Identified! Manhattan - Asian Male 20-30, found in river, March 10 2023 - potential ID *WARNING - POSTMORTEM* - Kerlin Chen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

bombardier

Reaction score
Hi everyone, was doing my weekly scroll through NamUs and saw this young male UID out of NY who matches up with a young man I saw on the NY Missing FB page, and was found one day after. I have called the OCME (which I only do when I'm very confident with a potential ID) and they took down the information. Started this thread to keep yall updated.

#UP101501
height: 5'8"
weight: 160lbs
circumstances of recovery: Found unresponsive by the water near the Manhattan Bridge.
clothing: white tshirt, blue hooded jacket, black pants, gray-orange-black sneakers
DBF: March 10

Kerlin Chen
missing from: Queens, NY
weight: 150lbs
circumstances: Down syndrome and schizophrenia, left his house without his medication.
clothing: blue jacket, blue jeans and brown sneakers
DLS: March 9 2023

1679267481177.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, was doing my weekly scroll through NamUs and saw this young male UID out of NY who matches up with a young man I saw on the NY Missing FB page, and was found one day after. I have called the OCME (which I only do when I'm very confident with a potential ID) and they took down the information. Started this thread to keep yall updated.

#UP101501
weight: 160lbs
circumstances of recovery: Found unresponsive by the water near the Manhattan Bridge.
clothing: white tshirt, blue hooded jacket, black pants, gray-orange-black sneakers
DBF: March 10
View attachment 409986

Kerlin Chen
missing from: Queens, NY
weight: 150lbs
circumstances: Down syndrome and schizophrenia, left his house without his medication.
clothing: blue jacket, blue jeans and brown sneakers
DLS: March 9 2023

View attachment 409989
Great catch. I agree and hope his family will find some comfort in bringing him home. I sure hope there wasn't foul play, but it's been awfully cold. Sad. RIP young man.

Excellent match!!!! I'm amazed and would be very surprised if it weren't Kerlin. Poor guy :(

Is it just a typo or was Kerlin found wearing clothing other than his own? Unfortunately there are no photos of the clothing for either Kerlin or the UID.

Wow it looks like him. Hope, there is no foul play but his face looks beat up with scratches??? Was he fighting and then ended up in the water.

I'm not sure if I can link anything but family members on Red*it have confirmed that Kerlin was found deceased in the the East River (and was the UID). Rest in peace, Kerlin <3
I was looking for confirmation and the family member told me that they were told about the discovery on Sunday morning, so by the time I called he had already been identified but profiles were still online.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back