Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officials revealed that the final words from the cockpit - "All right, good night" - were spoken to air traffic controllers after the plane's data communication system had been partially disabled. The pilots did not mention any trouble on board, suggesting they may have been misleading ground control.

Asked what the significance of this was, air force Maj. Gen. Affendi Buang told reporters: "This will tell you something ... because this is something not normal that the pilot would do."

Affendi said he did not know whether it was the pilot or co-pilot who spoke to air traffic controllers. That uncertainty also opened the possibility that someone else spoke those words, though he did not mention this scenario.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysi...5-countries-helping-search-for-missing-plane/

bbm

RE http://www.liveatc.net/

I have listened to lots. This guys

Air force Maj. Gen. Affendi Buang told reporters: "This will tell you something ... because this is something not normal that the pilot would do."

This guy is from the armed forces. THey are more yes sir no sir stuff !!

In commercial aviation ATC and flight crews are very cordial to one another

Very often in hand offs , there are very short quick exchanges i.e thanx - see ya round have good flight see ya soon my pleasure good day etc so the two words are really really common

IF you listen to some of these you will see that very clipped interactions but repsectful of one another

Series of Errors by Malaysia Mounts, Complicating the Task of Finding Flight 370
By KEITH BRADSHER and MICHAEL FORSYTHE

MARCH 15, 2014

SEPANG, Malaysia — The radar blip that was Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 did a wide U-turn over the Gulf of Thailand and then began moving inexorably past at least three military radar arrays as it traversed northern Malaysia, even flying high over one of the country’s biggest cities before heading out over the Strait of Malacca.

(snip)
“The watch team never noticed the blip,” said a person with detailed knowledge of the investigation into Flight 370. “It was as though the airspace was his.”

(snip)
“The fact that it flew straight over Malaysia, without the Malaysian military identifying it, is just plain weird — not just weird, but also very damning and tragic,” said David Learmount, the operations and safety editor for Flightglobal, a news and data service for the aviation sector.

Images (screengrabs) from article:

[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/9bd7a237-fedf-441e-91dc-3c55cbaf9e83_zpsa09bfe50.png.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/62d8cf4d-9f41-405c-b89c-312cc73bb6a5_zps236656de.png.html][/URL]

Much More @ Link

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/world/asia/series-of-errors-by-malaysia-mounts-complicating-the-task-of-finding-flight-370.html?hp&_r=0

Yes, we know what they are up to, but I imagine not 100%, and this probably gives us additional insight.

And I believe the U.S. has found it or it's in the ocean where no one can find it. Someone may be able to evade us for a point, but I think we're the only ones who could unravel what happened. Already we've figured out some stuff about their flight path that they seem to not have wanted us to know.

You could be right. But it's wrong to assume that no one or group is capable of destroying us (U.S.) - arrogance is dangerous IMHO

Can anyone think of a reason that they may wait until they are to be switched to Vietnamese ATC before putting any plan into place??

Probably answered 20 pages back, but have just woken up and am in "catch up" mode...

The reason for this would be to keep Malaysian ATC in the mindset that the aircraft had departed their airspace, but Vietnamese ATC in the mindset that it had never entered theirs...

So the departure from flight plan has occurred between the handover and neither Malay or Viet controllers felt compelled to follow up on the aircraft because one had handed off and the other had not picked up...

So as you could imagine, the Malay controller has washed his hands of the task of looking after MH370 at this point, believing the aircraft was now in Vietnamese control and the Vietnamese controller was busy with other aircraft and wasn't exactly "looking for" MH370 - so when MH370 turns off transponders and for all intent and purpose ceases to exist or appear on his schedue, he just goes about business as usual (which now doesn't include MH370) and its happy days... meanwhile MH370 has diverted course with transponders off and b oth controllers are essentially none the wiser...

It is sad to contemplate but if this was taken by terrorists, their goal would more likely have been to gain the airplane as opposed to wanting 200 hostages.

Terrorists kill people. It is what they do. Men, women and children.

Speculation alert.

Don't have time to look for good spot now, but didn't capt fly for Philippine Airline? Capt was also good at landing planes, if he got it down with no serious injuries an old military base/camp might have a place to secure passengers while being close to fresh water. Or a place they may have practiced take offs and landings in years past.

There are Muslim groups in Philippines, as well, perhaps getting some assistance with supplies.

Re: Jump seat. I was a travel Agent from the late 80's to 2000. Back in the 80s and 90s we used to get very very cheap tickets, but the condition was that we had to wait until everyone was boarded and if there were any seats left we could have them.....you'd have to run to make the plane...if there wasn't then tough luck, you got stuck wherever you were. Quite often you'd end up in the jumps seat. I bet they put a stop on that!!!

I was thinking that maybe someone else got into the cockpit and had a gun at the pilots head and was forcing them to fly, and it may be the reason the flight went up and then down....maybe there was a scuffle etc.....just thinking aloud...

