Man found dead on Staten Island with ‘I touch little girls’ written on chest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Somehow, I think this might be accurate. He had something like 26 prior criminal convictions, some for domestic violence. The article said he was sharing an apartment with a woman relative and her two young daughters. :(

The man hardly ever came outside,” said Williams. “He could barely walk. He could barely lift his arms up. When he’d go to the store to buy beer, he had to put a backpack on for two little cans because he couldn’t carry them. That’s how pitiful his state was. The man looked like he was 110.”

The man hardly ever came outside,” said Williams. “He could barely walk. He could barely lift his arms up. When he’d go to the store to buy beer, he had to put a backpack on for two little cans because he couldn’t carry them. That’s how pitiful his state was. The man looked like he was 110.”

I found this quite a bit curious with respect to his frailty. Did he walk to the store? I’ve seen men put liquor store purchases in a backpack, and virtually all of them walk/bike, not drive. Obviously he was frail enough to “look 110” and to need a home health aide.

I found this quite a bit curious with respect to his frailty. Did he walk to the store? I’ve seen men put liquor store purchases in a backpack, and virtually all of them walk/bike, not drive. Obviously he was frail enough to “look 110” and to need a home health aide.

He was on a mission to get that beer. I wonder why his home health aide didn't go get the beer?

newsweek.com tells us that this man's daughter is furious someone did this to her father. Enraged about the writing on him. She lives in North Carolina.

Carolyn Whetstone said her father is incapable of such a thing. He has cancer and arthritic knees. She missed the beer run I guess. Why?

Whetstone could not get calls through to her dad for well over a YEAR! A year. She finally called police to do a wellness check. They reported back he was ill and hardly able to move. In her statement he would not hurt a child she emphasizes he has daughters, and granddaughters who he babysat for visiting North Carolina.

No judgment here. Maybe she couldn't make.the trip or have a sister or grown grandchild check on him.

The worse part of all of this is this poor little girl being dragged on concrete in NY. Plus all her old injuries.

Nurse mom was busted for driving a car on March 1st. No passenger window. No license. Nada. She told police she doesn't recognize the laws of the United States.

He was on a mission to get that beer. I wonder why his home health aide didn't go get the beer?

Well since she doesn't need to comply with the laws of the US (but insists upon her rights, how does that work, exactly?) she might not have appropriate ID to indicate her age.

From the pictures in the articel, she's likely to be carded, Mr. Raynor was much less so.

Rest in peace, Sir, comfort to your family and friends.

images

Please do not call this home health aide a nurse. 'Nurse' is a legally protected term in most states and this accused abuser is not a nurse.

You're right. My apologies. I was thinking "who called this chick a nurse?"

Home health aide. Knew she wasn't an RN or even LPN. Live in elderly helper.

Well since she doesn't need to comply with the laws of the US (but insists upon her rights, how does that work, exactly?) she might not have appropriate ID to indicate her age.

From the pictures in the articel, she's likely to be carded, Mr. Raynor was much less so.

Rest in peace, Sir, comfort to your family and friends.

images

See that! Didn't cross my mind. She'd get carded.

Thank you friend. Your mind works for me.

Sad, sad, sad that his kin were estranged (son) or far away like his daughter.

See that! Didn't cross my mind. She'd get carded.

Thank you friend. Your mind works for me.

Sad, sad, sad that his kin were estranged (son) or far away like his daughter.

Takes a village, Filly, we're the Old Wives in charge of all the Old Wives Tales.

The pandemic may be a huge factor in keeping them apart. New York was an early site for the virus, it would be hard to justify going there -- especially on public transportation.

Keep in mind that the COVID-19 pandemic kept many families apart for months. I didn't travel to see my Dad & sister for 16 months. I was furloughed, and we still decided that the risk was too great. Although my Dad is healthy for 86 -- he's 86.

Now my step-sister & step-brother each saw him twice. Claiming to 'follow the science,' they went to different airports -- and her SO went to a 3rd, got on airliners, changed planes in another set of airports, and visited their mom & my Dad. TWICE.

Somebody tell my sister & I exactly what science they were following, please.

Sounds as if Ms. Whetstone was possibly protecting her Dad's health by staying away?

Possibly accepting the 'caregiver's' excuses -- he's napping, he's out in the park, he's playing cards with the neighbor...we've heard how these dangerous isolators work.

She had an apartment, a home for herself & for her daughter. Not any more!

There's more to this than we know, I expect.

He may have had a lifetime habit of a walk to the nearby store to pick up a couple cans of beer for the evening. My ex has severe COPD but had he not stopped drinking a few years ago, he would be more than happy to gasp his way to the store for beer. Maybe this was the man’s last means of feeling independent.

Takes a village, Filly, we're the Old Wives in charge of all the Old Wives Tales.

The pandemic may be a huge factor in keeping them apart. New York was an early site for the virus, it would be hard to justify going there -- especially on public transportation.

Sounds as if Ms. Whetstone was possibly protecting her Dad's health by staying away?

Possibly accepting the 'caregiver's' excuses -- he's napping, he's out in the park, he's playing cards with the neighbor...we've heard how these dangerous isolators work.

She had an apartment, a home for herself & for her daughter. Not any more!

There's more to this than we know, I expect.
snipped

I agree with you regarding the son and daughter and the possibility of COVID restricting their visits. The estrangement between son and father could have been over something basic. Son chose a career dad didn’t approve of, dad cared more about alcohol than his family, dad cheated on mom, ... Family dynamics can be messed up. The daughter may have commitments at home that couldn’t be left to go visit dad. Maybe travel expenses weren’t an option.

As for the live-in caregiver, my gut tells me that she may have landed a new “home”, be it permanent or long term. If she was capable of abusing her daughter like she did, she was likely capable of abusing an elderly man, imo

snipped

I agree with you regarding the son and daughter and the possibility of COVID restricting their visits. The estrangement between son and father could have been over something basic. Son chose a career dad didn’t approve of, dad cared more about alcohol than his family, dad cheated on mom, ... Family dynamics can be messed up. The daughter may have commitments at home that couldn’t be left to go visit dad. Maybe travel expenses weren’t an option.

As for the live-in caregiver, my gut tells me that she may have landed a new “home”, be it permanent or long term. If she was capable of abusing her daughter like she did, she was likely capable of abusing an elderly man, imo

He also had quite a criminal record, so probably spent some years in prison while his chidren were growing up. Not a model parent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.green
Back