Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...leader-anwar-ibrahim-sodomy-jailed-five-years

Anwar Ibrahim had his acquittal over turned, but he has not been jailed. According to this he is free on bail while he takes his case to a higher court. Yes there is corruption when it comes to this case, but I wish the media would stop saying he was sent to jail. This has been going on for years and from what I understand it can keep him from running for office, but he is still free for now.

I'm not going to lie, I love the simulator on cnn.

Eta: anyone else watching just now realized the guy in the simulator just said you have to go down to the electronics bay to unplug the ACARS and then Wolf was like "yeah it can be turned off from the cockpit" or something to that extent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be turned off in the cockpit so to speak. It degrades the system when done manually. In order to totally shut it off it has to be done below the cockpit.

CNN talking about reports of pilot's very strong ties with the opposition political group in Malaysia. Has been a member of an opposition group for "many years".

Yes, apparently 'opposition group' in this case doesn't mean radical--it's a "legal" opposition group (meaning it's less than radical in the eyes of government).

Doesn't this guy look like the pilot ?

CNN even did their own side by side! I snapped this image from the TV.

Oddly enough, he also resembles a new twitter follower I picked up this week. ;D

Who is he?

Search For Flight MH370 Reportedly Largest In History
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...or-flight-mh370-reportedly-largest-in-history

The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has spawned the largest-ever multinational air-sea search — involving ships, airplanes from at least 14 countries and requests for radar information from as many as 26.

The nature of the search, in which such an enormous stretch of the globe is being scoured, is also equally unprecedented, officials say.

Get this, search area has expanded considerably.

Malaysian Airlines MH370: live
http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/22025066/malaysia-police-probe-flight-engineer-on-missing-plane/

16.31 The search area for Flight MH370 is now up to 30 million square miles, according to several estimates. The leader of one of the Malaysia search missions, Captain Fareq Hassan, said:

This is not just a needle in a haystack, it’s a haystack that gets bigger and shifts under us due to the (ocean’s) drift.

That is really a large area. It is like finding a particular speck of dust in a house. :scared: :crazy:

Decline, decline, decline...

Why are people declining to say if he was still employed, if he would be capable of foul play, etc.?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/22025066/malaysia-police-probe-flight-engineer-on-missing-plane/

Snipped and BBM

"Khairul had said he worked for a Swiss-based jet charter firm called Execujet Aviation Group, but the company declined to say whether it still employed him."

"He declined to say whether he believed his son could have been involved in any foul play."

I did post this before. Most reputable firms will not give out information on whether someone is employed by thm or not. They can be sued under privacy laws. Re Khairul's father. There were later reports of him denying that his son could be involved. There is so much misreporting in Malaysia. At that time maybe the father was incensed at the question of whether he thought his son was involved and just did not answer. JMOO

Airplane disappearance have happened in America.

Volunteers try to solve mystery of 1950 plane crash in Lake Michigan
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscon...h-in-lake-michigan-b99222243z1-249370671.html

An airliner disappears without a trace over water, vanishing from radar without a Mayday or witness to its final fatal moments.

As searchers continue to look for the Malaysia Airlines flight that failed to reach its destination last weekend with 239 on board, there's an eerily similar mystery that's much closer to home — the unsolved fate of Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 2501, which crashed into Lake Michigan in 1950.

At the time, Northwest 2501 was the worst commercial aviation disaster in U.S. history with 58 people lost. Though debris and body parts were found, the wreckage is still somewhere in Lake Michigan.

Debris and humans remains have been found. The whole airplane has not been found. Likely at the bottom of Lake Michigan. Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 2501 was considered the deadliest air crash in America at the time in 1950.

Search For Flight MH370 Reportedly Largest In History
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...or-flight-mh370-reportedly-largest-in-history

The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has spawned the largest-ever multinational air-sea search — involving ships, airplanes from at least 14 countries and requests for radar information from as many as 26.

The nature of the search, in which such an enormous stretch of the globe is being scoured, is also equally unprecedented, officials say.

Get this, search area has expanded considerably.

Malaysian Airlines MH370: live

16.31 The search area for Flight MH370 is now up to 30 million square miles, according to several estimates. The leader of one of the Malaysia search missions, Captain Fareq Hassan, said:

This is not just a needle in a haystack, it’s a haystack that gets bigger and shifts under us due to the (ocean’s) drift.

That is really a large area. It is like finding a particular speck of dust in a house. :scared: :crazy:

They mentioned on the news and I agree with them that you would hope as time progressed that the searches would start to narrow down closer + closer to where they think the plane ended up.

I have to agree what they said that this is one of the very few (if only 1) cases where the search area has consistently grown bigger and bigger as time has gone on.

Its absolutely crazy and not helping much.

