Man Tossed from Bar for not drinking...ANYTHING?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

southernpixie

Reaction score
Had all of you seen this yet? Unbelievable - try to do the right thing.................

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250793,00.html

MIAMI — A Florida man who said he only wanted to do the right thing by driving his beer-drinking friends instead was designated for disrespect by a bar owner who allegedly beat him up before tossing him, a Miami TV station reported Wednesday.

Gary Maujean and his wife and friends visited Claire's Lounge in Pinellas Park, Fla., where Maujean ordered a soda, abstaining from alcohol so he could be the designated driver.

:doh:

southernpixie said:
Had all of you seen this yet? Unbelievable - try to do the right thing.................

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250793,00.html

MIAMI — A Florida man who said he only wanted to do the right thing by driving his beer-drinking friends instead was designated for disrespect by a bar owner who allegedly beat him up before tossing him, a Miami TV station reported Wednesday.

Gary Maujean and his wife and friends visited Claire's Lounge in Pinellas Park, Fla., where Maujean ordered a soda, abstaining from alcohol so he could be the designated driver.

:doh:
The bars defense was that he didn't order anything.:mad:

The non-drinker was "designated for disrespect"? What is that writer's first language?

Funny that a simple assault charge isn't enough. We need a new law.

That is ridiculous! Im so glad we only go to our friend's bar and not some idiot's bar who might be upset I didnt drink. I dont drink alcohol at all and always only drink pop.

Nova said:
The non-drinker was "designated for disrespect"? What is that writer's first language?

Funny that a simple assault charge isn't enough. We need a new law.
Heh I'm glad you said that about the "designated for disrespect" thing, Nova. English isn't my first language but I was going WTF?? One can only hope it's a typo....

And noooooo, please not any more laws.... :eek:

Is the bar owner going to be charged with assault? if not, then i believe he certainly should be! :furious:

Floh said:
Is the bar owner going to be charged with assault? if not, then i believe he certainly should be! :furious:
After re-reading, that wasn't mentioned! I guess I automatically figured they would. Wow, I sure hope they will.

"Maujean is planning to file a discrimination lawsuit against the establishment over the incident."

Maybe this wasn't about his not drinking??
Also I am curious to know how the bar would know what he had orderd ...
I can recall plenty of times in bars when I would just ask my friend to order me whatever I was having. The bartender would have no clue who it was for.

Amraann said:
"Maujean is planning to file a discrimination lawsuit against the establishment over the incident."

Maybe this wasn't about his not drinking??
Could be. Because come to think of it, I've never heard of people getting thrown out of a bar for drinking a soft drink instead of alcohol. So unless this barman/owner/whatever is a real nutcase, he might have had a different (equally unsavory) reason for harrassing this guy.

If he was a decent bar owner he would have given the designated driver a soft drink on the house. Some give free coffee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back