Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get worried that we'll never find this plane or know what happened to those poor people, or at least not for a long time, after the black box stops pinging. I'm pretty much sure it crashed, most likely in the sea, but where?!!

I'm starting to get worried that we'll never find this plane or what happened to those poor people, or at least not for a long time, after the black box stops pinging. I'm pretty much sure it crashed, most likely in the sea, but where?!!

I am beginning to feel the same. I am leaning towards the idea it was flown out into the Indian Ocean somewhere and crashed. It may never be found or it could take years. And I think its quite possible we will never learn what really happened. That is both sad and frightening.

So I know we are aware of the co-pilots FINAL words.
However, do we know they are his ONLY words?

People keep saying that he didn't repeat back what was said to him.
How do we know that? Have we been told the ONLY thing said to ATC was "All right, good night?"

ATC could have given instructions to the co-pilot which he then repeated back.
Then ATC could have said okay, you are now going to enter Vietnam ATC.
The co-pilot also could have repeated that back.
Then ATC may have said "Have a good flight", to which the co-pilot simply responded "All right, good night."

It's possible that the ATC and the pilots generally work the same shifts and know each other.
It's also possible they were having some kind of casual conversation and the ATC guys shift was over.
Maybe the ATC guy even mentioned he was tired and was going home to go to bed.

I'm just not seeing the uproar about this topic I guess. :dunno:

You copied my post before I made it. Really, I was about to say the same thing. There's just too much being made of the "All right, good night" thing. It's meaningless. It could have come after all the proper transmission protocols were completed.

That said - two things that bother me today --

1. If it's not possible to pinpoint exactly when the ACARS system was shut down - sometime after the last ping and before the next ping was due - why the heck have all the avaiation experts who have been investigating this situation not caught that before now? We trust these people with our lives every time we get on a plane and they don't know any better than this?? That's scary.

2. Until someone can tell me what kind of catastraphic event would take out both communication systems yet still allow the plane to keep flying an altered flight plan for four or more hours, I'm not believing the accident scenerio. Too many things about it don't make sense. We're back to asking ourselves if it's just coincidence that this all happened during the brief moment between airspaces. Why was the flight plan altered from the original destination? Why did the altered flight plane have the plane flying as low as 5,000 ft? Where is the beepin' plane??

Exactly. I think one of the theories is terrorists hijacked the plane landed on some remote island where other terrorists planned to have fuel , refuelled and continued flying to whatever destination.

If it wasn't so sad, I'd be laughing.

And I am not sure which is more sad for the passengers and their family, this or it crashing. I think and pray for those passengers every day.

In addition to a pilot and first officer (co-pilot), don't flight crews also include a flight engineer who sits in the cockpit? Why none on this flight, or is the concept obsolete? TIA.

I'm starting to get worried that we'll never find this plane or know what happened to those poor people, or at least not for a long time, after the black box stops pinging. I'm pretty much sure it crashed, most likely in the sea, but where?!!

I'm worried about this also Waddles and PrairieWind can you imagine if 239 families cannot bury their loved ones or find out what happened to them. People could forever wonder if their friend or relative is still alive or if they suffered. I can't imagine how much the families are suffering right now and I don't blame them for getting upset and angry with the Malaysian government and Malaysian Airlines.

Is that map real? How could the plane have flown to Greenland or Brazil on 7 hours worth of fuel? That's not possible.

I'm sorry for offending anyone by bringing this map in here. I posted the map after listening to several days of conflicting stories regarding the facts surrounding the disappearance of MH370.

Is was not posted in a 'HAHAHA this is so funny' way.

My thoughts when I posted the map 'oh my word, they really have no idea where to look for this plane.'

I was frustrated and I'm sorry for offending anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to a pilot and first officer (co-pilot), don't flight crews also include a flight engineer who sits in the cockpit? Why none on this flight, or is the concept obsolete? TIA.

According to Wikipedia flight engineers are normally on older aircraft. Most flights comprise of a pilot and co-pilot also known as first officer. There may also be a third officer on long haul flights.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircrew"]Aircrew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Something is going on, didnt they just get there this week-end?

No, they have been searching from the onset or very shortly thereafter. They have got to be weary and the ship in need of maintenance at this point. I heard the captain/commander(?) interviewed this morning I believe.

I'm sorry for offending anyone by bringing this map in here. I posted the map after listening to several days of conflicting stories regarding the facts surrounding the disappearance of MH370.

My thoughts when I posted the map 'oh my word, they really have no idea where to look for this plane.'

No worries alwaysonmymind we are all frustrated and fed up with no developments or answers about what happened to the poor people on this plane.

When the story of this missing plane first broke, I was recovering from the flu and thought my fuzzy head just couldn't hold onto what I read. I now realize the story is changing every day. A commercial airline pilot on Fox this morning said that the last transmission was not unusual and that standard practice would be for the co-pilot to speak to the ATC while the pilot flew the plane. He also found nothing nefarious about the pilot having built a simulator. I think the pilot might be a convenient scapegoat for the Malaysian government. He is a supporter of the legal opposition party, not some fringe group. Someone else said that the search area compared to finding a single person somewhere between New York City and Los Angeles.

Don't worry, you didn't offend anyone, I think some just misunderstood what it was. But we got that you posted it out of frustration that it could be anywhere lost in a hugely vast area.

What?? They searched the entire area already? What the heck?

Sadly I think the search is slowly winding down all the countries are not going to spend millions of pounds looking for a plane when nobody has any idea where it could be. It is very worrying this plane may never be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member