"If" this was a catastrophic event how did this plane manage to fly for 7 hours. Every theory I bounce defies logic :banghead:

BBM ~ My sentiments exactly. :banghead:

I feel like we're going around and around in a continuous loop. :scared:

I'm starting to get worried that we'll never find this plane or know what happened to those poor people, or at least not for a long time, after the black box stops pinging. I'm pretty much sure it crashed, most likely in the sea, but where?!!

Even if the plane is ever found, the black box will be of no help.
With all communications having been turned off, the black box would have only recorded what happened before all communication was disabled. Which may or not be helpful.

I don't know if this is actually correct, but I think I read on the last thread that the black box only works properly if the transponders and ACARS, etc are on and working.

so, nothing new today then? I quickly scanned the thread but I do not have the energy to read any more thoroughly today

I can't imagine how mentally drained and physically exhausted the families are -

this has got to end soon!

O/T I keep reading here about tin/tin foil hats. Excuse my ignorance but could someone please inform me what these hats are? TIA

Thank you for replying. I somehow missed your reply earlier and wanted to thank you. And someone else also replied that stewardesses sometimes have those little drop down seats too.

Thanks so much because I never heard them called "jump seats" and that term was being thrown around a lot yesterday and I was confused what it was.

Most welcome. I first learned of those when I read the book, Catch Me If You Can (about a guy who impersonated airline pilots among other professions. Totally unsettling in that his skillsets greatly resembled those of my son at the time. ;)) Book was the inspiration for the TV show White Collar; I liked the movie better than the book (with Leonardo DiCaprio, who also bears a striking resemblance to my son).

O/T I keep reading here about tin/tin foil hats. Excuse my ignorance but could someone please inform me what these hats are? TIA

A tin foil hat is a hat made from one or more sheets of aluminum foil or a piece of conventional headgear lined with foil, worn in the belief it shields the brain from threats such as electromagnetic field, mind control, and telepathy.

The notion of wearing homemade headgear for protection has become a popular stereotype and byword for paranoia, persecutory delusions, and belief in conspiracy theories. This derision is often used to mock the credulous who propose conspiracy theories to explain major events.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat"]Tin foil hat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

BBM ~ My sentiments exactly. :banghead:

I feel like we're going around and around in a continuous loop. :scared:

I even put my tin foil hat on and tossed around a new Bermuda Triangle LOL Sadly having to deal with Malaysia has hampered this Investigation :banghead:

"If" this was a catastrophic event how did this plane manage to fly for 7 hours. Every theory I bounce defies logic :banghead:

Something along the lines of decompression and hypoxia causing the pilots to become disorientated and muddle up the switches, manage to turn the plane and set some nonsensical flight path into the autopilot. They lose consciousness quickly and the plane flies on until it runs out of fuel. I don't know if that's even possible with what we know. But I can't get over the coincidence of it happening during the handover between ATC's.

A tin foil hat is a hat made from one or more sheets of aluminum foil or a piece of conventional headgear lined with foil, worn in the belief it shields the brain from threats such as electromagnetic field, mind control, and telepathy.

The notion of wearing homemade headgear for protection has become a popular stereotype and byword for paranoia, Persecutory delusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and belief in Conspiracy theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. This derision is often used to mock the credulous who propose conspiracy theories to explain major events.

Tin foil hat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well said. :floorlaugh:

Something along the lines of decompression and hypoxia causing the pilots to become disorientated and muddle up the switches, manage to turn the plane and set some nonsensical flight path into the autopilot. They lose consciousness quickly and the plane flies on until it runs out of fuel. I don't know if that's even possible with what we know. But I can't get over the coincidence of it happening during the handover between ATC's.

Yes the timing is highly suspect. Or a really strange fluke

I am catching up and Thank You for this post that was near the end of the last Thread.

This to me seems important because it shows he had an "interest" in the story about the Boston Bombing.

To me, it shows an interest and nothing more than that however I add it to the list of things that are accumulating towards who could have possibly been involved in this plane's demise if it was intentionally hijacked.

Statistically if we were to randomly sample 1000 people that do not live in the US, I am willing to bet that a small percentage would have taken interest enough in the Boston Bombing to actually post something on Facebook about it. So to me, it is just another mark to add to the list of concerning things. Nothing more but it adds up with other marks.

I am trying to keep the totality of the evidence along with all other things when trying to decide who may have been involved with this plane's demise.

BBM.
I don't find it concerning or suspicious that the pilot had an 'interest' in the Boston Bombing.
I had an interest in the Boston Bombing as well. I have an interest in terrorism/terrorists. I also have an interest in serial killers. Does that mean that one day I'll be a terrorist or a serial killer? Does it make me a bad person? No. I just find these kinds of things interesting to me. I'm sure the pilot was the same way.

I'm not ready to blame the pilot for the plane's disappearance yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485