Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser here in Australia by our foreign minister.... Australia seeking full independent international inquiry, seeking access to the site, wish to send consular staff and are seeking permission ... will provide full consular support. Urge separatists to return black box if they have taken it. We have passports, we have a manifest, contacting families. Taking this exceedingly seriously with utmost seriousness.

Tragedy it has come to this.

They shouldn't have screwed with Australia. An absolutely disgusting and horrifying act of terrorism. I wish I could think the U.S. & EU would do anything more than sternly wave their fingers at Putin, but I don't see Australia just shutting up and going away.

My heart goes out to the loved ones of both flights. I can't even imagine what MH370 families are going through.

If this proves to be true, this is incredible.

Does this imply that perhaps Russia military themselves were in the area to help the "rebels" in the regional conflict? Maybe supplying more than weapons but their military people too?
The conflict in the area is so confusing, i have no idea if this is implying that or not.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe some Ukrainians want to seperate from the Ukraine and go back under Russia's power.

They shouldn't have screwed with Australia. An absolutely disgusting and horrifying act of terrorism. I wish I could think the U.S. & EU would do anything more than sternly wave their fingers at Putin, but I don't see Australia just shutting up and going away.

What is it that you expect Australia is going to do?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe some Ukrainians want to seperate from the Ukraine and go back under Russia's power.

The ones living in Eastern Ukraine. Western Ukraine is pro Europe.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care what country the victims are from. Each and every one of them are victims of this senseless act of violence. Not one of them deserve to be dead no matter their nationality or country of origin.

World Peace? It really isn't much to ask for, but sadly the people who govern us all around the world aren't interested in it.
Putin, Obama, Cameron, Netanayu etc etc all have blood on their hands and will continue to do so to keep the military-industrial complex happy. Psychos!

My heart goes out to all the families who lost relatives today in the incident over Ukraine. May they all RIP.

My heart goes out even more to the families in Gaza who will undoubtably see their death toll rise rapidly now that the Israeli Govt has instructed the IDF to launch a ground invasion.

One incident garners world outrage, front page news and wall to wall news coverage.
The other incident is tucked away on page 32 of the newspaper and maybe a brief mention in 'other news' on the 24hr news stations.

Sickening.

I'd expect them (Australia) to cancel Putin's invitation to an important meeting coming up shortly there. More importantly I would look for them to take economic sanctions against Russian interests in their country. Expecting the Russian people to do anything about the they have running their country is a bit much. I suspect most Russians admire this guy because he 'stands up' for them. The only way they are going to get rid of him is if his reckless actions bring hardship and misery on them.

Back in May, my husband and I were over in France visiting with family and went to dinner at the home of one of my husband's childhood friends. As usual, talk at the dinner table turned to politics (arguing about politics--and I'm not just talking national or international politics, either--is the French national sport, I'm convinced.) At some point the conversation turned to events in the U.S. and I blurted out, "here we are arguing over Obamacare (that's what they call it over there, I'm not taking sides with that appellation) while Russia is starting WWIII in the Ukraine and the U.S. and the EU are doing nothing." And everyone got really quiet and agreed and then we went back to arguing over the local town council's decision to designate an area as a public park but not build any restrooms with predictable results.

Anyway, the point is that no one wants to believe that the world can blow up and go to international war over what seems to be a minor territorial dispute between two countries or two factions within the same country--thus ignoring the lessons of WWI and WWII and I will throw the Vietnam and Korean wars in there for good measure.

From Wikipedia on the start of WWI:
The crisis came after a long and difficult series of diplomatic clashes between the Great Powers (Italy, France, Germany, Britain, Austria-Hungary and Russia) over European and colonial issues in the decade before 1914 that had left tensions high. In turn these diplomatic clashes can be traced to changes in the balance of power in Europe since 1867.[2] The more immediate cause for the war was tensions over territory in the Balkans. Austria-Hungary competed with Serbia and Russia for territory and influence in the region and they pulled the rest of the Great Powers into the conflict through their various alliances and treaties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_World_War_I
And also from Wiki, how the ineffectual responses of the rest of the world to territorial aggression in Europe led to world war:

All those aggressive moves met only feeble and ineffectual policies of appeasement from the League of Nations and the Entente Cordiale, in retrospect symbolized by the "peace in our time" quote at the Munich Conference, that had allowed the annexation of the Sudeten from interwar Czechoslovakia. When the German Führer broke the promise he had made at that conference to respect that country's future territorial integrity in March 1939 by sending troops intoPrague, its capital, breaking off Slovakia as a German client state, and absorbing the rest of it as the "Protectorate of Bohemia-Moravia", Britain and France tried to switch to a policy of deterrence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_World_War_II

Does any of this sound, you know, familiar????

http://globalnews.ca/news/1457981/f...o-of-plane-on-facebook-in-case-it-disappears/
There were 154 Dutch, 27 Australians, 23 Malaysians, 11 Indonesians, six from the United Kingdom,
four Germans, four Belgians, three from the Philippines, and one Canadian on board the plane.

There was supposed to be 23 Americans on board, but that has not been confirmed yet.

This thread is moving fast & I am haven't been able to keep up ... so I hope
this is not repeating info ... but here is probably the last photo taken of
MH17 intact by one of the last passengers who then posted it on the internet ...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...st-facebook-post-proves-tragically-prophetic/
In a reference to the disappearance of flight MH370 in March,
Mr Pan posted the picture on his Facebook page with the message:
“If the plane disappears, this is what it looks like”

cor-pan-facebook1.jpg

World Peace? It really isn't much to ask for, but sadly the people who govern us all around the world aren't interested in it.
Putin, Obama, Cameron, Netanayu etc etc all have blood on their hands and will continue to do so to keep the military-industrial complex happy. Psychos!

My heart goes out to all the families who lost relatives today in the incident over Ukraine. May they all RIP.

My heart goes out even more to the families in Gaza who will undoubtably see their death toll rise rapidly now that the Israeli Govt has instructed the IDF to launch a ground invasion.

One incident garners world outrage, front page news and wall to wall news coverage.
The other incident is tucked away on page 32 of the newspaper and maybe a brief mention in 'other news' on the 24hr news stations.

Sickening.

I agree 1,000,000%

You should add Abbott to that list .. we haplessly follow the UK and USA into any international conflict they care to engage in like an unpopular kid suddenly invited to the cool kids party .. I am so sick to death of it, and disgusted by what I see as commercial motivations .. NO I do not believe we are fighting for freedom or any of the BS justifications we give for going in to any of these conflicts .. we are there for $$$ and power and we all have blood on our hands. JMO .. sorry for the rant, but it's really been getting my goat lately.

One of the world's leading AIDS Professors/researchers and head of the World AIDS Society JOEP LANGE among those killed in #MH17

Confirmation many leading and high profile AIDS scientists, Doctors, researchers and activists were among the 29 killed in MH17 disaster.

The doomed flight was scheduled to change at Kuala Lumpur to MH129 and fly to Melbourne where an International AIDS conference was to begin next week.

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/newsfeed/2014/7/breaking-news-mh17/

I expect them to take some diplomatic actions with teeth and put the pressure on the rest of the Commonwealth to do the same. And by 'actions with teeth' I do not mean shutting down access to funds in Australia for one or two diplomatic officials.

Reports here now say that many people on the flight would split in Kuala Lumpur. Some going to Perth, some going to Melbourne. Presumably others heading off elsewhere. The actual plane, they are now saying, would have headed off to Perth.

3 infants on board. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member