However we have now heard that the ACARS system was switched of BEFORE they said all right, good night. It just doesn't seem to add up that it was someone else in there..it seemed to all go skewiff once they left the Malaysian airspace...in other words they turned off the ACARS system, all was calm, they said goodnight and then all hell broke loose not long after...

I am sorry but this makes it look worse for the pilots...

Can anyone think of a reason that they may wait until they are to be switched to Vietnamese ATC before putting any plan into place??

I don't know but I think the pilot of Silk Air may have done the same thing.

What is all that stuff to the right of the red circle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like wake to me.. I think most of these tiles show boats.

Also, to thise who think the plane landed, how did it get around radar? Because experts are saying it pretty unlikely the plane could've landed and evaded detection.

The only concern I have regarding a terrorist explanation, is that generally terror groups want to be credited for their action, and we still don't know.

Time for FBI, NTSB to take reins of Malaysia probe, Rep. Peter King says

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ysia-probe-into-missing-plane-wants-more-fbi/

Officials say they have less than three weeks left to recover the boxes.

snipped
Reports that two Iranians boarded the flight with stolen passports were written off too quickly, added King, who said that there are still many unanswered questions regarding the two passengers.

NTSB to take reins :

They got snuggled in on Thurs - did you all notice how FRi FLEW in terms of new info

Probably answered 20 pages back, but have just woken up and am in "catch up" mode...

The reason for this would be to keep Malaysian ATC in the mindset that the aircraft had departed their airspace, but Vietnamese ATC in the mindset that it had never entered theirs...

So the departure from flight plan has occurred between the handover and neither Malay or Viet controllers felt compelled to follow up on the aircraft because one had handed off and the other had not picked up...

So as you could imagine, the Malay controller has washed his hands of the task of looking after MH370 at this point, believing the aircraft was now in Vietnamese control and the Vietnamese controller was busy with other aircraft and wasn't exactly "looking for" MH370 - so when MH370 turns off transponders and for all intent and purpose ceases to exist or appear on his schedue, he just goes about business as usual (which now doesn't include MH370) and its happy days... meanwhile MH370 has diverted course with transponders off and b oth controllers are essentially none the wiser...

Thank you, that's what I've been trying to say all along but you said it in a way that even I can understand it. :)

You could be right. But it's wrong to assume that no one or group is capable of destroying us (U.S.) - arrogance is dangerous IMHO

Not saying that the U.S. couldn't be severely attacked or have a plane hijacked - I'm saying we have the best investigative capabilities, so that if anyone could solve the mystery, it's most likely to be us (probably with some help from allies). I'm not saying the U.S. is guaranteed to figure out what happened, but if that's so, I sure as heck don't think Malaysia will.

Awesome there equivelent of NTSB is terrific - Canada has great group also !

Speculation alert.

Don't have time to look for good spot now, but didn't capt fly for Philippine Airline? Capt was also good at landing planes, if he got it down with no serious injuries an old military base/camp might have a place to secure passengers while being close to fresh water. Or a place they may have practiced take offs and landings in years past.

There are Muslim groups in Philippines, as well, perhaps getting some assistance with supplies.

For what reason would they do this? They've made no demands (as far as we're aware) so what would be their reason of keeping so many hostages alive? They'd have to try and keep them under control at all times, water and feed them, provide toilets etc.
Perhaps we can assume that demands would have been exhanged quickly to reduce the time the perps would have had to keep so many hostages.

They are quite sure.

The New York Times reported that radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appear to show the plane ascending to 45,000 feet and making a sharp turn to the right not long after it disappeared from civilian radar.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/15/malaysia-airlines-mh370-lost-plane-questions

Haven't they since said the altitude data was misleading because it showed a drop that couldn't have happened in the time frame indicated?

[/B]

bbm

ITA with this.

Apparently, the mom was waiting for one in Germany so it's like, "OK, never mind."

If they were part of terrorist group, they might be wary of telling the mom on the phone, "no it's ok you don't have to wait for me there because I WON"T BE THERE," since they would be afraid of that conversation being picked up by spy agencies.

JMO.

Or they wouldn't have wanted their mum to know full stop. Most terrorists are alienated from their families due to radical beliefs or their families/friends are completely shocked when they find out what they've become involved in.

And given the extent of aviation experience required to navigate such an exact path around the radar boundaries, and the fact the person who booked their flights didn't specify a particular journey (just the cheapest), sounds more like they were genuine asylum seekers.

Plus, the fact that this appears more and more to be a very well planned (i.e. months/years in advance) and executed operation, this to me also makes pilot suicide/revenge theory seem even less likely.

IMO

Get around radar? Easy, if no one is paying attention! Apparently, they did avoid detection for HOURS in Malaysian airspace. jmo jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean