Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the theory of the plane being hijacked and hidden somewhere for later use: This would be a huge operation with so many people involved and so much pre-planning, with a landing place prepared for a Boeing 777 and a place to hide it---all this prep would have had to been done without any leaks, or chatter getting picked up by intelligence, and without any detection of the huge runway or hangar being constructed or the activity of all involved. This would be hard to prepare for in a sneaky way.

Also, what later use? If you need a plane to drop a bomb, you wouldn't need one this big. If you are going to crash it into something, why not just do that when you hijack it ? why wait for later? And if you're going to use it "later", how are you going to take this now famously missing absolutely huge plane and just go flying around in it without being detected, even if you're "under the radar" it would be seen as soon as it got anywhere near a populated area...

I don't totally dismiss this theory, but I have a lot of why's and how's about this one. But I feel the same about the other theories too...each one seems to have a lot of "but if that was the case" attached to it...
BBM.

The only thing I could think of was loading it with some sort of explosive to cause major damage. I agree it would be seen if flying below radar so it would need to be fairly near the target. Just one of many theories.

I undrrstand there are two transponders operating separately, one for each pilot both in the coickpit

BBM.

The only thing I could think of was loading it with some sort of explosive to cause major damage. I agree it would be seen if flying below radar so it would need to be fairly near the target. Just one of many theories.

Interesting. It would have to be an organization or country unable to build their own aircraft for this to make more sense to me. Otherwise, it is just too attention-drawing and risky to make any sort of sense if hijacking the plane wasn't going to be the primary purpose meant to "make a statement".

If it wasn't for the very real human tragedy of so many missing people, this would make a fascinating mystery thriller.

Sun has been up in that part of the world a little over an hour. Hoping this makes the search easier. God I hope all of those people are still alive!

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the CVR (cockpit voice recorder)?
Mobile phones can be activated from the outside (when turned off), it's a shame this doesn't apply for aircrafts (does it?)?

Could it be a case of hypoxia or other incapacitation of the crew and passengers causing it to veer off and travel on for a long distance? Could the transponders have been shut off by other means like a body falling against them?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522"]Helios Airways Flight 522 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Is it possible to turn off the CVR (cockpit voice recorder), does anyone know that?

Mobile phones can be activated from the outside (when turned off), it's a shame this doesn't apply for aircrafts (does it?)?
I have learned that is is possible and is done under certain circumstances. I guess I was just surprised it would ever need to be completely turned off. Maybe in the future, this could be changed to somehow not be able to turn it off but only temporarily disable it. I dont know. A lot of smart pilots on here that know a lot more.

Im praying they overlooked the engine transmissions.

I have no doubt the lack of tracking by Malysian air control is the main reason a Malaysian plane was chosen.

again implies pilot cooperation.

Interesting. It would have to be an organization or country unable to build their own aircraft for this to make more sense to me. Otherwise, it is just too attention-drawing and risky to make any sort of sense if hijacking the plane wasn't going to be the primary purpose meant to "make a statement".

You're not thinking like a terrorist. Planes are expensive - why waste one of your own when you can steal someone else's? Perhaps part of the thrill is the risk. Failing is just taking one for the cause, there's always another terrorist ready to step up and take your place. I think whoever hijacked this plane (assuming) is planning to make a statement, a much bigger one than simply hijacking a plane. This was not a whim, it was a very well researched and well executed plan, IMO, and it hasn't reached stage 2 yet.

People would have thought 9/11 was impossible yet it happened.

I agree that pilot suicide is a possibility but then I wonder what would be the point of turning off the transponders and turning around? Why not just put it in the South China Sea? Because of this, pilot suicide is low on my list.

I don't believe it was suicidal either. For now. :scared:

There should be no reason a 777 cannot be located is shallow salt water or be a fire somewhere if in the jungle.

And, where is the black box?

You're not thinking like a terrorist. Planes are expensive - why waste one of your own when you can steal someone else's? Perhaps part of the thrill is the risk. Failing is just taking one for the cause, there's always another terrorist ready to step up and take your place. I think whoever hijacked this plane (assuming) is planning to make a statement, a much bigger one than simply hijacking a plane. This was not a whim, it was a very well researched and well executed plan, IMO, and it hasn't reached stage 2 yet.

