Man Killed in El Cajon Officer-Involved Shooting Pulled Object From Pants

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. So they knew what they needed to know (unarmed and mentally ill) and they shot him anyway. Thanks for your help.

NO. They had no idea if he was armed or not. And just because someone is mentally ill, that does not make them less of a physical threat.

"He knew what he was doing" about a man in medical and/or mental crisis. We're done here.

"He knew what he was doing" about a man in medical and/or mental crisis. We're done here.

I believe he knew that if he pointed a pretend gun at a cops head that he would be shot. I believe it was likely suicide by cop.

I believe he knew that if he pointed a pretend gun at a cops head that he would be shot. I believe it was likely suicide by cop.

Do you understand what mental illness is?

Of All U.S. Police Shootings, One-Quarter Reportedly Involve The Mentally Ill

Black, male, and mentally ill. Talk about a high risk group:

RIP Michael Noel, Joseph Mann, Quintonio LeGrier, Kevin Matthews, Andrew Loku, Willie D. James, Jason Harrison, Alfred Olango.

Ok, lets take the first one on the list:

That's exactly what happened to two deputies in St. Martin Parish. They were called to take care of an order for protective custody in December 2015, involuntarily committing a man, Michael Noel, with mental illness.

“From time to time he gets out of control, his mother can't handle him. I can't handle him; we call for help,” Michael Noel’s aunt Sable Alex told investigators later.

The incident turned deadly, and earlier this month, the district attorney cleared the deputies of any wrongdoing.

According to the report and investigation interviews, two deputies were dispatched to help take Michael Noel into the hospital. His mother had called for a protective order earlier that day.

“He need his medication, bad. Because little by little every day that he don't take his medication that's just how bad it gets little by little every day,” Sable Alex told investigators.

Michael noel pushes one officer to the ground. Two attempts at tasing him are ineffective, and then Noel allegedly tries to use the loose handcuff to his advantage, a deputy says in an interview.

“And he was just swinging his right, letting it fly, letting it swing where ever. Then he would grab it with his right hand and swing it like you would swing a knife at someone,” he said later.

That’s when the deputy said he had to use more force, kicking Michael Noel’s leg to create distance between them. Another deputy, backed into a corner, drew his weapon and shot Michael Noel in the chest.

“He told him stop! And Michael’s just doing that, so he ‘Pow!’,” Sable said.

Micheal Noel was pronounced dead at the scene.

And if we looked at the suspects in the shooting of police officers, I wonder how many might be black males with mental illness?

I can't edit my first reply and I wanted to add not one of the eight men I mentioned was armed with a gun.

A few were completely unarmed (including Alfred Olango, obviously), one had a baseball bat, one had a screwdriver, one had a knife, and one might have had something that looked like a boxcutter, so no law enforcement officer was at risk of being shot.

Do you understand what mental illness is?

yes.

My younger brother was a paranoid schizophrenic. When he was off his meds he could be a very scary and dangerous person. He was not 'himself' at those times. He heard voices and saw things that were not there. And that did not make him safe to be around at those times.

But if you call 911 and ask for police officers, you are not going to get psychiatric experts . And no matter what kind of hallucinations someone may or may not be having, they can still do a lot of damage to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme