yesterday, tallying with previous sightings by French and Chinese satellites. Thai satellite images show objects about 120 miles from a debris field of 122 objects captured by a French satellite on Sunday.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...ntists-believe-they-know-where-mh370-crashed/

:please:
I don't want to get my hopes up too high though...

At this point, they have found nothing! Time to reconsider a few of those first claims of "seeing" something or even what is coming up now that has a chance of being the missing plane. Remember the days we spent on "breaking news" waiting for planes/ships to get to the location only to discover it was nothing related to the MH 370?

My opinions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member