People would have thought 9/11 was impossible yet it happened.

Ahh, you're right. Will put my "terrorist mindcap" on now.

Does anybody know when the next scheduled presser is? They have generally been scheduled for 1700 local time (0500 EST) but I know there have been frequent deviations (sometimes pushing up the time, but usually pushing it back).

Is it possible that the plane landed somewhere, refueled, and took off again in the time between when it went missing and when the actual physical search started? Or even after since they may have been searching in the wrong places?

The TCAS display is combined with the primary flight display on two the five big screens you see in the cockpit shot - normally the one right above the control wheel for each pilot, both would have the information in front of them.

If the transponder was turned off a bunch of information on that display would go away. So yes, it would be noticeable.

Thank you. You saved me from mentally pursuing a lot of 'what if's'.

Based on the bizarre behaviors of the Malaysians over this whole thing, I have now allowed my mind to consider: Could some factor or group within the Malaysians themselves be behind this? And if so, how and why?

How: Pilot and co-pilot were given orders and they followed them. Turn plane around. Then either come back to Malaysia (maybe even to the same airport or the smallest one that has a long enough runway) or go to some other pre-arranged place (which countries are buddy buddy with Malaysia ?). It would have been in the middle of the night when the plane returned. I assume the U.S. is looking at any and every place within flying distance that has a runway long enough to have accepted this plane.

Why: I really don't know the answer to this. Who are Malaysias enemies? The Chinese? Perhaps someone high up in the Malaysian government thought it would somehow "show the Chinese a lesson" to kidnap those 20 Chinese technology experts?

Whoever would/could have done this had to have: 1.) been a real idiot 2.) had a LOT of power to persuade 3.) been totally out of touch with reality to have thought there would not be an enormous amount of international interest in the incident

The whole "move along here, nothing to see hear" attitude - of even the President of the country - is suspicious to me.

Any thoughts?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html?hp&_r=0

ABC News reported on Thursday evening that American officials believe the shutdown of two communications systems aboard the aircraft happened at separate times, suggesting they were turned off deliberately rather than as a result of a catastrophic failure.

The chief executive of Malaysia Airlines, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, said that the last data received from Flight 370 came at 1:07 a.m. on Saturday and gave no indication of trouble with the plane.

“That was the last transmission,” Mr. Ahmad Jauhari said at the news conference, held in Sepang, where the international airport serving Kuala Lumpur is. “It did not run beyond that.”

The Journal later corrected its report to say that it was satellite contacts, not transmission of technical data, that had continued for hours.

Has anyone heard any word on drones being used in the search?

I heard an expert a little while ago on cnn stating that systems could've shut down one by one. I'm going back to mechanical problem.
Flipping and flopping!

I haven't seen anything truly making sense about this missing airplane.

Yes, it is a huge ocean. However, there are many countries now involved in searching for it. Military capabilities, spying capabilities, and other forms of scientific ingenuity are being applied from countries all over the world. They must be covering a lot of territory at a rapid pace.

If they have found zero information after all this time, something is way off.

I'm hearing expert after expert on cnn explaining how hard it can be, how vast and that because Malaysia and China didn't immediately ask the US or France, Holland, England- all nations with the resources, willingness and massive experience in accident Investigations, precious time has been lost and it could be a very long time before it's found.

I keep hearing the needle in a haystack analogy.

I guess if the pilot wanted to commit suicide by crashing the plane he may feel ashamed about doing it and by turning off the transponder he may hope the plane will crash, the wreckage never would be found and nobody would find out what he had done.

I suffer from depression because I was the victim of medical negligence and had surgery that left me disabled aged 22. I am nearly 30 now and feel embarrassed and ashamed about my depression even though what happened wasn't my fault. I have never tried to commit suicide and certainly wouldn't injure anyone else in the process. But I can understand someone killing themselves but trying to make it look like an accident or the act of someone else because they were ashamed and felt they were taking the cowards way out in their mind.

If the pilot committed suicide by crashing the plane and taking the lives of 239 people he will be remembered as an evil, heartless monster. However if the plane crashes and it looks like an accident he will die a hero who tried to save the plane.

I just wanted to explain why the transponder may have been switched off in a suicide. I don't know what has happened it is still a mystery.

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman